It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regulators Discover a Hidden Viral Gene in Commercial GMO Crops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is just a way to reduce the population of the country and the world by at least eighty percent. Those who survive will work as slaves for the pharma companies to get meds to keep their immunity up or they will die. Carrageenan is another natural additive that destroys the macrophages and ultimately destroys our immune system. The miticides they put on our foods also destroy beneficial bacteria that fight for us. What a mess. Noone is safe, the only ones I can see that are creating this is the big chemical companies tied to food. Alchemists again, I thought we stopped that problem a hundred years ago before we renamed the science Pharmaceuticals.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I hear you, and understand.

"If you put a label on genetically engineered food you might as well put a skull and crossbones on it." - Norman Braksick, president of Asgrow Seed Co., a subsidiary of Monsanto, quoted in the Kansas City Star, March 7, 1994

Wow now that is a strawman if I ever saw one. We are just asking for identification, not a list of potential side effects or principle issues. If they are so concerned with public opinion, then why not educate us and assure us that their families and children eat this stuff with no concern whatsoever.
But I digress...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sorry, but you were right to start with. There is absolutely no chance that a cauliflower virus could cause disease in a human. Zero, nada, zilch.

The entire GMO scam is perpetrated by people who don't have the slightest idea of what they are talking about, or it is being sold to said crowd.

Step away from the stupid.

You're welcome,

-zz

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Wow now that is a strawman if I ever saw one. We are just asking for identification, not a list of potential side effects or principle issues. If they are so concerned with public opinion, then why not educate us and assure us that their families and children eat this stuff with no concern whatsoever.

Yep, indeed true.
thanks for reminding us on that one....

Why then we ask why are....

If its really good and safe...

GM Foods NOT Served in Monsanto Cafeteria

And...

If it's really safe, then why does the Obama family avoid Monsanto foods?,

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by pianopraze
It's called eugenics, and did not begin or end in Nazi Germany.

Piano,

I was looking for the pre Nazi connection,
can you jog my memory? Thanks in advance.

Google phrase "eugenics movement in USA".
From my memory: modern eugenics emerge in second half of 19. century in UK and USA. Especially in USA it gained great momentum and leads to eugenics laws (first half of 20. century). After Nazi Germany defeat in WWII eugenics is no longer term acceptable by public and is renamed to sociobiology - name probably familiar to you. It was same move as with propaganda renamed as public relations.
Now if you do set of most influential eugenicists in USA in 1920-1940 and another set of direct financial supporters to Third Reich, there will be large intersection. In fact some of Nazi racial laws were modeled after USA eugenic laws.

Sorry for (not so) off topic ...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I follow white house event menus closely...they always eat organic...most likely non GMOs b/c they eat unusual types of plants and special breeds of grass fed beef, stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You know, I cannot seem to find the answers I need to feel like its all safe.

So it seems reasonable to err on the side of caution and avoid this stuff like the plague...because it could potentially carry a plague of some sort.

I do sense there is a policy to withhold specific data here.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stillwind
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sorry, but you were right to start with. There is absolutely no chance that a cauliflower virus could cause disease in a human. Zero, nada, zilch.

The entire GMO scam is perpetrated by people who don't have the slightest idea of what they are talking about, or it is being sold to said crowd.

Step away from the stupid.

You're welcome,

-zz

You are confusing.

Which angle are you taking here?

Saying GM is safe or possibly dangerous?

I cannot determine either way as information appears to be in short supply.
So I will try to avoid it and just watch developments over the next decade.
Play it safe just in case.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I follow white house event menus closely...they always eat organic...most likely non GMOs b/c they eat unusual types of plants and special breeds of grass fed beef, stuff like that.

Of course the elitist families none GMOs they always eat organic fresh and directly from the farms do you think and honestly believe that Obama children drink the fake mlik that we used drink from our stores? in a word my friend no.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Just Say No 2 GMO

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The problem when trying to avoid GM's is this, at least in my area. I have farmers all around me. I've been talking to them about the crops they grow, mostly corn and soybeans. The only seeds available to them are GM's. They can special order non GM, but the cost is 3-4 times more than the GM, which most farmers are not going to get back at the end of the growing season, and if there is a drought or something, it can put them under completely. Now in the case of the corn, they are taking it to the local elevators, which in turn sell it to the cattle and pig farmers for food.
So even though I've been buying a farm raised cow, instead of buying at the grocery store, it is still being fed the GM corn. Probably not as much, as it is also grazing, but still some.

So, is it even possible to completely avoid GM? Unfortunately, I just don't see how, as much as I would love to.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I'd have to learn more about this -- but this virus might not be "hidden" so much as PART OF the genetic transcoding process. Instead of injecting a command to "reproduce more of the virus" the virus injects the new DNA sequence.

This case could be more about mistaking what is already there and benign.
However, the process of genetic alteration doesn't simply "add a new gene" it does effect more of the DNA than the target (or so I've read).

The one thing we DO KNOW for certain about some GMO crops; namely Corn, Wheat, and Soy -- is that they cause the stomach lining to get thicker, reducing absorption. I forget the direct mechanism that forces the thickening, but it's similar to what happens with some artificial sweeteners. As many cancers are related to chronic inflammation.

I remember reading in college that nothing(?) gets absorbed or really digested in the stomach anyway. It's just another site of mechanical "digestion" like chewing is. All/most of the absorbtion and digestion takes place in the small intestine.

I think I need to also mention that all (most?) viruses alter the hosts DNA. I know it sounds science-fictioney, but that's how a virus works. It's a bit of DNA enclosed in a capsid that binds to a specific type of cell. Lets say its something like a cell that makes sweat. The virus binds to the specific type of cell that it infects, injects its own DNA into the cell and now the cell produces a virus instead of sweat. Usually your body does a good enough job of destroying the virus by itself. Bacteria are alive while a virus is not.

In research, they often use a virus that targets cells of interest to inject desired DNA into the cell. Co-opting it for their own use. If the virus isn't designed to bind to a type a of cell then it can't "infect" that cell. DNA doesn't, as far as I know, have the ability to "infect" a cell all by its lonesome. I eat foreign DNA(both modified and not as far as I know) and I don't take in any characteristics of the food that I've eaten. I've probably eaten many spiders in my sleep and I have yet to start fighting crime.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm on the fence as to GMO's being safe for human consumption. It does make me think though that there are all sorts of unforeseen dangers when playing God.
edit on 22-1-2013 by chrome413 because: spelling errors- i was in too much of a hurry.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This was posted as a breaking news article, and there seems to be a growing concensus that this viral gene(s) will indeed have far reaching implications on the health of mankind, the animals and the crops.

Well isn't that the way it always happens!

First, they declare....Oh, its safe its safe!
Eat up, there is no worry!

20 years later....oh....it looks like we made a mistake, we overlooked something!
We were wrong, uh....Sorry!

NEW fears were raised over genetically modified food yesterday after researchers found regulators had missed an "unsuspected viral gene" in widely used crops.

Two thirds of GM crops approved in the US contain the hitherto unidentified viral gene.

GM crops have been given commercially attractive properties - such as weedkiller or pest resistance - by having new genes inserted.

These genes are usually taken from species with which the crop could not breed naturally.

Last night Pete Riley of the GM Freeze pressure group said: “This discovery of this previously unidentified gene in GM crops raises serious concern about the safety of GM food and feed.

"It totally undermines claims that GM technology is safe, precise and predictable.

“The very existence of Gene VI has been missed for many years, so we don’t know what implications it might have.

"It is impossible to say if this has already resulted in harm to human or animal health, and since there is still no GM labelling in places like the US where GM is more common in the diet, no epidemiological studies can be carried out.

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 22-1-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Yes, sure they have their organic garden there too, at The White House.
They are not going to be eating GM foods...because they know that they
have only approved them for the general population to consume, the
elite wont consume GMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

So, is it even possible to completely avoid GM? Unfortunately, I just don't see how, as much as I would love to

Sadly, yes this is true. Almost all cattle, chicken, pork and then the eggs, all from
GMO corn unless they are grass fed cattle, which is available but hard to find,
its not more expensive really, its just not available most stores.

Chicken, if its organic then it can not have been fed GMO by law.

They have really screwed us, here 20 years later and no wonder the U.S.has such
a huge health decline!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Want to know what is more dangerous?

Not eating.

The current expansion of population has been made possible by GMO foods getting back to nature can not feed 7 billion people.

Of course people can hate GMO and not eat it they should, but what is the alternative?

Think "organic" can sustain all of us?

You decide.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow Neo, hard to think you really mean that.

Where was GMO 20 years ago? Still in the labs,
sure not everything was organic, but it was sustainable.

Remember back in the day The U.S. Farmer was subsidixed by The Feds,
who paid them to throw away food to keep prices high enough?

Come on people!
Wake up, this is a lie you are buying into!

Farmers in America did well out of the New Deal. The farmers of America did not prosper in the so-called Roaring Twenties.

They were simply too successful in that they produced far too much for the American market. With western Europe as a market effectively closed to them as a result of a tariff war, the farmers could only sell in America. Too much product for too few people caused prices to plummet.

Farmers had to sell to whoever would offer a price for their goods. Bankruptcy followed bankruptcy among farmers in the mid-West.

The Hoover administration had done little to help the farmers. Hoover’s "prosperity is just around the corner" must have sounded very hollow to mid-West farmers. The attack and attempted lynching of a judge by Iowan farmers in April 1933 (he was signing eviction orders to be served on farmers) lead to the Governor of Iowa putting the state under martial law. Roosevelt had to be seen to be doing something as for nearly 13 years the federal government had done little to assist the farmers.
www.historylearningsite.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by neo96

Wow Neo, hard to think you really mean that.

Where was GMO 20 years ago? Still in the labs,
sure not everything was organic, but it was sustainable.

Remember back in the day The U.S. Farmer was subsidixed by The Feds,
who paid them to throw away food to keep prices high enough?

They were called hybrid that got their start during the dust bowl era they have been around over 50 years.

What do you mean when farmers "were" subsidized by the feds that again over 50 years.

Who paid them?

The government and their agencies the FDA and their regulations.

Oh and people are living longer today than at any other time.
edit on 22-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Who paid them?

The government and their agencies the FDA and their regulations.

Who paid them to NOT grow food.

Thats the point....there would be plenty of food, yes even it was grown organically.
The farmers were paid to NOT grow, and they threw food away to keep prices high,
for the almighty figgin dollar!

You know, the same Corporate Lords we have now, thanks to FDR!!!

look for a thread on it. I promise, its coming.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join