Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

page: 7
47
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

I don't like O'Reilly ... he talks too much on his show. But .. He's right. The writing is on the wall. And it looks like that is the intent of TPTB. (Obama included). Those in charge can't really be stupid enough to think that they can continue to spend like they are and not have everything collapse. It has to be on purpose ...



I keep hearing that quote. " Bill O'Reilly is right."
Why isn't MSNBC giving the American people this important information?

Thank God Bill O'Reilly has more viewers.
Knowledge is power. Now everyone knows where to get it.


Bill O'Reilly ratings 3,356,000 viewers!


Maddow only 1,020,000.




posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Welcome to ATS m8, see you joined recently.
Now , People have been saying the Dollar is going to Collapse for the last 20 Years.

What took "Wonder Bill" so long to Figure it Out?



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 


It's insane how we have breached the limit by nearly fifty billion dollars!

I see what happened in Zimbabwe happening here.

Like many have said It's just a matter of when.
edit on 22-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Welcome to ATS m8, see you joined recently.
Now , People have been saying the Dollar is going to Collapse for the last 20 Years.

What took "Wonder Bill" so long to Figure it Out?


Our USA Gross Debt to GDP ratio only recently jumped above 100%.
If we found a way to grow our GDP to $25 Trillion we would be just fine.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Why isn't MSNBC giving the American people this important information?

I think we all know the answer to that one.
It doesn't fit their agenda.
What I wonder about is why anyone on earth watches MSNBC at all??



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This guy is an absolute turd and people that follow him or actually give his statements any weight are lost. Bill O'reily is a big part of the problem, I bet if they pulled the camera away from him a few feet you would see the strings and the puppeteer.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by solongandgoodnight
 


No, no, no. The disclaimer doesn't work. How could you hate the ATS community so much that you would post Bill O' Reilly's opinion on anything?


Yes, the dollar is going to collapse. I've heard it since 2008, yet the dollar is not backed by gold, it's backed by the U.S. military. If the military collapses then the dollar will collapse, unless the U.S. starts producing something besides weapons. Of course, this is only my view of it


this is the most insane comment I think I've read. The military has absolutely NOTHING to do with the dollar. The value of the dollar is solely dependent on the amount of dollars in circulation. The more countries pull from trading in Dollars, the more dollars that reside in the market. And the more dollars we attempt to print, it even saturates the markets even further. The only way to save the dollar is to monetize the dollar and bring it back into the central bank. They only way to do this is through inflation. The more dollars hanging out the the higher the inflation. Reference the Weimar Republic for how hyper inflation can destroy the value of a countries currency.


This is simply not true or maybe just way too over-simplified to the lint of being illogical, about value based on dollars in circulation. If we didn't add dollars as the population and economy grew, then the value of the dollar would increase. Prices would fall, amd with them, wages would fall. It's really the same thing either way. The middle class always lags in wage increases as the dollar weakens, but you can bet we would lead the downward charge if the dollar strengthened.

The big thing is, the value of the dollar primarily consists of its value VERSUS OTHER currencies. Are people going to all dump the dollar for some other currency out there which magically is so much better than the USD? Which would that be? The Euro? Nope. The Yuan? Certainly not. The Yen, Dinar? Do any of them have enough in circulation to unseat the dollar? Will their leaders sit by idly as their exports grind to a halt because their currency value has gone up by a factor of 50?

There is simply no plausible way for the US Dollar to collapse anytime in the near (or even within decades) future. Can even one person explain how this would come about? Preferably someone with, at minimum, a rudimentary understanding of macro-economics and currencies?



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
Why isn't MSNBC giving the American people this important information?

I think we all know the answer to that one.
It doesn't fit their agenda.
What I wonder about is why anyone on earth watches MSNBC at all??


Does this mean that MSNBC is ' lying by omission' ?
On occasion i watch MSNBC in the morning for comic relief.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
reply to post by Blue_Jay33
 


It's insane how we have breached the limit by nearly fifty billion dollars!

I see what happened in Zimbabwe happening here.

Like many have said It's just a matter of when.
edit on 22-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)


You have GOT to be kidding me! Do you know what happened to Zimbabwe? The printed ungodly amounts of money compared to their assets and their economy. We have not done that. Our debt to GDP ratio is around 100%. At the end of WW2 it stood around 140%. We've done pretty well since then. If this situation now is "imminent collapse", what the heck were people doing in the mid-1940's? I'm assuming most everyone suicided rather than face certain famine and homelessness. Either that, or people just simply weren't so easily fooled by dopes with an agenda when the facts and truth (example, the USD is nowhere near collapse, and in fact, will likely be gaining strength...again, over the next few years.)

I have come to the conclusion that since so many have been predicting the demise of the USD, with absolutely no logic behind their nonsense (which is never fulfilled of course, since there is no reason it would happen), for so long, that any who even mention it anymore (not meaning the suckers buying into it, I mean the people in the media) - can only be foreign agents, attempting (and failing) to destabilize the US economy.

I should probably stop posting in this, because i'm just getting irritated and repeating myself, but again, there is ZERO logic behind the past 30 years' claims of imminent dollar collapse. If you are an investorm my advice to you is to assume the USD will be strengthening over the next few years. The more you hear illogical doomsayers with no actual knowledge like O'Reilly say the dollar is going to collapse, the more you can assume its going to strengthen. The more you hear "gold is going to $5,000/oz!" commercials, the more you can safely assume that this is a great time to sell off that gold you've got stashed, so you can buy it back and then some in abywar or two when it has dropped, yet again, under $1,000/oz.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 





He reports the truth.


Shameful that anyone on ATS would say such a thing.




This is why Bill O'Reilly has over 3 million viewers.


Racheal Maddows show has more viewers than the O'reilly factor..., going to use the same logic for her show too? Or American Idol?


edit on 22-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)


LOL, we call this ↑ playing with the facts to create your own fantasy.... Fact is, O'Reilly slaughters Maddow in total viewers by well over a million.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by dragnik
 


Perhaps you should listen to the Bill O'Reilly clip one more time on Page 1 of this post.
Our current spending is " unsustainable ".
The economic tsunami is on the way. The not so bright liberals have an attitude " so what?"
We want free stuff anyway!
Let the good times roll.


please, you do know what happens to people that are wealthy, when the poor are pushed into desperate places?
i would think the wealthy might want to ease up a bit, both rhetorically and in direct action, on blaming the poor for their poverty, it would be good for self-preservation. marie antionette, tzar of russia, kings, and dictators all over the world, have come to self-astonished endings, due to their contempt of the poor.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23
 


I was talking more about $16 million loaf of bread..

But sure I agree with your rant.
edit on 22-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Get to my thread 911!!!!
"American Pie"

[Intro] A long, long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile And I knew if I had my chance That I could make those people dance And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver With every paper I'd deliver Bad news on the doorstep I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried When I read about his widowed bride But something touched me deep inside The day the music died

[Chorus] So bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 1] Did you write the book of love And do you have faith in God above If the Bible tells you so? Now do you believe in rock and roll Can music save your mortal soul And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him 'Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym You both kicked off your shoes Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck With a pink carnation and a pickup truck But I knew I was out of luck The day the music died

[Chorus] I started singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 2] Now for ten years we've been on our own And moss grows fat on a rollin' stone But that's not how it used to be When the jester sang for the king and queen In a coat he borrowed from James Dean And a voice that came from you and me

Oh, and while the king was looking down The jester stole his thorny crown The courtroom was adjourned No verdict was returned

And while Lenin read a book on Marx A quartet practiced in the park And we sang dirges in the dark The day the music died

[Chorus] We were singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 3] Helter skelter in a summer swelter The birds flew off with a fallout shelter Eight miles high and falling fast It landed foul on the grass The players tried for a forward pass With the jester on the sidelines in a cast

Now the halftime air was sweet perfume While the sergeants played a marching tune We all got up to dance Oh, but we never got the chance

'Cause the players tried to take the field The marching band refused to yield Do you recall what was revealed The day the music died?

[Chorus] We started singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Verse 4] Oh, and there we were all in one place A generation lost in space With no time left to start again So come on, Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Jack Flash sat on a candlestick 'Cause fire is the devil's only friend

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage My hands were clenched in fists of rage No angel born in Hell Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night To light the sacrificial rite I saw Satan laughing with delight The day the music died

He was singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Outro] I met a girl who sang the blues And I asked her for some happy news But she just smiled and turned away I went down to the sacred store Where I'd heard the music years before But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets, the children screamed The lovers cried and the poets dreamed But not a word was spoken The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost They caught the last train for the coast The day the music died

And they were singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye Singin' "This'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die"

[Chorus] They were singin' bye-bye, Miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye And singin' "This'll be the day that I die"



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by solongandgoodnight
 


No, no, no. The disclaimer doesn't work. How could you hate the ATS community so much that you would post Bill O' Reilly's opinion on anything?


Yes, the dollar is going to collapse. I've heard it since 2008, yet the dollar is not backed by gold, it's backed by the U.S. military. If the military collapses then the dollar will collapse, unless the U.S. starts producing something besides weapons. Of course, this is only my view of it


this is the most insane comment I think I've read. The military has absolutely NOTHING to do with the dollar. The value of the dollar is solely dependent on the amount of dollars in circulation. The more countries pull from trading in Dollars, the more dollars that reside in the market. And the more dollars we attempt to print, it even saturates the markets even further. The only way to save the dollar is to monetize the dollar and bring it back into the central bank. They only way to do this is through inflation. The more dollars hanging out the the higher the inflation. Reference the Weimar Republic for how hyper inflation can destroy the value of a countries currency.


This is simply not true or maybe just way too over-simplified to the lint of being illogical, about value based on dollars in circulation. If we didn't add dollars as the population and economy grew, then the value of the dollar would increase. Prices would fall, amd with them, wages would fall. It's really the same thing either way. The middle class always lags in wage increases as the dollar weakens, but you can bet we would lead the downward charge if the dollar strengthened.


Did I miss something or did you just validate exactly what I said only using supply and demand as your premise?


The big thing is, the value of the dollar primarily consists of its value VERSUS OTHER currencies. Are people going to all dump the dollar for some other currency out there which magically is so much better than the USD? Which would that be? The Euro? Nope. The Yuan? Certainly not. The Yen, Dinar? Do any of them have enough in circulation to unseat the dollar? Will their leaders sit by idly as their exports grind to a halt because their currency value has gone up by a factor of 50?


Actually, the Euro has been discussed in several countries as a means of replacing the petrodollar. Many countries have learned a heinous lesson that their economies, even if not using the dollar, are tied to the petrodollar and as the US economy fails, their economy is dragged in so countries are now moving to diversify themselves and use the Euro as a balancing mechanism.

ETA: Money article showing that many countries investing in the Yen and Franc as a means of stabalizing their economy. money.cnn.com...


There is simply no plausible way for the US Dollar to collapse anytime in the near (or even within decades) future. Can even one person explain how this would come about? Preferably someone with, at minimum, a rudimentary understanding of macro-economics and currencies?


Please elaborate how the Mark went from the equivalence of the pound/dollar to that of paper fodder in they quit printing values and switched to a monetary color scheme due to the value of the Mark devaluing at such a radical rate?

Not only are we flooding the dollar on the world market, we also have a massive trade deficit which is only marginalized by our trading partners (Europe, China and Japan) that continue to by our debt. Once the demand for dollars decreases, our bond prices will collapse and our debt will be less than attractive. No country will be able to fund our deficits.

The only thing keeping the dollar going is that several economies are still tied to the dollar. The more that switch to the Euro or even their own central bank, the more the dollar loses it's ability to remain a viable currency.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Bearack because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   


there is ZERO logic behind the past 30 years' claims of imminent dollar collapse.
reply to post by dogstar23
 


you are saying there is ZERO logic behind saying a currency will fail due to printing paper money with nothing to back it up? i don't think history agrees.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Don't forget this guy is shill for the msm just like all the others. The only difference is he pretends to be right wing.
What he's saying is half true. The dollar has to collapse if changes aren't made soon (it's probably too late).

Where the deception is, is he and all the others on the right say the same thing, and this is what's very wrong with their message.

Out of all the tremendous government waste, the only place they can find to cut is the program that actually does average people any good, social security, madicare, medicade. These should be the very last things cut. Here's what needs to be cut first.

Gigantic military? We need all that. Gigantic bloated DHS? We need all that. All other kinds of wasteful government
spending, and regulations? We need all that.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This has all been in the works since the U.S. was taken off the gold standard. You know- $1 worth of gold for every dollar bill. The goal is for the dollar to collapse along with every other currency on the planet. Only then will governments be willing to give in to a one world currency. And with a unified currency must come a one world controlling governmental. It is all just a matter of time.

I'm not going to provide a bunch of info. There is plenty out there if you'll only look. People look for yourselves and decide for yourselves. That's just my 2 cents.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc


Don't forget this guy is shill for the msm just like all the others. The only difference is he pretends to be right wing.
What he's saying is half true. The dollar has to collapse if changes aren't made soon (it's probably too late).

Where the deception is, is he and all the others on the right say the same thing, and this is what's very wrong with their message.

Out of all the tremendous government waste, the only place they can find to cut is the program that actually does average people any good, social security, madicare, medicade. These should be the very last things cut. Here's what needs to be cut first.

Gigantic military? We need all that. Gigantic bloated DHS? We need all that. All other kinds of wasteful government
spending, and regulations? We need all that.


Right wing I would venture to disagree. He's more of a moderate that dabbles in libertarianism, but regardless, you're right that he's more of a mouth piece for a specific agenda.

The unfortunate fact is in order for our trade deficit to start to cure, we need the dollar to devalue, making US manufacturing more attractive once again. We went from a manufacturing base to a service based economy and we can't even do service based anymore and that has not been outsourced to India (or the likes of).

Until we find a way to resolve our trade deficit, our economy is doomed as well as the dollar. It's an unsustainable mess that we've built.



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
This has all been in the works since the U.S. was taken off the gold standard. You know- $1 worth of gold for every dollar bill. The goal is for the dollar to collapse along with every other currency on the planet. Only then will governments be willing to give in to a one world currency. And with a unified currency must come a one world controlling governmental. It is all just a matter of time.

I'm not going to provide a bunch of info. There is plenty out there if you'll only look. People look for yourselves and decide for yourselves. That's just my 2 cents.


so...if we go out and buy 100,000 dollars worth of gold....and the price per ounce collapses to 500 dollars, will you reimburse me for my loss?
www.marketwatch.com...



posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by chrome413
This has all been in the works since the U.S. was taken off the gold standard. You know- $1 worth of gold for every dollar bill. The goal is for the dollar to collapse along with every other currency on the planet. Only then will governments be willing to give in to a one world currency. And with a unified currency must come a one world controlling governmental. It is all just a matter of time.

I'm not going to provide a bunch of info. There is plenty out there if you'll only look. People look for yourselves and decide for yourselves. That's just my 2 cents.


so...if we go out and buy 100,000 dollars worth of gold....and the price per ounce collapses to 500 dollars, will you reimburse me for my loss?
www.marketwatch.com...
not really in favor of self responsibility are we?





new topics

top topics



 
47
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join