It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Anaizmg is the Haumn Mnid with Amargans Even Uisng Nubm3rs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So I thought to post this here, as an amazing study on the capacity of the human mind. I received this in an email, so I don't no the source. Please post if you can find it.

This is a study of how quickly the human brain works anagrams. Only 55 out of one hundred can do this, so don't feel bad if you cannot. Have fun with it.

From the email:

I've seen this with the letters out of order, but this is the first time I've seen it with numbers. Good example of a Brain Study: If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind. And better than that: Alzheimer's is a long, long, way down the road before it ever gets any where near you.
>
7H15 M3554G3
>
53RV35 7O PR0V3
>
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
>
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
>
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
>
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
>
17 WA5 H4RD BU7
>
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3
>
Y0UR M1ND 1S
>
R34D1NG 17
>
4U70M471C4LLY
>
W17H 0U7 3V3N >
7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, >
B3 PROUD! 0NLY >
C3R741N P30PL3 C4N >
R3AD 7H15. >
PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F >
U C4N R34D 7H15. >

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends with 'yes' in the subject line. Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid, too.

Can you raed this? Olny 55 people out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseaethe huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

lol loved the ender. this is pretty neat. I didn't realize thatt only 55 out of 100 people were able to read this... I feel special now. almsot sceipal eoungh 7O sihne my helmet!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

If you can read this OUT LOUD you have a strong mind.

B3 PROUD! 0NLY >
C3R741N P30PL3 C4N >
R3AD 7H15. >

Indeed,...very L33t people

Only great minds can read this.

S0urc3 P13453

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think only 55 people can read it because 55 people out of 100 have used the internet and see this crap all the time.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOL

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sadly, it dawned on me that 45 of out 100 people reading this probably think we are morons without a spell check.

This is kind of like those color blind tests where some people cannot see the 7 and think we are pulling their leg..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

"Anidroccg to crad–cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr."

Edited to add translation:

"According to card-carrying linguistics professionals at an unnamed university in British Columbia, and contrary to the dubious claims of the uncited research, a simple, mechanical inversion of internal characters appears sufficient to confuse the everyday onlooker."

source

I don`t think there is much too this despite its initial eye catching effect. It appears to be a well travelled internet meme.

edit on 21-1-2013 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ancient Hebrew has always interested me... it's been explained as basically writing with consonants only, no vowels. Never studied it, so I can't say.

Asian syntax has always been of interest with a lack of spacing...

And learning Sanskrit is on my bucket list.

Language is fascinating.

I do a lot of writing in my free time, and one other thing I find interesting that my brain does, is sometimes, when I'm really tired, I'll mean to type a certain word, but instead my hands type another word or word combination that sounds similar, like "realize" instead of "real eyes." So it's weird the way the brain scrambles, unscrambles, encodes... @.@

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

lol loved the ender. this is pretty neat. I didn't realize thatt only 55 out of 100 people were able to read this... I feel special now. almsot sceipal eoungh 7O sihne my helmet!!!

Well you shouldn't. It's false. If you have a working mind you can do it. So 99.99% of people. The mind is amazing and special, you aren't (at least not for this reason).

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
its also interesting to note that without the context of the surrounding words, we would have a much harder time trying to discern most of those words.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Moreover, it's equally as interesting to note that those words, as they are written, have the letters arranged in a way that two letters beside each other can't actually be verbally used beside each other to make a sound. Like bv or hj or kg or tp. This tells the brain, "Hey this isn't a word", so the brain immediately looks for meaning elsewhere in the symbolic representation of meaning.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

yeah it is fun but I thought everyone could read numbers as letters?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

yeah it is fun but I thought everyone could read numbers as letters?

They can.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
Ancient Hebrew has always interested me... it's been explained as basically writing with consonants only, no vowels. Never studied it, so I can't say.

Asian syntax has always been of interest with a lack of spacing...

And learning Sanskrit is on my bucket list.

Language is fascinating.

I do a lot of writing in my free time, and one other thing I find interesting that my brain does, is sometimes, when I'm really tired, I'll mean to type a certain word, but instead my hands type another word or word combination that sounds similar, like "realize" instead of "real eyes." So it's weird the way the brain scrambles, unscrambles, encodes... @.@

You might want a look at the Chronicle Project work in ancient Hebrew. It might add to the fascination with seeing how the language actually works.compared to what the translators wanted it to say to hide it from us.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

top topics

join