It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator says Bush has no choice about drafte

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
According to Sen. Tom Harkin, Bush will have no choice but to reinstate the draft. If this is true, there is no telling what the outcome will be.

President Bush may or may not have a secret plan to reinstate the draft. But this is beside the point. The deteriorating facts on the ground in Iraq, plus the Bush doctrine of acting pre-emptively and unilaterally against hostile regimes, will soon leave him no choice. If President Bush is re-elected, he will have to restart the draft.

Indeed, President Bush has already imposed Stage 1 of a new draft. Many soldiers whose enlistment period is up are not being allowed to leave the service, and those who left the service years ago are being forced to put on the uniform again against their will. It is clear that we already have a backdoor draft.

President Bush has effectively ended the all-volunteer military.

www.iowastatedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe that neither Kerry or Bush will not have any other choice but to reinstate the draft. # is hitting the fan people !!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
All I can say, is that I aint goin to war unless I see Bush or Kerry on the front line yelling "CHARGE!!!!!"

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here's an interesting fact that makes this prediction seem very real. A discussion in the weaponry forum yesterday asked the question about why the flags on U.S. soldier's uniform appeared to be back-wards. I did some digging around (Reasons flag is back-wards) and ran into something interesting. Soldiers only wear the colored US flag while deployed, and remove it when they get back home. Now all U.S. army forces have until Oct. 2005 to put the flag on their uniform and keep it on. This says to me that we are no where near the end of this thing. In fact it's only beginning.

All Soldiers to Wear U.S. Flag on Uniforms
WASHINGTON -- All Soldiers can now wear the U.S. flag insignia on the right shoulder of their utility uniform, as a continued reminder that the Army is engaged in a war at home and abroad.

�The flag has been around for years to identify deploying troops. Now based on the Army�s joint expeditionary mindset, the flag represents our commitment to fight the war on terror for the foreseeable future,� said Sgt. Maj. Walter Morales, the uniform policy chief for G1.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker approved the uniform item Feb. 11, and all Soldiers have until Oct. 1, 2005 to get the insignia sewn on their uniforms.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If Bush or Kerry re-instates the draft I can see Canada's civilian population increasing quite dramatically!

How's the weather up there anyways?

top topics

join