It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacecraft caused car crash, say pair (QLD Australia)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just saw this article on the local news and found it interesting.

I did a search on ATS and didn't find anything, hope it hasn't been posted already.

Spacecraft caused car crash, say pair

Normally i wouldn't consider this to be believable as it does state that one of the people were said to be under the influence of alcohol, but i found it interesting how "freaked out" they supposedly became.

They even took it as far as arming themselves.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to suggest these two fine, upstanding citizens were less than stone cold sober or anything.....but....could the UFO have been beer cans or bottles 'flying around' as they dusted off one after another? Just sayin'.. The truth is out there, but rarely found by driving right off an embankment.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Man, Iv'e heard a lot of excuses for having an accident. I would love to be in court when they try to tell their story. I can just hear the laughter.

It could be possibly true, but I dought if any one will believe them

"Officer, I had just finished my 6th beer, and I saw a bright light in the distance, so I took out after it. The next thing I remember, I was teleported through the Bermuda Triangle, and when I got back, my car was destroyed."

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I expected these kinds of responses and to be honest I totally agree lol

I have traveled to Queensland on many occasions and I can vouch for the fact that most Queenslanders drink for Australia!

Still I found it interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As it's "Innocent until proven guilty" and we cant prove the existence of space ships, i believe these two should be........

Sectioned.....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
umm how can it be a spacecraft if they were not in space? UFO maybe but spacecraft would have to be in space to classify it as such

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
oops..Double post...move along...nothing to see here..

edit on 21-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

I'm glad you have good humor on this too, OP.

Would this be our luck though? I mean the average ATS user....THIS would be how we have it happen to us. The best and most solid Close Encounter of the 3rd kind to ever happen to a human in history....that's what one of us would have. Of course, it would ONLY happen while drunk or otherwise 100% beyond credibility of any kind and unable to get someone to believe the sky was blue with pics to prove it.

Yup... I can just hear ET laughing hysterically as he leaves one of our drunk tails in the grass to ponder things while they fly off again, safe in the knowledge they're disclosed themselves to no one who'll make a fuss.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Its actually ironic, funny how the world works sometimes.

Makes me think that if the media didn't report the alcohol consumption would this have been taken with a closer look?

Its obvious that they aren't credible and its likely they were probably chasing a helicopter lol

There should have been pictures/video if the supposed event lasted as long as it did, I mean I know QLD is a little behind but I am sure they have IPhones there.

But it does make ya wonder.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Seriously now.....let's all put on our 'imagine-if-that-were-true' caps.

Say you're driving down the road and encounter a space craft (has happened supposedly to many). So for some reason you're inclined to follow, chase if you will, after it. So far so good?

Okay...now, ask yourself, would one of you first top five people to call, be your insurance company
I mean, really? Police, yes! Insurance company? I hardly think so. Not in America anyway. Maybe they're more informal over there.

Sounds like insurance fraud.....although the 'armed with knives' is an interesting touch. Although could easily be concocted knowing the police were on their way.

Am curious to find out the year and condition of his car (before the embankment crash) I mean.

Unusual story non-the-less.
S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
I just saw this article on the local news and found it interesting.

I did a search on ATS and didn't find anything, hope it hasn't been posted already.

Spacecraft caused car crash, say pair

Normally i wouldn't consider this to be believable as it does state that one of the people were said to be under the influence of alcohol, but i found it interesting how "freaked out" they supposedly became.

They even took it as far as arming themselves.

Any thoughts?

Drunk people do funny things to avoid a DUI and being dropped by their insurance. Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when they were "getting their story straight". :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

In Australia you don't technically loose your insurance per-say, you just loose your drivers licence for a long time and get a significant fine.

I do not believe the only thing that they were doing was drinking, I am leaning towards being under the influence of drugs as well.

Most those guys up north can handle their drink.

I am personally not ruling out the fact that they did in fact see something in the sky, I am just thinking its a case of mistaken identity and maybe mixed with a little excitement turned to fear.

It could have been a light Plane or Helicopter, things can look a little different in the woods.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

In Australia you don't technically loose your insurance per-say, you just loose your drivers licence for a long time and get a significant fine.

I do not believe the only thing that they were doing was drinking, I am leaning towards being under the influence of drugs as well.

I am personally not ruling out the fact that they did in fact see something in the sky, I am just thinking its a case of mistaken identity and maybe mixed with a little excitement turned to fear.

It could have been a light Plane or Helicopter, things can look a little different in the woods.

Okay. Assuming your scenario is correct and especially because you're Australian...do Aussies typically chat with their insurance agents when there's no need to?
This is a serious question. No sarcasm implied.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

So are you from OZ?

We have a show here on "TruTV" called "World's Dumbest...". The subject varies, but it's always actual footage of people doing various dumb things with comedic commentary. Some of the DUI stop footage is absolutely hilarious, so I can totally see a couple of guys cooking up a story like that... or even believing that's what they saw.

Light planes traveling toward the observer and helicopters look positively eerie at night. I drive to and from work in the dark half the year and on more than one occasion have done double and triple takes.
edit on 21-1-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Aussies take their insurance claims very seriously like this one,

"The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
or this,
"I crashed into a lamp post that was obscured by pedestrians"

There always has to be a ring of truth in the story.

More info here,

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-1-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I am from Australia, and yes in the event of an accident we do call our insurance companies but I am unsure as to why they would state that they crashed while observing something unusual in the sky as it would have no real significance.

If they crashed they pay an excess fee and have the car repaired, so it does not make a whole lot of sense as to why they called and said that.

They may have not said it and it was just written up that way in the article to make the story sound a little more quirky, not sure?

The police call I can understand as they would have needed assistance in retrieving the vehicle.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Any thoughts?

Yeah these guys were drunker than a flying kite. Per the article:

The car's driver was breathalysed. He was over the limit and given a notice to appear in court.

I doubt their car insurance will cover this!!

Peace!! ID

edit on 21-1-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence correction

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am from Australia, and yes in the event of an accident we do call our insurance companies but I am unsure as to why they would state that they crashed while observing something unusual in the sky as it would have no real significance.

If they crashed they pay an excess fee and have the car repaired, so it does not make a whole lot of sense as to why they called and said that.

They may have not said it and it was just written up that way in the article to make the story sound a little more quirky, not sure?

The police call I can understand as they would have needed assistance in retrieving the vehicle.

Now see?.....I read it differently.

Of course calling your insurance agent AFTER a crash is.....usual. I got the impression they called while on pursuit!

The men began to ''freak out'', telling the insurance company they were about to disappear and referred to the area as the Bermuda Triangle, police said.

I guess it's all a matter of prospective. Thanks for sharing this most bizarre tale!

Oh by the way, were there any sightings reported that night in that area that you know of? What UFO organization is used most over there?

Off topic: Hope those wildfires are under control by now

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I have been looking at other news outlets to see if anything else was seen, so far nothing.

I actually live in Victoria which is on the bottom of Australia so I don't have access to local information besides the net.

Its unfortunate that no names where given in the article or any further information.

The bush fires are in my region of Victoria, a friend nearly lost his house last night.

Hoping that it gets under control.

Thanks for the concern!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You wouldn't need to either as you can't know if its a cover story, or a geniune encounter, sighting, as they're quite common too. And I can testify to that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join