It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I keep seeing people refer to Gold and Silver as a way to save themselves. Correct me if I am wrong but the Romans had a system based around precious metals aureus (gold) and denarius (silver) and it too collapsed from similar events.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by chrome413
This has all been in the works since the U.S. was taken off the gold standard. You know- $1 worth of gold for every dollar bill. The goal is for the dollar to collapse along with every other currency on the planet. Only then will governments be willing to give in to a one world currency. And with a unified currency must come a one world controlling governmental. It is all just a matter of time.

I'm not going to provide a bunch of info. There is plenty out there if you'll only look. People look for yourselves and decide for yourselves. That's just my 2 cents.

so...if we go out and buy 100,000 dollars worth of gold....and the price per ounce collapses to 500 dollars, will you reimburse me for my loss?
www.marketwatch.com...
not really in favor of self responsibility are we?

the information provided to a person like me, as i have painfully learned, is inadaquate to make a responsible investment. i would go into more detail, but i do not wish to be held legally responsible by what i would say, i am too "small" to achieve a positve outcome.
on the other hand, there is nothing wrong with collecting hard assets

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
I keep seeing people refer to Gold and Silver as a way to save themselves. Correct me if I am wrong but the Romans had a system based around precious metals aureus (gold) and denarius (silver) and it too collapsed from similar events.

It wasn't the currency but their ability to sustain their large foot print. Their military eventually could no longer be funded and basically gobbled up their wealth. It wasn't a fiat currency that could easily be made. It either had to be taken and mined.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Blue_Jay33

It's insane how we have breached the limit by nearly fifty billion dollars!

I see what happened in Zimbabwe happening here.

Like many have said It's just a matter of when.

edit on 22-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

I have seen a Zimbabwe 100 billion bill, sometimes people bring them home as souvenirs after they visit the country. Then you realize the reason any dollar has value more than monopoly money is because it is attached to a country, and presently people will give you goods and services for it.
Reminded me of scene from a movie, I forget which one, where after society has fallen apart and paper money is worthless, this guy burns millions of dollars in a fire to stay warm.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

DUUUUH.
No second line.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

A Lot of what he says has been moving forward for a long time.

Hes right to look for the Truth, just dont look on the O'Reilly show.

He is One of the worst Agenda Driven Talking Heads on TV.

Sorry that MSNBC and Ed Shultz Christ Matthews and " Madcow" Maddow.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

you're correct in a way but gold and silver along with other precious metals have a limit to supply where fiat currency's do not, they can be manufactured. you are left with three choices for barter, fiat based currency, precious metals or usable goods which are also in limited supply. i have a silver dollar in my hand from 1921 it was worth 1 dollar then and is now worth 32 dollars today as silver. which would you rather be holding right now, 1 dollar or 1 silver dollar?

i don't know about you, but i would rather barter in precious metals since they are easier to carry verses cows and chickens and have a fixed known value as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
so...if we go out and buy 100,000 dollars worth of gold....and the price per ounce collapses to 500 dollars, will you reimburse me for my loss?
www.marketwatch.com...

It's not quite that simple. Your $100,000.00 would be an investment and not backing a currency. But I will tell you what, if I had a whole lot of money I would gladly reimburse you for any loss, because I like your sense of humor.
Star4U

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

In my opinion it is purely a protective measure, yes the price will fluctuate but it will always be worth something, fiat currency on the other hand.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I can honestly and unabashedly say I really can't stand OReilly. He said Ron Paul was crazy for talking about such things as the dollar collapsing. He's the worst and it makes me sick to my stomach that so many people trust him and take him seriously

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Nothing they can do will change the fact the economy has never been sustainable and they knew as this as far back as 1933 (and I suspect earlier) of the possible consequences from it being unsustainable. A system built on debt is designed to fail, there's no balancing the unbalance-able.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

We, in the Conspiracy community, have been saying this for years.

I really believe that the NWO Elites chose Obama to destroy the US as a sovereign nation.

Anyone who criticizes Obama's actions will be smeared as a "racist."

The US Dollar is being intentionally collapsed. How else would the Americans accept a new currency to replace the USD?

All of this is obvious. Just as obvious is that Red China has "imperialistic" designs on the rest of Asia & Africa.

Reminds me that one way to get out of massive debt is to destroy the banker (Red China). Remember the Templars?

Is WWIII far off? What is obvious is that The world has changed profoundly -- especially since 9-11

The old US of A that existed before 9-11 is NOT coming back. It's all history.

In a few decades there will be no one left alive who has any memory of what the US was like before 9-11.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So O'Rielly, basically you're saying that you wished you'd backed Paul..?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DupontDeux

So O'Rielly, basically you're saying that you wished you'd backed Paul..?
haha! we both know he'd never say that. i think i saw somebody else mention that O'Reilly still hasn't mentioned a word about military spending when he talks about "out of control spending". he is an idiot but at least main stream people heard about this coming crisis and might start talking about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yep, been hearin' the same bulls**t since the 80's...You idiots will never learn will you

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Did anyone catch the extension of the debt ceiling til around august?

Can anyone explain to me how this is possible? They are already apparently using extraordinary measures, but now they pass a bill that enables them to borrow more money until may? And then when may rolls arounds, they can use extra ordinary measures for another two months before anything needs to be done.....

can someone explain this to me?

Will they ever have to raise the debt ceiling?

It seems like just a big joke.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I've always said, once talk of the dollar collapse starts to hit main street, events will start to accelerate. The masses will start to panic and the collapse will become Self-induced.

O'Reily, being number one in his time slot above buckwild, saying the dreaded “D” word (DEFULT) to the sheeple live, troubled me when i first seen this clip last night.

Things seem “off” lately. The markets are more wacked then normal and we have a lot of major events all colliding into each other at the same time. There is to much stuff happening at once for my liking and it leads me to believe we are on the cusp of a large event in the near future.
edit on 21-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

So read above first ^

Now i went to dinner with my mother last night. My mom randomly brought up that she had some customers come in to get some work done, she’s a dermatologist, and the customers brought up the O'Reily video. My mom said her customer was worked up and in a mild panic about how the US is going to collapse and how she never knew any of this before until she watch O'Reilys show that friday night.

my mom calmed her down and told her what she needs to do, (cough, cough, PREP!) and how she can get started.

Its crazy how 3 mins of tv can turn people into a panic.

I was shocked to say the least.
edit on 24-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The economy is in a very bad state right now and so called experts claim it is the worst recovery in U.S. history.I think it is gonna get worse myself once they all start admitting to it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
The economy is in a very bad state right now and so called experts claim it is the worst recovery in U.S. history.I think it is gonna get worse myself once they all start admitting to it.

There is a real "S&Poiler" to your claim:

NEW YORK -- The Standard & Poor's 500 index traded above 1,500 for the first time since December 2007 following a sudden drop in claims for unemployment benefits, another sign that the labor market is healing.

www.miamiherald.com...

On the other hand, after S&P had reached a similar height back in 2007, it was all downhill. Would the history repeat itself just for the heck of it?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Actually it's recovering quite nicely at the moment. The moment that those idiot Republicans stop blocking things it'll do even better.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join