It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Game would you like to see as a movie.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager

And I would like to see Resident Evil... done right.

personally, I have really enjoyed most of the Resident Evil movies (outside of that last stinker), but I do agree-I would love to see it done more in line with the game series.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
zelda, It has to be made into a movie. Ever since i saw that trailer. I cry softly to sleep every night.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Turns out J.J. Abrams is looking to do both a "Half-Life" and a "Portal" film adaptation. Hope they don't get lost in development hell.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't really want to see any video game turned into a movie. Movies based on games tend to be bad.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Games that are based on movies are bad...

I tend to like movies that are based on video games though.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

-SAP-

I partially agree with your first statement. But...if my opinion is wrong...I think it can go both ways. Every one is going to have a dud movie or dud game. I mean, like say Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Amazing games, but all the characters are based off the movies/tv shows.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Very true.

I think God of War and Halo would make epic movies.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Probably Metal Gear Solid 1 and depending on how well it is executed the rest of the series too.

Though I wish they'd redo the Tekken movie - it was disgraceful lol. Also most the Final Fantasy games have movie potential but I'm not sure if they could be executed right.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Honkwoo1486

Metal Gear Solid is getting a move I guess.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

That's interesting news. I hope there will be some changes to the story, because the original one was a little bit too sweet in overall message, for the film it should concentrate more on conspiracies...

Not all movies made upon the game were bad. Personally I think the first Silent Hill movie was superb, even people not knowing the game dig it.

As for the ideas, what would you think of an old Amiga classic: Another World?

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
I don't really want to see any video game turned into a movie. Movies based on games tend to be bad.

Well said. Video games don't need to be made into movies, the game itself is an interactive movie (of sorts).

Lets just take a look at some of the worst game to movies.
MaxPayne.
Doom
All res evils, they are just so out of touch from the games and made to be just any other zombie movie.
Hitman.
Street Fighter.
Mortal Kombat. Ok SF and MK weren't bad but they weren't great.
Silent Hill certainly wasn't superb and it could have been better, rather than just becoming a generic horror movie.
That's the main problem, film creators try to shove a beautiful game idea into a generic movie situation, it happens every time.

The best one is probably The Super Mario Bros, but even that was so out of touch with the games that it can be considered a terrible adaptation.

It just shouldn't be done, why would anyone like their gaming heros to suffer the fate of the big screen.
Most (just movies) are so terrible these days anyway, no movie makers can do games justice.

[
edit on 11-3-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

-SAP-

I partially agree with your first statement. But...if my opinion is wrong...I think it can go both ways. Every one is going to have a dud movie or dud game. I mean, like say Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Amazing games, but all the characters are based off the movies/tv shows.

And all the movie / TV shows are based from the comic books.
Batman was done bad with the campy TV show and at least 2 movies, Batman forever and Batman and Robin *shudders*.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Scrabble...in the dictionary, no-one can hear you screme...

A99

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Scrabble...in the dictionary, no-one can hear you screme...

A99

The logical next step from Battleship.

Then Kerplunk as a sequel to Scrabble.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

gears of war.

Halo

metroid

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Metroid, Perfect Dark and Bloodrayne (yes I know it has been done already but I pretend it doesn't exist because they didn't do what they should have and followed anything that remotely looked like the games storyline.They should never let Uwe Boll direct a movie like ever again.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

I wanted to say that as my second choice but I think they would ruin it. Imagine some kiddie crap with terrible actors and huge budgets that will make everything retarded instead of better.

Do a LOTR type scenery and with elvish characters and DARk story line, make it dark though....not just anime bubbly.....

Remember DBZ? Yeah, dont do that.

Zelda would be cool, if they stick to the story and make it ocarina of time-ish.

edit on 12-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Counterstrike 1.6 / Source

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I hate to say it because I know it's probably not going to happen with recent news but...

Bioshock.

I just think a 1950s underwater city gone to hell is such an interesting setting... but it would have to be Rapture in all it's glory. I really can't think of another game that has the potential to become a classic if done right... maybe Portal.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i know they have a cartoon version of it but dead space is the freakiest game i have ever played i would love to see it in a real movie!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Halo, but I'm worried about its quality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join