It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly: The Dollar Will Collapse

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
The fed is not all powerful, it will not be able to keep all the plates spinning, it's just a question of when the first one falls, not if.

Of course the Fed is not all powerful. But given the circumstances they have done an amazing job holding off the collapse so far. But the problem with that is, the longer it is held off, the harder will be the fall.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Oh oh oh...but did you guys also read that they could not even AUDIT the defense budget because the internAL controls-among other things were too messed up?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The real budget doesnt mean a thing, I am sure the real budget is the key. Military and Corporate since there merged in so many ways.

The fight in the next 4 years will be along these lines. The reason the push from the Repubs is that is hinders there profit and push from the so called Wars is it hinders there budget in the same way.

The Pinch that Obama has gotten himself into is that he spent soooo much money that he cant piss these two off in a way that they make moves. If they make moves than its all over for him.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
you don't say ... O'reilly is talking about it ??

makes me think there is more to this NESARA business after all ... could actually be a good thing folks ... peer behind the curtain and you may see light in this dark tunnel.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Given that the US prevented China from buying assets in the US
i believe you'd be mistaken.
besides, why would China need to buy assets when Obama is handing them over via eminent domain ??

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

besides, why would China need to buy assets when Obama is handing them over via eminent domain ??

WHOA boy.. I was reading about that and researched a little today. Even a chinese city for chinese nationals near Detroit. WHere is the MSM on this.... silent. Sino-Michigan Properties LLC.. 200 acres bought in Michigan. I went from there to researching just how much is being bought.. and GIVEN away.. whew.

Erm.. did someone actually say China was being prevented from buynig assets??

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I was referring to the attempt by CNOOC to buy Unocal.

No, China didn't receive eminent domain over US territories, which is meaningless even if granted, since under that they can acquire possession only after proving a public use and paying the owners again.

China did ask for collaterals for the US treasuries. But don't know if they received any.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

uhh, if this is news for you, please, exercise the ATS search function.
here's a few to get you going.

eminent domain
link from 2009
oil & gas deposits
Idaho
FTZ regions

there is much, much more so please, explore.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Honor93 because: fix links

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You mean this Sino Michigan Properties LLC?

That was Chinese attempting to buy green cards, not China buying US assets.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

oh, so one business deal is the foundation of your statement ?
ok, just checking.

i've provided several links inferring the opposite, where are yours?
what exactly do you think the 'collateral' of USA Inc is ??

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

No, no, no. The disclaimer doesn't work. How could you hate the ATS community so much that you would post Bill O' Reilly's opinion on anything?

Yes, the dollar is going to collapse. I've heard it since 2008, yet the dollar is not backed by gold, it's backed by the U.S. military. If the military collapses then the dollar will collapse, unless the U.S. starts producing something besides weapons. Of course, this is only my view of it

Your view is correct.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

uhh, if this is news for you, please, exercise the ATS search function.
here's a few to get you going.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is much, much more so please, explore.

No, its not news to me.. the 200 acres in Michigan I specifically mentioned was.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

You mean this Sino Michigan Properties LLC?

That was Chinese attempting to buy green cards, not China buying US assets.

and 200 acres of land in Michigan to build upon. If you read, its marketed to Chinese business people ( nationals) that want to start businesses in the United States.

This is what the citizens of Milan were pissed off about and trying to get someoen in the media to listen and report on it

A group of mainland Chinese known as Sino-Michigan Properties LLC paid $1.9 million for 200 acres of farmland on Milan city limits in purchases this year and in 2011, according to local officials and property records.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
How can the u.s. dollar collapse.

Collapse against what. It's other currencies that collapse against the u.s. dollar because it's what they base the value of their currency against.

The only way it can devalue is if other nations stop using the u.s. dollar as the reserve currency and conduct trade in another currency in which the u.s. would have to convert to to buy and pay for goods outside of the u.s.

But it would be a good thing because then it would become cheaper to manufacture at home than import from abroad.

The only downside would be with oil, But with the third largest oil reserve in the world (Iraq) firmly in the control of the us government, that problem is decades away.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

attempting to buy green cards ???
why are you exaggerating the facts of the development ?
their inability to qualify for the green cards is what put a temporary stall in this particular plan.

doesn't change the fact thaf the Chinese are amassing numerous American assets.

this should clarify a few misconceptions.
www.bloomberg.com...

don't take my word for it, read it for yourself ... straight from the CFR
www.cfr.org...

Foreign ownership of U.S. assets has increased significantly since 1945, growing especially quickly over the past two decades.
hmmm, 20 yrs ago was when ?

more from same source

Since 1985, foreigners own more U.S. assets than Americans own foreign assets.

private holdings have not grown as a share of the market over the past ten years.
The much discussed "flight to safety," which is presumed to underpin the dollar, largely reflects the huge policy-driven demand for dollar reserves from emerging-market central banks, rather than the preferences of private sector investors.
and there are sooo many similar, generalized reports, it tends to distract ppl from looking into the what and the where of these assets.

curious ppl should browse the Federal Register, the Government Printing ofc or Congressional records directly.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I like how he says its all our fault like we have any control over anything the GOV does..

I also like how he says we are to lazy and to busy with selfish things,

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A majority re-elected Barack Obama in November. Many of them voted for him because he is the all powerful Meal Ticket and we all know that you never go against your meal ticket. It was a lazy and selfish vote for most of them, serving their desire to continue receiving their redistribution handouts and gifts from those who are working hard and watching more and more of their money stolen from them by this government every pay day. That's what I suspect BillO is getting at.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
bill O is a dumbass paid to say what he is told to say, so if he says economic collapse, its because someone out there has something to pan handle.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

oh, so one business deal is the foundation of your statement ?
ok, just checking.

i've provided several links inferring the opposite, where are yours?
what exactly do you think the 'collateral' of USA Inc is ??

What part of "I don't know if they have been given" do you not understand?
I have followed the Unocal deal, but not these tiny invetsments that you are mentioned on the threads you linked to.

Handing over eminent domain rights is a silly concept. Unless the Chinese are completely retarded, they won't accept as collateral a "right" to purchase for public use within the US properties held by private citizens.

Yes, the collateral would be to allow the Chinese companies, privately owned or state-owned, to acquire interest in US coprorations that interest them. However, the extent of investments allowed from all the links you posted is nowhere near the trillion plus dollars China has invested in US treasury bonds. If anyone is thinking China is going to forgive trillion plus dollars of debt for the privilege of being allowed to invest less than 10 billion in US Coprorations they are daydreaming.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

attempting to buy green cards ???
why are you exaggerating the facts of the development ?
their inability to qualify for the green cards is what put a temporary stall in this particular plan.

The plan was launched with a view to interest wealthy Chinese nationals into buying the properties under the mistaken assumption that the buyers would qualify for US green card. When they realised it won't the development stopped because there would be no takers for those properties.

doesn't change the fact thaf the Chinese are amassing numerous American assets.

Sure. There seem to be a lot of suckers in China too. When the value of the assets falls to nothing in short order, they will rue their decision to invest in them.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
and 200 acres of land in Michigan to build upon. If you read, its marketed to Chinese business people ( nationals) that want to start businesses in the United States.

This is what the citizens of Milan were pissed off about and trying to get someoen in the media to listen and report on it

The citizens of Milan were pissed off about Chinese investing in their economy? Yup, way to go!

It was marketed only to Chinese because without the additional "benefit" of a green card no one would be interested in buying a home priced at $500,000 in those parts. Meaning no US citizens would buy it. Well, guess what? Since buying a home wouldn't get them a green card anyway, the Chinese are not buying them either. The citizens of Milan get to keep their wasteland. Excellent!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join