It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Game would you like to see as a movie.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There is an old game called"Call of Cthulhu:dark corners of the earth".It's the scariest game i've ever played and i would love to see this in a movie,created by the people that made the game and not a Hollywood production if possible.

Also Call of duty:modern warfare would be awesome.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's always hard to answer this question because games themselves are like the movie versions of themselves.
They offer an interactive story and experience that movies can't offer.

If I had to say one, I think an assassins creed movie would work, there is already a short series made and downloadable through XBLA and its quite good.
AC offers itself to many time periods and scenarios, aslong as they got the Desmond segment right they could do whatever they wanted with the assassins story.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think ya'll covered all my ideas:

Call of Duty
Halo
Pokemon - Real Life

OP: GTA Vice City was made from Scarface the movie

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This may sound a little crazy but what about Jersey Devil from the ps1?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wow has a lot of stories in it that could be made into films even a trilogy, burning crusade, lich king, cataclysm (deathwing)

Metal gear solid original

Pokemon proper film not cartoon

Devil my cry

Oricana of time

Legend of dragons

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Honkwoo1486

Metal Gear Solid is getting a move I guess.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Director Hideo Kojima confirmed in 2006 that a film adaptation of Metal Gear Solid was in development.[119] He also hinted that the movie may be set in Alaska, the original setting for the game.[120] Despite pitching his ideas regarding the movie, the voice of Solid Snake, David Hayter, will not be writing the final script, appearing in the movie or directing the film. However, a petition has been started by fans to get Hayter involved in writing the script.[121] The movie's producers hoped to invite Kurt Wimmer to write the movie, but the final decision has not yet been announced,[122][123] but producer Michael DeLuca dismissed the claim. According to an interview in Nuts magazine actor Christian Bale is interested in playing Solid Snake in the film.[124] In late August 2012, Konami issued a press release stating that a live-action film was in in pre-production.[125] The film is being produced by Avi Arad and Ari Arad, with their production company Arad Productions as well as Columbia Pictures.[125] Distribution and production will be handled by Sony Pictures Entertainment.[125]

-SAP-
edit on 28-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was digging throught some of my old games this weekend and have started re-playing Zelda on the SNES with my son. THAT brought back back memories!

Wouldn't that be a great idea also for a movie? I would like to see it for sure.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Tenchu : Stealth Assasins
-
Nightmare Creatures
-

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WOWGamer

Zelda: A Link to the Past?

Great game. Beat it over and over again.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Assassin's Creed 2!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Easy...

God of War trilogy and Castlevania "Lords of Shadow" (which LoS 2 was announced last month but no release date yet).

Both are good stories and "tragedy" style tales. I think either or both would make a great movie. But then again, I'm more of a swords and sorcery guy than I am a shoot'em up guy. I do and did like all the Resident evil games...movies are...meh....ok I guess.

As long as they didn't make a crappy "B" movies, my two picks could be good...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ive been waiting for a LONG time now for a Legend of Zelda movie. They could truly do something epic with that franchise.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree with that 100%. Just get the right director and make it happen.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Ive been waiting for a LONG time now for a Legend of Zelda movie. They could truly do something epic with that franchise.

I think the problem with Zelda is that each game has had (roughly) the same story. Slightly different circumstances, and new gimmicks each time, but essentially the same. Don't get me wrong... I've spent most of my life in the presence of Zelda games... But to do it justice, it would likely have to be... The same story. At least for the first one. Then they'd need a game that breaks the pattern. I mean destroys it. Then further movies could do the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I think the problem with Zelda is that each game has had (roughly) the same story. Slightly different circumstances, and new gimmicks each time, but essentially the same. Don't get me wrong... I've spent most of my life in the presence of Zelda games... But to do it justice, it would likely have to be... The same story. At least for the first one. Then they'd need a game that breaks the pattern. I mean destroys it. Then further movies could do the same.

Im too sure that is true. While the general storylines are similar, you would really only have to keep certain elements of that story to do the movie justice.

I envision a Lord Of the Rings style movie-or, series of movies.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Or they could pick a game story and make a move out of that, for example Majoro's Mask...

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Or they could pick a game story and make a move out of that, for example Majoro's Mask...

-SAP-

For sure. Majora, Ocarina of time, A Link to the Past....any of them would be a fantastic movie plot. A Link to the Past is a fairly complex plot....

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes it is. Going back and fourth through time lol. Still would be cool to see in 3D.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would be interested to see them try something with the killzone series

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mega Man.. I've always thought they could do something great with Mega Man.

And I would like to see Resident Evil... done right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join