Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
People have been saying the dollar would collapse for like 50 years now.

It probably will but who knows when.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place? You blame the guy who comes in later and has nothing to do with them being there. It's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by ipsedixit

Please check the following links to know who holds most US debt.

Who owns most of the US debt

MAJOR FOREIGN HOLDERS OF TREASURY SECURITIES

Thanks for the links. They are very interesting.

The second link tells me that almost all of America's international creditors are increasing their holdings of American debt. There are only a few exceptions to this, countries that are decreasing their holdings of American debt.

For all the China haters out there, China, almost alone among your creditors is no longer willing to hold America's hand while it learns the rudiments of household finance.

The hated and despised France is another one, finger uping for America. And little Thailand continues to weasel out on its big stupid buddy.

Almost all others are doing their duty as friends and increasing their burden on America's behalf.

Note: The above paragraph has been rewritten to reflect what the table actually shows as opposed to my lunkheaded misreading of it. Hey, at least I'm not concealing my stupidity.

But expecting other agencies, like Social Security, IRAs etc, holding the US debt to forgive the debt would be asking them to renege on their promises.

Americans really need to be given clear choices. They can choose, either to have pensions and other entitlements or they can choose to buy more military hardware.

In any case, it is not the existing debt that is the problem, nor is servicing the debt (the rates of return on those bonds are significant but not critical). It is the need to make new debt.

This is the area that is probably most critical in the situation. If America were to move to a "command economy" along the lines of Germany prior to WW2, it could do anything it wanted as far as getting people to work and paying them wages and benefits. A Nazi style economic miracle could occur, but the price of that is dictatorship.

We've seen this kind of thing before. How do you get a dictator to step down when his services are no longer required. Once in power it would be in his interests and those of his friends to "keep the people busy".

Do you expect the current creditors to write the current debts off and lend more money?

If the major creditor is, as your link says, the American people, the same people who don't have the sense to pour piss out of a boot, I expect them to go for dictatorship and let the chips fall where they may.

All of the above is just an attempt at common sense. I don't know anything about the technical aspects of economics. My boots squish as much as anybody's.
edit on 22-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
FDR is not President. BHO is President.

FDR was President before the Nazis were imported into the space program. FDR was a plutocrat but not a Nazi.

BHO was handpicked by an international cabal of corporatists. Corporatist=Fascist=Nazi . . . many times.

What has America's trend line been since George W. Bush? Is it an American trendline or a Nazi trendline.

America has started wars before George W. Bush came along, but America did it in a hippocritical way. People always say hippocracy is terrible but at least hippocracy implies shame which implies some understanding of right and wrong. George W. Bush, as President, normalized the idea of pre-emptive war!

Hitler was a cynical gangster, but George W. Bush made gangsterism socially acceptable. And the American people went along with it.

American legislators signed the Patriot Act into law, the majority of them not having even read it!!

Americans are currently undergoing unprecedented levels of surveillance and intrusions into their privacy, and there is promise of more to come. Military drones over the neighborhood. Like over Pakistan.

Americans have opted for dictatorship. They've already made the choice. They . . have . . already . . made . . the . . choice.

Heaven help us all.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

So far, over the course of 30 years, I'm going to estimate that those I have heard predict the imminent collapse of the US Dollar are about 0 for 2,500 in prediction success. I'm guessing this is no different. The USD shows every sign of strengthening vs other currencies at this point.

Bill is probably in league with these people robbing the gullible, getting them to buy into their overpriced gold-buying programs they like to advertise on the radio. The ones which claim its so hard to find, or that vintage US gold coins are incredibly rare and the world is almost out of them, $5000/oz gold is right around the corner! Usually, when you start hearing all this nonsense, it means gold prices are set to take a dive.

Predicting the demise of the dollar has been so incredibly wrong every single time it is predicted, and always by people with absolutely no understanding of how economics work, that I believe anyone who predicts such a thing in media should be made to issue an apology and a retraction, while wearing a pink tutu, live on television, followed by punching themself in the face for attacking thr US economy by attempting to undermind confidence among the foolish/gullible.

If Bill is right, after the many legions who have been wrong over the past few decades, I will issue an apology to him, and will donate my entire collection of gold coins (its not a lot, but to me it is) to a charity of his choice. We'll call it a 75+% decline in the value of the USD in the next 12 months is the over/under.

I'm honestly way less irritated with Nibiru predictions than I am with these dollar-collapse predictions. I have even heard some of these people claim it is because "the debt is so high" - these are people spouting off in the media who don't even understand that the Debt to GDP ratio is what matters, not the actual dollar number (which is relative to the times.) i've heard others claim that it's because "He" (I guess they mean the president somehow overriding the Republican House of Representatives) has spent so much and grown the debt so much that the dollar is doomed to collapse. If that is correct, why didn't it collapse when Reagan tripled the debt, if Obama's 50% debt increase is enough to collapse the dollar?

I've rambled on and on, sorry about that. I'm just so fed up with these dollar collapse predictions which have no logic or basis in reality, and always, ALWAYS fail. All they do is lead the gullible and the stupid to make decisions which ultimately hurt the economy and themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

No, no, no. The disclaimer doesn't work. How could you hate the ATS community so much that you would post Bill O' Reilly's opinion on anything?

Yes, the dollar is going to collapse. I've heard it since 2008, yet the dollar is not backed by gold, it's backed by the U.S. military. If the military collapses then the dollar will collapse, unless the U.S. starts producing something besides weapons. Of course, this is only my view of it

this is the most insane comment I think I've read. The military has absolutely NOTHING to do with the dollar. The value of the dollar is solely dependent on the amount of dollars in circulation. The more countries pull from trading in Dollars, the more dollars that reside in the market. And the more dollars we attempt to print, it even saturates the markets even further. The only way to save the dollar is to monetize the dollar and bring it back into the central bank. They only way to do this is through inflation. The more dollars hanging out the the higher the inflation. Reference the Weimar Republic for how hyper inflation can destroy the value of a countries currency.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

So far, over the course of 30 years, I'm going to estimate that those I have heard predict the imminent collapse of the US Dollar are about 0 for 2,500 in prediction success. I'm guessing this is no different. The USD shows every sign of strengthening vs other currencies at this point.

With QE3 saturating the market with 40+ billion dollars a month of UNFUNDED liability, the destabilizing of the dollar is inevitable. Any economist will validate this as NOT fiction, but a reality.

Example of this. If the government felt generous and decided to give every citizen 1 million dollars. Does that make everyone rich?? Of course not. What it does is drive EVERYTHING up. Instead of paying $2.99 for a gallon of milk, you are now paying $10,000 per gallon. It's the law of economics!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Bill 'O is 100% right. The only thing that surprises me is that HE actually said it. He's become a caricature of what he used to be for sucking up and never saying too much to really rock the boat. He abuses guests, talks over anyone he disagrees with and general puts the truth to the term Newstainment, but on this? Well.. I guess he really didn't like eating crow like an all you can eat buffet after so badly missing the first mini-crash under Bush. He did look like quite a fool as he freely admitted at the time.

This is what it'll look like though and it's no theory. It's no guess work. The fundamentals are are pure math and math isn't political. You can't negotiate with numbers to make deals or compromise. They are as cold as they are pure in truth. This truth speaks very badly to our mid term future.

The Worst Hyperinflation Examples of All-Time - w/ explanations and outcome

The big ones are there. The Wiemar Republic, Zimbabwe, Yugoslavia and more. Really...despite the talking fools in Washington, this isn't magic. It's pure, simply cause and effect. Printing too much debases the currency leading to hyperinflation and a general economic collapse. It ought to be high school level economic theory here but these national leaders seem clueless.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

This is why Bill O'Reilly has over 3 million viewers.
He reports the truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

He reports the truth.

Shameful that anyone on ATS would say such a thing.

This is why Bill O'Reilly has over 3 million viewers.

Racheal Maddows show has more viewers than the O'reilly factor..., going to use the same logic for her show too? Or American Idol?

edit on 22-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 22-1-2013 by dragnik because: change

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Now is not the time for denial.
This out of control spending must come to an end.
Bill O'Reilly has over 3 million viewers every night.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I have read somewhere that all countries af The World owe money to PRIVATE funds, corporations, and similar.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

Perhaps you should listen to the Bill O'Reilly clip one more time on Page 1 of this post.
Our current spending is " unsustainable ".
The economic tsunami is on the way. The not so bright liberals have an attitude " so what?"
We want free stuff anyway!
Let the good times roll.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The Racheal Maddow show has over 3 million views every night.
American Idol has 17 Million

What is your point?

You're the one in denial. You are calling the MSM corporate media the truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This collapse of the dollar is a deliberate move. Nothing they do in DC is by accident. So you have to ask yourself, why do they want this?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
The USD shows every sign of strengthening vs other currencies at this point.

You are right. While all common sense economic predictions point towards a collapse of the US$, US$ doesn't seem to be even on a downward trend against most currencies.

The reason being that the economies of currency zones of most accepted in currencies in international trade, US$, the Euro and the Japanese Yen are all extremely weak and international currency traders seem to be betting more on US$ than the other two.

However, should the US economy enter a phase of hyperinflation through monetary inflation to finance government debt (which is almost inevitable) the scenario will change very quickly and which is what I believe is being predicted.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Once $$$$ took over our elections such as corporations are people and superpacs, I dropped out. I cannot comptete with those that have billions of dollars over me and no rich politician is going to listen to anything anyone has to say unless there is something in it for him and his banking and corporate cronies.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

I don't like O'Reilly ... he talks too much on his show. But .. He's right. The writing is on the wall. And it looks like that is the intent of TPTB. (Obama included). Those in charge can't really be stupid enough to think that they can continue to spend like they are and not have everything collapse. It has to be on purpose ...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's scary but most people shrug and say there is nothing I can do about it.

USA Debt Clock

Ron Paul been saying it for decades.
And it's not even a "IF" it happens, it is more of a "WHEN".
How far can they kick this can down the road, before it hits a big cement wall and can't go anywhere.
It's an economic house of cards, that continues to be delayed from falling, as it eventually must.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

The Racheal Maddow show has over 3 million views every night.
American Idol has 17 Million

What is your point?

You're the one in denial. You are calling the MSM corporate media the truth.

I think you have been drinking the Maddow Kool-Aid.

She only has 1 million viewers.
The truth can be bitter sweet.

Maddow is in the toilet: O'Reilly is #1

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum