It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should homosexual PE teachers be allowed in the locker rooms of the same sex?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Gay people are NOT the same as pedophiles. Gay women, for example, are not attracted to kids. And there's an amount of professionalism (as there is with doctors) that would prevent an adult from messing with children.

I have been examined MANY times by a doctor of the opposite sex, for example.

And if someone IS going after kids or watching them shower with ill intent, then it's not because they're gay, it's because they're attracted to kids.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree with you OP, there are double standards... some sex are discriminated more than others.

However...my middle/high school showers were also had separate stalls, even when ones that didn't, i usually have my shorts on. But my gym teacher was never in the shower.... he did show up to change room once in a while... but thats normal i guess.

Someone mentioned that men are perceived as perverted and it is VERY TRUE in this society. Especially around young children, when i went to pick up my niece and nephew at their school, because my sister couldn't... lets say i had lots of eyes looking at me....all of them were mothers of others kids. I didn't look bad either, i'm always well groomed an well dressed when i leave the house.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wait? are you saying that if someone is gay they CANNOT be a pedophile? psychopathic? Pervert? serial killer?

What does being gay have to do with other personalities?

A Gay person can be a pedophile, just like a normal person can be a pedophile too.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Originally posted by luciddream
Wait? are you saying that if someone is gay they CANNOT be a pedophile? psychopathic? Pervert? serial killer?

If I was saying that, I would have said that. So, no. That's not what I said. For what I actually said, please refer to my post. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

what would be the difference if you didnt know they were gay or bi even. If you didnt know, would it bother you? so if you did know why would it change anything...

Using that logic, tell me why I can’t shower with the women at the gym tonight (I’m a man).

How do they know I’m not gay? They shouldn't assume I'm straight!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Gay people are NOT the same as pedophiles

Agree, make sense.

Gay women, for example, are not attracted to kids

How do you know? What is the sample number? you knew 1 or 2 of them personally? if so, they were telling the truth? what about the rest of 99.99% of gay women?

That's like saying Men are not attracted to kids. i know few.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

To answer the question, no they shouldnt. Just to keep it on a very basic level.....for the same reasons strait folks shouldnt go into the locker rooms of the opposite sex.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You're missing the point. B.H. isnt saying that gay people CANT be pedophiles, he is saying being gay doesnt automatically make someone a pedophile.

Truth of the matter is, pedophilia is rarely about gay or straight, and moreso about power (and some darker things). Many so-called straight men abuse little boys, but prefer adult women.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

what would be the difference if you didnt know they were gay or bi even. If you didnt know, would it bother you? so if you did know why would it change anything...

Using that logic, tell me why I can’t shower with the women at the gym tonight (I’m a man).

How do they know I’m not gay? They shouldn't assume I'm straight!

And that is a salient point. I could shower all day with a crusty old female masterchief petty officer and not get sexually aroused or want to have sex with her for a single second but we still respect her privacy wishes to not shower with the opposite sex. We don't tell her to "get over it."

I'm not saying that gays should be banned or are dangerous--just that legitimate privacy concerns and respect issues exist on both sides of the equation. No easy answers.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is not just about pedophilia, if we are talking about middle school and high school, then at that age the students can be well into puberty.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

And I would add to that the fact that pedophilia is not a choice and I am sure there are those who fight it with honor. It's not the sexuality that is immoral, its choosing to act on it. I can't even imagine the feeling of shame and guilt they have to live with, hat of to those who has to live a life like that.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

And doctors examine women of all ages. Adults know what is right and wrong. If they choose to do the wrong thing (like approach an underage person for sex), it's against the law. The same thing that keeps doctors from abusing their position keeps gym teachers from abusing theirs. Personal morals and fear of consequences.

There ARE gym teachers who abuse their positions and there are doctors who abuse theirs, and priests who abuse theirs... regardless of sexual preference.

This isn't a matter of attraction, it's a matter of personal ethics. And gay people's are the same as straight people's.

edit on 1/21/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Maslo

And doctors examine women of all ages. Adults know what is right and wrong. If they choose to do the wrong thing (like approach an underage person for sex), it's against the law. The same thing that keeps doctors from abusing their position keeps gym teachers from abusing theirs. Personal morals and fear of consequences.

There ARE gym teachers who abuse their positions and there are doctors who abuse theirs, and priests who abuse theirs... regardless of sexual preference.

This isn't a matter of attraction, it's a matter of personal ethics. And gay people's are the same as straight peoples'.

All true, but the law also states that you can have a chaperone of the opposite gender when you are examined or that you can change doctors if you are not comfortable. You are never told to just "deal with it."

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Actually NM
edit on 21/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Who is being told to "just deal with it"? And deal with what? The question posed is should gay PE teachers be allowed in the locker room, NOT in the shower or examining the student's private parts... If anything inappropriate takes place, it's illegal and can be reported.

Disallowing gay PE teachers in the locker room would be a suggestion that gay people are more likely than straight people to do something reprehensible. I don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok guys and girls be honest with yourselves. Are you not attracted to young members of the opposite sex? Are you not attracted to girls/guys 16-18 years old? If you're not you are lying to yourself, and don't use the "because she's 18 she's legal" excuse. Even if you ARE NOT A PEDOPHILE, most people ARE attracted to young members of the opposite sex. Not being attracted to them is just denying your instincts to procreate with a young healthy person which your brain is hardwired to do. MOST PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTED TO YOUNG PEOPLE. It's only pedophilia when you're attracted to non sexually devloped children in my opinion. It may still be illegal to have a sexual relationship with a developed female but our brains ARE developed for it.

But this is not what it's about! My college had unisex showers, bathrooms. Even my stepdad was taking a shower in college once and the showers were all full and some girl that was late for class jumped in and took a quick shower with him and nothing sexual happened. Even though I am sure plenty of sexual acts happen in unisex shower rooms in college.

The difference between those shower rooms and the locker rooms in highschool was that ALL SHOWERS WERE COVERED STALLS. And I think that it isn't necessary, but it would work. Hell you might even be able to do that in a highschool, well maybe, but there might be too many hormones (funny how it's only okay to experiment in mass dosages of sex and drugs in college as our society expects it).

Regardless of what I just said even if you don't have a homosexual watching your kids in the shower they still see them in various states of undress. I understand how this pedophile topic came about but that's a side effect of what the problem may be...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

My college had unisex showers, bathrooms. Even my stepdad was taking a shower in college once and the showers were all full and some girl that was late for class jumped in and took a quick shower with him and nothing sexual happened. Even though I am sure plenty of sexual acts happen in unisex shower rooms in college.

They didn’t have that when I went to A&M.

Texas must be behind the curve on this!! Damn it!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I forgot to say that 1/4 of highschool students are 18 or almost 18 so it wouldn't be pedophilia in those cases it would be a homosexual teacher attracted to a legal aged PE student.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Should homosexual teachers be allowed in the locker rooms of the same sex?

Yes, of course they should.

Let me explain.

Firstly I don’t really care if another man is checking out my body or even my penis, really I couldn’t care less it doesn’t harm me in anyway, I have lined up with my mates and took a wiz of a peer, two of them where gay yet they take no sexual satisfaction in seeing my private parts. These are the same guys I was in the shower with when I was 15 and 16 and got changed in front of in the locker room. So what if there is another gay dude in the room I don’t care so long as he doesn’t get any sexual satisfaction out of it.

So to get to the question, the premise of the OP is this, if a heterosexual was to watch children showering say by spying on them or whatever, he or she would be called a paedophile. I agree that is wrong and those people should be punished.

However I know form my experience of the school locker room that it was the best place to punch a guy in the face if his atoll annoyed you. Looking back I can see that teachers did at times have to pop a head in the door to see what we were up to. So they have to do it, part of a teachers job is to protect children, that includes having their heads kicked in when in the shower. As such they do have to take a peek every now and then.

Now I disagree with the OP strongly for this reason, the OP is implying that a homosexual male PE teacher would get sexual satisfaction from watching young males having a shower or undressing. That is utter rubbish; the implication is that because he is homosexual he must therefore like young boys. Not true.

So if the PE teacher is going into check up on the boys to make sure they are not starting a riot then fair enough, I don’t care the teacher is male, female, heterosexual or homosexual, it’s just part of his job. It’s like a doctor would you say your homosexual doctor might be a paedophile or shouldn’t be allowed to see your kids naked chest to listen to his heart because he is gay, of course not!

The key point however comes down to this, if it were to be observed that the PE teacher was getting sexual satisfaction out of it then it’s wrong, as in say he or she was to pull up a chair and watch the whole thing that would be wrong but if he is looking into check up on the kids then so what.

It’s not double standards, sure there are probably some homosexual PE teachers who have and do abuse their position of trust yet at the same time there are some heterosexual PE teachers who do the same…. even when they are looking at the same sex.
edit on 21-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join