It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Looks To Install Microphones In "Urban Areas" That Can Listen to Conversations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by Advantage

So you believe that gunshots are the only thing that are within the frequencies that gunshots of all kinds and caliburs fall within.. that would activate the recording??

So you believe a system designed to identify gunshots is capable of recording individual conversations with any accuracy?

Of course.

Theyre not using tin cans and this isnt the bug in your house on court TV BS tech. Theyre not only talking about a very very wide range of frequencies.. but leaving something interesting out. They center on the recording but not the method of capture. There are MANY different kinds of ways to capture the sounds... some are wonderful accuracy.

Free Space Emission:
Acoustic/Audible Pressure Waves
Acoustic/Ultrasonic Pressure Waves
Optical/Invisible Light (UV, etc...)
Optical/Visible Light
Optical/Invisible Light (Infrared, etc...)
RF Transmission (VLF) 3 kHz - 3 MHz
RF Transmission (HF) 100 kHz - 70 MHz
RF Transmission (VHF) 30 MHz - 300 MHz
RF Transmission (UHF) 300 MHz - 1 GHz
RF Transmission (Microwave Low) 900 MHz - 3 GHz
RF Transmission (Microwave Mid) 3 GHz - 12.5 GHz
RF Transmission (Microwave High) 12.5 GHz - 26.5/33/40 GHz
RF Transmission (Microwave mm) 26.5/33/40 GHz - 325 GHz
RF Transmission (Microwave mm2) 325 GHz - 1.5 THz
Free Space - Magnetic

Conducted Emission:
Audible (Voice Frequency)
Ultrasonic
Video
Current Carrier up to 700 kHz (AC Mains, Phone, CATV, etc)
Radio Frequency (AC/Mains Devices, waveguide, etc)
Fiber Optic
Other Stuff

Check out the tech... even in the 30's - 50's.. amazing tech.

'Quivering with excitement, the technician extracted from the shattered depths of the seal a small device, not much larger than a pencil . . . capable of being activated by some sort of electronic ray from outside the building. When not activated, it was almost impossible to prevent. . . . It represented, for that day, a fantastically advanced bit of applied electronics.'

www.spybusters.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wormtongue

No one has the right to privacy on a city street...What you are referring to is about recording conversations.

Did you miss the subject of the OP?

This equipment records audio on city streets.

edit on 21-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

No one has the right to privacy on a city street...What you are referring to is about recording conversations.

Oh.. but its just in the URBAN areas.. code for ghetto.... so who cares, right?? Just used on THOSE people.. not us regular citizens.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Why do you keep repeating this?

I've already shown you a case where it has.

And I've already shown you why one garbled audio recording doesn't support your theory.

You obviously haven't read up on the technology, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I hardly missed the point. This was not wiretapping...it was incidental. The real abuse lies in the intentional eavesdropping that may result in such technology as the sentence after the one you quoted explains. There is no right to privacy on a city street.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
the best way to combat all of this spying on the phone, internet, outside and inside cameras and microphones, is just start using as many of the "redflag" words IN EVERY conversation you have. we all know the words, be creative......uuhhmm...you guys go first, and report back

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Why do you keep repeating this?

I've already shown you a case where it has.

And I've already shown you why one garbled audio recording doesn't support your theory.

You obviously haven't read up on the technology, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread.

How do you know the quality of the recording in that case?? Would you like to share??

Well, I'm glad at least one person is comfortable with this program.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It's more ominous because a reasonable person would expect more privacy talking on their own phone in their own home rather than say on the corner of Fourth and Vine.

Oh really? Tell that to all of the people who have been illegally detained and arrested for filming the police on public property and better yet, their own property!

I guess people like you won't learn a damn thing until you are on the receiving end of a police beatdown......

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

It's more ominous because a reasonable person would expect more privacy talking on their own phone in their own home rather than say on the corner of Fourth and Vine.

Oh really? Tell that to all of the people who have been illegally detained and arrested for filming the police on public property and better yet, their own property!

I guess people like you won't learn a damn thing until you are on the receiving end of a police beatdown......

lol...All I said was that there is no privacy on a city street. And I'm right. I never said I was for the police state.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Oh.. but its just in the URBAN areas.. code for ghetto.... so who cares, right?? Just used on THOSE people.. not us regular citizens.

What are you implying?

In my short stay here I find that the people on this site often breed ignorance rather than deny it.

I'm still waiting for a decent rebuttal. I've only been offered veiled threats of police brutality and implications of some sort of suburban elitism. I had hoped for more from this place.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wormtongue

Originally posted by Advantage

What are you implying?

In my short stay here I find that the people on this site often breed ignorance rather than deny it.

I'm still waiting for a decent rebuttal. I've only been offered veiled threats of police brutality and implications of some sort of suburban elitism. I had hoped for more from this place.

Im not implying anything.. if you read it, I said urban means ghetto in my opinion and most definitions that use the term mean black and not suburbs. It certainly meant that within the position I recently retired from. The article used the term .. YOU didnt. If you want a fight, then say so, dont be a wise ass and use "deny ignorance" to evoke a response and pretend you are the origin of the term "urban" in this discussion.... so you have something to whine about. I havent mentioned police brutality or urban elitism. Try to keep up with the conversation and attempt to aim your complaints to the correct poster. Not every single post is aimed AT YOU. There really are other people in this thread. I didnt care to "rebut" you... if you didnt notice, I atually gave information to the OP and answered a question as far as quality and methods used will obviously give different levels of quality and frequency ranges. Darn, you didnt give a decent rebuttal of my posts, and I expected so much more from posters here... .

If you are too elite to deal with the woeful responses you seem to feel you are receiving.. specifically when you were not being spoken to and didnt post the OP or the article, or the person in the post I was respnding to that you quoted ( hint, it wasnt you and related to the original article that was posted) , Im sure there are nice boards where everyone will agree with you and your inflated sense of self importance.

Here you go, for future reference:

ur·ban
/ˈərbən/
Adjective

In, relating to, or characteristic of a city or town: "the urban population".
Denoting or relating to popular dance music of black origin: "a party that features the best in urban music".

urban area
n
(Social Science / Human Geography) (in population censuses) a city area considered as the inner city plus built-up environs, irrespective of local body administrative boundaries

urban environment
Web definitions
An urban area is characterized by higher population density and vast human features in comparison to areas surrounding it. Urban areas...
An urban environment is the environment of a city; usually characterized by many buildings in a limited amount of space, with a high per capita per square mile.

re·but·tal
/riˈbətl/
Noun
A refutation or contradiction.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You quoted me and then talked about "urban" meaning black which is just your opinion. Why did you quote me?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You quoted me and then talked about "urban" meaning black which is just your opinion. Why did you quote me?

Look real close.. I quoted SEABAG and was speaking to SEABAG concerning the terminology in the original article. ALso review definitions and context of the term being used. This isnt hard.
DOne now? Can we get back to the actual article, terminoogy, and legality/issues/methods/ and conversation concerning the OP and not you and your issues now?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

My mistake. I'm new
and special.

edit on 21-1-2013 by wormtongue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

My mistake. I'm new
and special.

edit on 21-1-2013 by wormtongue because: (no reason given)

Everyone is new somewhere at sometime and lord knows we ALL make idiotic assumptions ( some repeatedly... ahem.. I have experience in this area) . Here.. take your head back... you can have it if you promise not to get all panty bunched again for at least 24 hrs.

On topic :

Govt finagled, taxpayer funded, listening devices do not cut down on crime and = bad president and a false sense of security for dimwits. I doubt a recording of POW-POW will get the cops there any quicker, offer evidence in court, or cause any more laws to be followed.
/thread.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Advantage because: meant 24 HOURS... sheesh..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
HOW are they going to man the networks to monitor all this information?? Wait a sec...

odd though...what if the "anti-Christ" or NWO ruler isn't a man...but a supercomputer with complete access to all this information and the ability to process and analyze it all...

For those who don't remember the premise of "Eagle Eye" its about a super computer that pretty much goes rogue...and it has access to pretty much everything

edit on 21-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Gonna have to start creating your own languages so they can't understand.

I don't understand the point of this system for shootings. It already takes city cops 3 hrs to show up after you call to report an incident.
edit on 21-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

They won't use it to ease-drop the same way that TSA didn't abuse the naked body scanners at airports.

Tell me how they are going to single out specific conversations with any clarity from building tops with any precision.

Sure, they might get lucky and catch a conversation or two.

If they wanted to do audio snooping on citizens, they would most likely use a different technology than one specifically designed to determine gunfire... like microphones on every corner.

I don't doubt that day is coming, but implementation of this system doesn't set off my conspiracy radar.

There will cameras, satellite pics.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Gonna have to start creating your own languages so they can't understand.

Bingo.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Double

edit on 22-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join