It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being attacked from abroad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I think Aliens did it.

I have no evidence at all...so I am just as correct as you are.

It could also be Bigfoot.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I guess you missed the point of the mental exercise.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

I guess you missed the point of the mental exercise.

No, I clearly got your point.

Let's try to blame Obama for the recent attacks.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What I'm suggesting is that it would be rational to expect such an approach under any administration.

But I guess you're a one trick pony.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
At the time Rome was undefeatable and she was ruined from within, we are now Rome, we will be destroyed from the inside out. Just look out your window,

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Just look out your window,

I see what I have always seen... neighbors working hard, raising families...walks in the neighborhood...block parties...BBQs...lawn cutting...socializing. Despite all of the fear mongering...it ain't all bad.

Sometimes it's healthy to realize what you read about the world is not always an accurate reflection of the scale of it.

edit on 21-1-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
No. You are missing the pressure from progressives to conform to their idealogies. Hollywood, always used as a tool to manipulate the public, has been very outspoken politically. You would be blind to not see this. Only people that think for themselves, or non-conformists, are bucking the conformity.

Over 51% of the public is buying into the idealogy if spreading the wealth, Robon Hood, taking from the rich to give to the poor. They cannot see the forest for the trees. 51% of the population admits to being controllable, admits to being putty in the hands of the government. Maleable, and made to behave a certain way by trigger points. They cannot see it, because they are happy with their perceived benefits, both real and imaginary. The illusionary Hope and Change people, even as they see their benefits changing, their paychecks growing a little smaller, are still clinging to their version of hope.

Maenwhile, the government is growing ever larger. The top levels of the military that were outspoken against the president were removed for "Other" reasons, but it becomes clear the reasons are because they didn't want to do things HIS way.

The same is happening in all levels of government. Any voice of dissention is being removed. Quickly. While it is understandable to want your cabinet to be supportive, voices if difference can open avenues of thought. Anyone that is honest wants differece in opinion to be able to view things from more than one direction.

While calling Republicans the party of No, isn't it Obama that says he refuses to budge on increasing the debt ceiling? They are using political party affilliation to divide and conquer. Republican is now a dirty, slanderous word, like being called a Communist used to be.

While you look out your window and cannot see the forest for the trees, our government IS in apolitical coup. Once they passed the 50% mark, it was all downhill from there. However, the voices of dissention have begun to change the tide. The 2Nd Amendmendment issue was a misjudgment on their part, IMO. Now, they are struggling to regain control by trying to drown it all out. It is only up to the non-conformists now, whether or not they succeed.

A political coup, with the help of progressives unwittingly having been controlled and manipulated, to perform their own coup on the public.

Sorry for typos, typed in a hurry from my phone.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by loam

I think Aliens did it.

I have no evidence at all...so I am just as correct as you are.

It could also be Bigfoot.

Hey, I like my theory best. It's the NRA/gun industry behind it. They stand the most to gain, at least financially. Gun sales were lagging for a few years and now they are going through the roof. It's been very good for business. The more fear they can monger, the more guns being sold. Then they encourage people to resist gun control, and they are obviously pretty confident their lobby efforts will defeat any government bans. It's a win/win for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have to agree with some others. I think it's far more likely that these shooters were somehow set up/programmed/something by some faction in the government. There has been speculation in the past about certain shooter types exhibiting possible signs of brainwashing. We know the government worked on such projects in the past. All things considered, that seems the most likely scenario.

I can understand your speculation, though. In the case of the shootings at Ft. Hood, we had what was clearly an act of terrorism, and the government refused to acknowledge any connection, even though there were many.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingIcarus
Tempting though it is to look for 'rational' explanations to irrational events, could it not be just the fact that crazy men have easy access to guns and do crazy things? Admittedly this is a UK perspective, but surely people just snap sometimes.

When the evidence boils down to things like people shooting up x, y or z and looking 'crazy' or 'out of it', that does rather sound like evidence of some form of critical mental break.

How should they look? How should they act?

Of course people do simply snap at times. That is surely the reality in some cases. The problem we are looking at is what seems to be a rash of these mass shootings, or attempts at such, lately. Considering that these happen with increasing regularity, and all the pushing for gun "control" (read "seizure"), people can't help but speculate about some hidden motives behind these cases. Just this last year, we had far more cases than are seen on average.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join