It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tremex

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The economy is in a very bad state right now and so called experts claim it is the worst recovery in U.S. history.I think it is gonna get worse myself once they all start admitting to it.

There is a real "S&Poiler" to your claim:

NEW YORK -- The Standard & Poor's 500 index traded above 1,500 for the first time since December 2007 following a sudden drop in claims for unemployment benefits, another sign that the labor market is healing.

www.miamiherald.com...

On the other hand, after S&P had reached a similar height back in 2007, it was all downhill. Would the history repeat itself just for the heck of it?

When the dollar depreciates, stocks rise because there are now more dollars chasing less stocks. It’s exactly what’s happening now. Don’t base the “recovery” on how well the stock market is doing. Base it on your real world experiences.

You can have a year over year stock market rise of 7%. But if inflation is 12% then your overall loss is 5% of your wealth.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by tremex

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The economy is in a very bad state right now and so called experts claim it is the worst recovery in U.S. history.I think it is gonna get worse myself once they all start admitting to it.

There is a real "S&Poiler" to your claim:

NEW YORK -- The Standard & Poor's 500 index traded above 1,500 for the first time since December 2007 following a sudden drop in claims for unemployment benefits, another sign that the labor market is healing.

www.miamiherald.com...

On the other hand, after S&P had reached a similar height back in 2007, it was all downhill. Would the history repeat itself just for the heck of it?

When the dollar depreciates, stocks rise because there are now more dollars chasing less stocks. It’s exactly what’s happening now. Don’t base the “recovery” on how well the stock market is doing. Base it on your real world experiences.

But the real world experience reflected in USD/EUR and S&P charts for last three years doesn't support your opinion. In other words, there is no significant correlation between both curves that would support your claim. When a currency depreciates, its holders usually dump the stock exchanges in favor of investing in gold.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
People must consider that some people may be making money from statements like "imminent collapse of US dollar".

A currency is intimately tied to the strength of a nation. Dollar wont collapse until US itself collapses.

And Europe will collapse before US. I can guarantee that.

Western europe has very little military manpower. NATO seems so big and so strong but the fact is it is predicated on the US military might. This happens in a situation when there is real danger to Western Europe from both Islamic armies and other continental powers like Russia and China. I would rather say that Europe is living in a fool's paradise.

While dollar may become weak temporarily due to fickle currency markets, the first currency collapse candidate is euro even before we think about dollar.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul was SOOOO NOT warning us about this for DECADES.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is why I can't stand this guy!!! We are responsible for who is in office??? Did anyone notice how much play time Ron Paul got last election?? How it was blantantly obvious the guy was getting blacked out!!!' Polls were being fixed!!

The election of 2000
The election of 2004

We're not picking these people that run for President!! The bottom line each man is working for the same side and is related to each other somewhere down the line. The fix is in and the money and the oil, banking, pharmacy cartel to name a few, are running this Country. They all meet up to same party each year having bomb fires in a remote location discussing how utterly brilliant they are and what poor country they're going to take over next.

Blahhhhh I just can't stomach this guy no matter how few times he gets something right! Since I know fox and the people they work for...maybe it's suppose to start leaking that the $ will collapse. That's what they want. 1 world currency. This way, we're suppose to accept the better way they've come up with to do things...or so it's a softer blow when it happens!!!! I know I don't trust this guy...so I know his motives aren't clean.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

The military cannot overrule the law of supply and demand. The more dollars are out there, the more of them it will take to buy something. No bullet will ever change that.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Alex Jones 1996;
Martial law is coming, Clinton's gonna take your guns
and the dollar will collapse any day now....

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by therealdemoboy

Right now dollars are doing the disappearing act. The dollars are being printed at an ever increasing rate but that does not increase the domestic circulation. So inflation is in check.

Why is it happening. Due to huge overseas demand for dollars.

Mr Bernanke is successful only because somebody (foreigners) are absorbing the excess dollars.

Please note that most of new dollars created are now virtual dollars - that exist only in cyberspace; which foreign governments shortly convert to US assets like debt instruments and hard assets.

A large number of real assets in USA are now owned by foreigners. Your government does not tell you that but soon you will realize that your country is owned not by citizens but by foreigners.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
O'Reilly's job is to scare the masses enough that they will go out and buy gold from goldline and other gold sponsors of the FOX NEWS network.

Unfortunately, many of his sheeple low information viewers think he's a news anchor, not a opinion show host, and accept what he says as God's honest truth, because you know, that nice Mr O'Reilly would never steer me wrong.

I work for a cable company, and actually had an old lady use that phrase ordering FOX NEWS "Oh, I can't do without that nice Mr O'Reilly and his nice friend Mr Hannity".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You are right. Dollar is not going anywhere. Dollar will go if US breaks down as a country.

If there is a currency that is at risk right now - it is Euro, a megalomanic creation of folly.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I like how he mentioned all the social security and medicare and other welfare spending. Somehow I think that there are really people who do need special medical care, and should receive it before we bomb other countries.

I seemed to miss hearing him talk about the spending on wars and bases in other countries. I mean I guess the US probably needs all that too. Russia collapsed, and I'm sure it wasn't the easiest of times over there during the collapse. It won't be the end of the world when the collapse does happen (unless TPTB make it worse than it already is).
edit on 5/8/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

Don't worry - europe will collapse before US so people in US are luckier somewhat.

I see civil war in several european countries due to the mad experiment called 'euro' and that will come soon.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Things seem “off” lately. The markets are more wacked then normal and we have a lot of major events all colliding into each other at the same time. There is to much stuff happening at once for my liking and it leads me to believe we are on the cusp of a large event in the near future.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

So, nearly 5 months later... how's that dollar collapse coming along?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I didn't realize there was a time frame given.

The signs are there, no one knows when. But I can tell you when the interest rates start to rise you are going to see the collapse begin to quicken rather quickly.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Events also tend to feed on each-other, as in action creates reaction but also mimicry and opportunism. The markets are in an extremely managed collapse, the truth is that things should be already much worsts (and keeping the finger in the dike is only making it build more pressure, not addressing any issues). The stupid concept of quantitative easing (in this quantities and durations) alone will have a extremely nefarious effect but in the short term, beyond the "normal" artificial market distortions and inside dealing, it is what is feeding this detachment of markets and reality...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join