It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent thought? You get reported.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I am surprised that all of these legislators all over the country do not see what is happening to our nation. We are being bombarded with such unConstitutional sludge lately that where we are headed cannot be good. Yet they do not see that? I don't buy it, as it is obvious. That is why I feel that there is something more going on here. I do not trust a government that has done the things that the US government has done. And just about all governments have done similar or identical things, which is quite sad. And you wonder why people are always out for themselves...Because those who run the country are psychopathic or at the very least emotionally imbalanced, otherwise they would not have sought power in the first place. I mean seriously, what kind of complex does one have to have to actually seek and attempt to garner power over others?

Indeed. Those people should be kept away from weapons - they scare me! Will they follow their own laws? I doubt it. They've not got a good track record of that so far.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
How? Can they read minds, or something?

en.wikipedia.org...

Can they use some equipment to break someone's aura, and to, you know what? Some amplyfier of brain waves, some equipment, watch, telepathic contact, pressure, mind control, brainwash... Some sects, drugs...
I read a lot of Sci-Fi during my life

edit on 22-1-2013 by dragnik because: addition

edit on 22-1-2013 by dragnik because: addition

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I read somewhere that they like only guns and weapons, of science and tech... Some movie, I guess.
Educated people shouldn't cooperate with such a guys, because they are spiting on education, only using them (us) for their medieval purposes...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All this is going to do is prevent people who are beginning to feel urges to not get help as needed. No matter how pure you are, or how perfect you think you are, everybody at some point has mentioned wishing somebody would drop dead, or throttle them, etc etc. Now that gets you under observation and or potentially in treatment?

When people talk to a shrink they assume they can express their darkest fears and it will be kept confidential. They can talk about how they are scared at the thoughts in their heads and ask for help, and the therapist will do just that. Not anymore, the people will just keep it in, and next shootings, bombings, stabbings will be people with no history of mental illness, shifting more restrictions, violations of privacy, and destruction of personal rights.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

I think that right of self-defence is legal.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As I browse this thread, I have to wonder if ANYONE posting here has read the actual legislation.

I have.
I read it a few days ago. Because it sounded far-fetched and I looked into it instead of believing the first sensationalistic and biased article I came across.

Just for fun, let me tell you that whether or not to report the patient is ENTIRELY up to the doctor. And the doctor has NO liability, whether they report the person or not.

Isn't that kind of the way it's always been? Yes, it is.
Laws like these are NOT actually to change anything. They are made to make the frightened people feel better.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
As I browse this thread, I have to wonder if ANYONE posting here has read the actual legislation.

I have.
I read it a few days ago. Because it sounded far-fetched and I looked into it instead of believing the first sensationalistic and biased article I came across.

Just for fun, let me tell you that whether or not to report the patient is ENTIRELY up to the doctor. And the doctor has NO liability, whether they report the person or not.

Isn't that kind of the way it's always been? Yes, it is.
Laws like these are NOT actually to change anything. They are made to make the frightened people feel better.

Hey wait ... ANYONE??? I believe in a previous post, I stated that there were already state laws on the books for this, so it's not unprecedented. Give me some credit!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
reply to post by tnhiker

I think that right of self-defence is legal.

Uhm, not sure what you are referring too?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

In Texas, doctors and psychiatrists have a duty to report it to authorities, without fear of doctor-patient privilege violation, if they feel the patient has expressed a credible, imminent threat to harm others.
edit on 22-1-2013 by usernameconspiracy because: Clarification of response

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I mean for goodness sake who hasn't said "I could just strangle that woman!!" at one point in your life? Be careful who you speak to.

Bottom line..the Psychologist that is earning $300 an hour to hear you say it...should be able to tell the difference between folks who just say it...and folks who are capable of and are actively planning to it.

From what I have seen no one is suggesting that Mental Health providers report everything, only when they are convinced someone is going to carry out thier threats.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Hey wait ... ANYONE??? I believe in a previous post, I stated that there were already state laws on the books for this, so it's not unprecedented. Give me some credit!

Credit to you!

I was just browsing, not reading every post. Sorry, I missed yours.

reply to post by usernameconspiracy

To me, it only makes sense. Imagine! New York and Texas sharing an opinion!
It's a good day!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anybody who says anything along the lines of "you just need to watch what you say" totally misses the point of therapy, if you are watching what you say in therapy you aren't getting everything you could or quite likely what you need out of it. A patient in therapy NEEDS to be able to voice anything and everything they are thinking and feeling to get the help they need. And lets not forget that these laws and obama's executive orders are not only aimed at those who express a desire to hurt others... had a suicidal thought? on the list you go, no guns for you, ever. That cancels me out right there, not that I want a gun, I just don't want the govt telling me that I can't have one because I experienced a low point in my life. And here is a hypothetical for you: John Smith is depressed, not because of an aberrant brain chemistry, just because of circumstances in his life, it effects his productivity at work and he is ordered to visit a therapist, that therapist sees his depression and prescribes any one of a number of antidepressants, within 3 months John has suicidal thoughts, because if you didn't have them before you take an antidepressant you will after you start, he expresses these thoughts to his therapist and now John is on a federal database that flags him to lose any guns he currently possesses and forbids him from owning new ones. Don't think it could happen? Watch and see.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

i wonder if the drs. will have sense enough to take a person's lifestyle/personality into consideration. ie-- someone who says they'd love to kill their high school gym teacher for flunking them. now that's a threat, but do they take into consideration 1) does the patient even know where the person is at that time? 2) do they have a way to get to the person (do they have a car, can they afford public transportation), do they own any weapons (could they afford to buy a gun) my point is, do they take into consideration if there's a resonable likelyhood the person could carry out their threat? just because someone says they want to kill someone, doesn't mean thay have the means and opportunity to do it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
reply to post by nenothtu

I read somewhere that they like only guns and weapons, of science and tech... Some movie, I guess.
Educated people shouldn't cooperate with such a guys, because they are spiting on education, only using them (us) for their medieval purposes...

I note that you are in Serbia - so you should be well aware that tech and weapons wouldn't carry the day. A dangerous man is a dangerous man, and will find a way to wreak havoc if he is of a mind to.

Education has many forms and facets.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Well I can't think of better "Thought Police" than therapists.

I can't think of a better excuse for the thought police than the overblown fear that a complete maniac is going to come out of nowhere and kill everyone.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows this is just the foot in the door. We all know the types of things they'll be reporting will gradually evolve into areas that have nothing at all to do with any serious threat. We all know it won't end with doctors and nurses and shrinks informing on their patients.

Obviously, it will eventually evolve into the real life thought police. The informer could literally be anyone. Your sister, your father, your boss, your ISP, your credit card company. The types of offenses will become more and more vague (So they can be adapted to virtually any situation).

Ridiculously unlikely scenarios will be amplified in which the public will be told the whole thing could have possibly been averted if someone had only reported this person or that person to someone.

This is not about safety. This is about power and control. The need for safety is a built in component of their lust for power but it is not their end goal. It's just incidental. And the rest is inevitable.
edit on 23-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join