It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renewing our collective faith in the future of America - Inauguration Speech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

However, elections have consequences and sour grapes are not productive in changing minds.

No sour grapes here, we are destined to follow this path as a nation. Obama said 'Our journey is not complete'

That journey began well before Obama.

Nothing can stop him from fulfilling destiny.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I have faith in the South. Pretty much anywhere north of the Mason/Dixon line are victims of unintended consequences from Liberal agendas.

What, like abolishing slavery and so on?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

What, like abolishing slavery and so on?

People think slavery ended?

Really?

The expanded it and changed from cotton to votes Government is the master, feeding,clothing,giving healthcare, and "educating" them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
HEY ALL, I watched the inauguration speech here in Africa, and my first thoughts was on #5 A DECADE OF WAR ENDING. How is that not complete bull, when they are currently providing logistics and technical suppport in Mali, and every political commentator I've heard says this is the year Obama has no choice but to deal with Iran. How is this an end to a decade of war? As a foreigner, frankly I can tell you also, as soon as he started about the constitution, I swear I could feel the awkward silence aura from here of the American people, and thought to myself they know he lies as he is standing there on stage! He still really believes we are all stupid and everyone is just going to blindly follow him. Anyway, thats just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Slavery was a Democrat thing. The South is mostly Republican now.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yes, because of Nixon's Southern Strategy, where Democrats in the South, sorry Dixiecrats in the South, became Republicans.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Slavery was a Conservative thing.

Don't confuse ideology with Party labels.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Yes, because of Nixon's Southern Strategy, where Democrats in the South, sorry Dixiecrats in the South, became Republicans.

Huh????
The Dixiecrats were in crisis before Truman left office and became defunct shortly after the '48 elections. Their leadership returned to to the folds of the Democratic Party, but the "stranglehold" on southern politics was ended as more Republicans entered into office.
Before you start fussin at me, know that I was home from Vietnam and a 20 something Cop while Nixon was in office. As a very concerned citizen and a leo, I followed politics rather closely. That which you speak of never happened.

If Nixon had any effect on any Dixiecrats, he did it before he became president in '69.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spock51

Yes, good point - it's far more complicated than I first supposed. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Slavery was a Conservative thing.

Revisionist history case in point:

edit on 21-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You seemed to have missed the most important part of my post.

The ideologies of the parties have changed. Republicans today would have been Democrats in the past.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by neo96

You seemed to have missed the most important part of my post.

The ideologies of the parties have changed. Republicans today would have been Democrats in the past.

Clearly did not watch the video the parties are the same as they ever was.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

The Civil War was fought because Democrats voted 96% against abolishing slavery, then left to create the Confederacy. In no way,shape,form or fashion are Republicans slavers. The Equal rights Amendment was written by 2 Republicans in 1870 and passed in 1875. Unfortunately Democrats ignored it. The only member of Congress to be a member of the KKK was a Democrat. You obviously know nothing of the history of the United States if you think Republicans were for slavery. The Republican party was formed to abolish slavery. The Wig party was split on the slavery issue so the Republican party was formed to end slavery. Study some history. You know a lot of things that aren't true.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You can't equate the Democrats of the 1860's with the modern Democrats. That dog won't hunt I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
It didn't matter what Obama said in his speech.

The people in this thread that are against what he said would be against it no matter what he actually said.

We have become a country of sore losers, if your guy doesn't win...then he is apparently the enemy. When in fact he is still the leader of our country. When people are so quick to criticize every little thing he says, to me it is just a sign of their partisanship and closed mindedness.

Want a real shocker? I (the OP) voted Obama the first time around. I abstained the second time around as I refuse to be given a choice between a giant douche and a giant turd and still participate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join