Open Heart Surgery at 86?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Well my grandparents were both born and raised in Mississippi, I don't remember either of them ever exercising but they always worked hard. My grandfather was raised on a farm and was taken out of school for a few weeks each school year to help plant or harvest the crop so he finally quit in the 8th grade. He worked hard all his life. Thats about all the exercise they ever got. Hes had a brain tumor, quadruple bypass, knee replacement, hernia operations and no telling what else. Now my grandma on the other hand was always healthy, and pretty active, getting up around 6am to cook breakfast and 2 other meals all homemade from fresh ingredients, even after retiring. She stayed active as soon as she was partially healed from the bypass surgery she was on the move again. The only the that slowed her down was throat cancer, and she never smoked. She hasn't been right since the chemo therapy. It seems like it made the alzhiemers 1000x worse. Now she forgets where she is, what bed she sleeps in, etc.. Its sad watching then get old and slowly falling apart, My grandpa still trys to do some type of work everyday bit his artificial knee slows him down, it stays infected so he has to be on strong antibiotics, if not his knee swells up. I think it all boils down to Attitude, if your mother in law has a positive outlook and the surgery goes OK without complications then she will be fine. Make sure to research the Dr. before she agree. I hope this helps.

I forgot to add: All my grandma takes is some.blood pressure meds, before the op. she had to take thinners. Its amazing seeing how different her skin looked after the surgery, before she was pale and afterward you could see a pink tinge return to the skin.
edit on 22-1-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by geldib

The way you described your grandparents sounded like you were describing my wife's parents. They too were both grape farmers and worked hard their entire life. Her dad is healthier than her mom, but they both are on blood pressure pills. He used to be on a blood thinner but now he's on an aspirin regiment.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't know if this means anything to you because it's slightly dfferent, but my grandmother had a complete hip replacemnt at 86. She lived to be over 100.

Yeah, it's the great American health care system. You don't wait six months and there are no death panels.

Oh, wait.......

<< 1   >>

join