"Russia moves to enact anti-gay law nationwide"

page: 1
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a real head scratcher...as posted on Yahoo news Russia is making it more difficult for gay individuals to either come out or show their affection in public...

‌Link




MOSCOW - Kissing his boyfriend during a protest in front of Russia's parliament earned Pavel Samburov 30 hours of detention and the equivalent of a $16 fine on a charge of "hooliganism." But if a bill that comes up for a first vote later this month becomes law, such a public kiss could be defined as illegal "homosexual propaganda" and bring a fine of up to $16,000.





Levada polls conducted last year show that almost two thirds of Russians find homosexuality "morally unacceptable and worth condemning." About half are against gay rallies and same-sex marriage; almost a third think homosexuality is the result of "a sickness or a psychological trauma," the Levada surveys show.


In the grand scheme of things we are not that advanced as a country when you look at when we started to accept homosexuality into the mainstream..I'm thinking maybe ten years ago that it really started to be accepted in the workplace and as far as the treatment of blacks in America that has picked up over the last thirty years..that's not including the start of the black movment but what I percieve to be when black americans started to get some movment around earning decent wages in this country...that is not fact but my opinion being 40 someting...but back to the main topic at hand...can't imagine getting fined for kissing someone I love or otherwise...




posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco
 


It's sad that parts of the world are still so behind with the times... Whatever happened to to each his own? If a couple men or women want to share a relationship with one another they should be allowed to. They're not hurting anyone... Bad show Russia...

As a society, who are we to tell someone who they can or can't love... I hate seeing elected officials acting like this.. Granted, I don't live, nor ever been to, Russia, but I expect more from them, like any other developed country...
edit on 21-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why is it a head scratcher?? It's only surprising to people who believed the propaganda that the Russian Federation still saw personal liberty and freedom as a core value. I think they tried that for a brief time under Gorby and then under that drunkard, Yeltsin but that sure didn't do a thing for them, did it? Bread lines and hungry homeless for awhile there.


Putin's been enacting very harsh and restrctive new laws for awhile now though. This comes from last March, for all the care or concern Western media has bothered to give it for attention:


After military cops turned batons and a Taser gun on him at a Moscow gay pride rally, Alexander Kargaltsev decided to get out of Russia.

“They left us lying in blood in the street,” he said



The U.S. granted 21,113 immigrants asylum in 2010; 548 were from Russia.

While the feds don’t reveal the reason for asylum, advocacy group Immigration Equality said that in the last two years, it won more gay and lesbian asylum cases for Russians — 18, including Kargaltsev — than from any other country besides Jamaica.
Source

If actions speak louder than words? Actually having formal asylum granted when that is the basis for asking SCREAMS to how serious the attack on freedom has become in the old Soviet Union. There is a bitter cold wind blowing back out from the East and Far East. It seems a long winter may lay ahead.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As awful and as much I disagree with Putin's policies, this reflects what I was just thinking about yesterday concerning movies.

Life was just simpler and better when the Cold War was on and movies had an ever present antagonist in Commie Soviets. The Soviet bad guys in movies are almost always hilarious. From their accents to their dress and their mannerisms. They fit the perfect mold of a new post WW2 bad guy.

The new enemy we are all taught to hate in Muslim extremists are not nearly as entertaining.

In short, just saying that a stronger communist presence in the East will no doubt bring in some really entertaining movies. From Drago to Lt Colonel Potovsky to the guys in Red Dawn. They make for super television.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 


+20 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why do gay people need rights? Keep your sexual affairs where they belong: in the bedroom. Who cares that you're "gay". It HARDLY makes you "special". Gay people want to be treated differently, and given special rights. I've TRIED to "accept" it....but HONESTLY, it looks sooooooo UN-NATURAL; against nature. Men and women were designed to reproduce, and sorry to say, but men and men can't reproduce; neither can women with women. So, how "natural" can it be?


+29 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 



Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
Why do gay people need rights?


Um... because they're PEOPLE, maybe?




Keep your sexual affairs where they belong: in the bedroom.


When straight people are prohibited from showing affection in public, then I will support gay people being prohibited, as well.




Gay people want to be treated differently, and given special rights.


Let's see... they want to get legally married - just like straight people.
They want to have families - just like straight people.
They want to serve their country - just like straight people.
They want to show affection - just like straight people.

How is it they want to be treated differently?



I've TRIED to "accept" it....but HONESTLY, it looks sooooooo UN-NATURAL; against nature.


Good news!
You don't have to accept it.
Keep judging, looking down on and criticizing gay people. It's your freedom and your right!



Men and women were designed to reproduce, and sorry to say, but men and men can't reproduce; neither can women with women. So, how "natural" can it be?


I can't reproduce with the person I'm with (opposite sex)... Are you saying I'm "unnatural"?


+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
Why do gay people need rights? Keep your sexual affairs where they belong: in the bedroom. Who cares that you're "gay". It HARDLY makes you "special". Gay people want to be treated differently, and given special rights. I've TRIED to "accept" it....but HONESTLY, it looks sooooooo UN-NATURAL; against nature. Men and women were designed to reproduce, and sorry to say, but men and men can't reproduce; neither can women with women. So, how "natural" can it be?


What a sad response........ Gay people aren't looking for special treatment, they're looking for EQUAL treatment... It's not like they're asking to not pay taxes or something ridiculous like that... They want to be able to get married, so they can share benefits with their partner (just one example and not extreme)... And you don't need to accept it, I'm sure gay people aren't looking for YOUR approval, if they're happy then let them be happy, they're not hurting you, so why care? And the reproduce talk is a thing of the distant past, gay couples today can get donors or carriers and they can still have happy/healthy families... Get with the times man and stop hating...


+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 



Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
Why do gay people need rights?


Um... because they're PEOPLE, maybe?




Keep your sexual affairs where they belong: in the bedroom.


When straight people are prohibited from showing affection in public, then I will support gay people being prohibited, as well.




Gay people want to be treated differently, and given special rights.


Let's see... they want to get legally married - just like straight people.
They want to have families - just like straight people.
They want to serve their country - just like straight people.
They want to show affection - just like straight people.

How is it they want to be treated differently?



I've TRIED to "accept" it....but HONESTLY, it looks sooooooo UN-NATURAL; against nature.


Good news!
You don't have to accept it.
Keep judging, looking down on and criticizing gay people. It's your freedom and your right!



Men and women were designed to reproduce, and sorry to say, but men and men can't reproduce; neither can women with women. So, how "natural" can it be?


I can't reproduce with the person I'm with (opposite sex)... Are you saying I'm "unnatural"?


So.....if they need these rights because they're "people"...why do they need to push their GAY crap in our faces and MAKE US accept their sexual lifestyles. They already have those "rights" just like the rest of us...so...why do they need GAY rights???

And you're right....i DON'T have to accept it! So then, STOP ASKING FOR SPECIAL PRIVILEGES! There is NOTHING "special" about being gay. [snip]

And to think, people actually starred your GARBAGE!

Edit to add: I missed the whole "they want to have families". hahahahahah We are one TWISTED society. Who's gonna fertilize the egg? Who's gonna have the child??? What gay people want, is to have their cake and eat it too.

They want to have families.....hahahahahahahah That is just sooooooo funny. If they want to have a family...they might want to try: THE OPPOSITE SEX.


edit on 21-1-2013 by BlowinSmoke because: (no reason given)
edit on 21/1/13 by JAK because: T&C edit. Hateful comment removed. Please see 15a) Offensive Content


+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 


Unbelievable! Sounds like you need to be in Russia and have NO rights!

Every living thing has rights, and rather you accept it or not its how the world is.

P.S. in case you didn't realize it "your ignorance is showing"




“A man is responsible for his ignorance.” ― Milan Kundera, Laughable Loves


+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good for them.. At least theres one civilized country left with a sense of morals and decency.


+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Good for them.. At least theres one civilized country left with a sense of morals and decency.


Good for them??? So its a good thing for Russia to push down gay people? And somehow this makes Russia a civilized country??

edit on 21-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)


+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 



Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
So.....if they need these rights because they're "people"...why do they need to push their GAY crap in our faces and MAKE US accept their sexual lifestyles.


Did you read my post? You don't have to accept it.
No one is making you accept it. How could that even be done?
I'm not sure what you mean by "gay crap". Sorry, you'll have to be more specific.



They already have those "rights" just like the rest of us...so...why do they need GAY rights???


No they don't.
They don't want "gay rights". WTF is a "gay right"? They want the same rights are all other people.



And you're right....i DON'T have to accept it! So then, STOP ASKING FOR SPECIAL PRIVILEGES!


Like what? What "special privileges" are they asking for. C'mon - let's have a discussion about it.



You're a waste product!


Thanks for your opinion.
LOL



And to think, people actually starred your GARBAGE!


Isn't freedom wonderful?
edit on 1/21/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.


+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 


Why do they have to be in the confines of their own house, why not out in the public? Why are you allowed to and they're not? How is that SPECIAL TREATMENT??? Jesus Christ man, do you even read the hate you're writing...

PS- I didn't know KKK meetings now allowed you to play on ATS at the same time...
edit on 21-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 



Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
So.....if they need these rights because they're "people"...why do they need to push their GAY crap in our faces and MAKE US accept their sexual lifestyles.


Did you read my post? You don't have to accept it.
No one is making you accept it. How could that even be done?
I'm not sure what you mean by "gay crap". Sorry, you'll have to be more specific.



They already have those "rights" just like the rest of us...so...why do they need GAY rights???


No they don't.
They don't want "gay rights". WTF is a "gay right"? They want the same rights are all other people.



And you're right....i DON'T have to accept it! So then, STOP ASKING FOR SPECIAL PRIVILEGES!


Like what? What "special privileges are they asking for. C'mon - let's have a discussion about it.



You're a waste product!


Thanks for your opinion.
LOL



And to think, people actually starred your GARBAGE!


Isn't freedom wonderful?

Uh, excuse me...you're saying i have to accept it...because gays want "rights"....what friggin' rights...and for what reason???

If a black person is walking down the street, you know they're "black". If a gay person is walking down the street, could you tell??? Gays HARDLY faced what blacks faced; nor will they ever. I bet you if the KKK started lynching gay people; gays would go back to being straight. Can a black person become white???



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 


You see, these hypocrites talk about rights but as soon as you excercise your right to an opinion that disagrees with theirs, they resort to name calling




posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 


You see, these hypocrites talk about rights but as soon as you excercise your right to an opinion that disagrees with theirs, they resort to name calling



He stated that gays should keep it to their homes in private... Did you miss that part? If they can't show affection out in the open they (gay people) obviously don't have EQUAL rights.... But keep hating, its cute...



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The LGBT-Movement was originally created as a "weapon" by the Soviet KGB against America (no I dont agree that homosexuality is "harmful" and "destroys" countries, but the KGB did. Its their distorted idea of cold war). The KGB set up numerous press and propaganda stations for that purpose in the US, especially on Campus. Now they think its backfiring on them.

Reality is stranger than fiction.

See Also: Soviet Psy-Operations

edit on 21-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)


+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 



Originally posted by BlowinSmoke
Therefore, "gay rights" are not needed.


I believe you have a basic misunderstanding of the phrase "gay rights". It means rights for gays. Not some special set of rights that straight people don't have. Read up on it.




Stop forcing your beliefs on people.


But... isn't that what YOU'RE doing?



PLAIN AND SIMPLE! You want to be gay....be gay in the confines of your own home. And, do me a favor, stop thinking EVERYONE should be gay...and if they're not...something is wrong with them. No....something is wrong with you. MENTALLY!


Interesting how you assume that everyone who supports equal rights for all people must be gay.
Even though I told you the exact opposite in my first post.
READ.

And where did ANYONE say or suggest that everyone should be gay? I missed that.



In the beginning God created them MALE AND FEMALE; so they could RE-PRO-DUCE. Now, if man and man could do that.....i'd be all for it.


Somehow I doubt that.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by BlowinSmoke
 


Why do they have to it in the confines of their own house, why not out in the public? Why are you allowed to and they're not? How is that SPECIAL TREATMENT??? Jesus Christ man, do you even read the hate you're writing...

PS- I didn't know KKK meetings now allowed you to play on ATS at the same time...

What hate am i writing? I'm just personally tired of hearing the cries from the gay community; as if they deserve to be treated differently.

PS.....using the KKK as your example is POOR TASTE, my friend! I hope you're not trying to compare blacks to gays. Blacks were lynched for the color of their skin; not for who they slept with, unless it was a white woman. Where are they being discriminated? Please do explain.





new topics

top topics



 
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join