It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has private swearing in..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
just heard on the news that obama had his swearing in in private yesterday. as it must be done by the 20th of january.. and that today's public swearing in will all be for show. it will have no meaning. and any oaths made in public will have no consistency.

makes u wonder how many times theyve done this. did he even swear on the constitution in private? was it filmed? will the public get to see it? we may never know.

America seems more and more every day to be up sh!t creek without a paddle.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
yes it was filmed and sky news had it live in the uk so im guessing there will be a vid around,it would make more economical sense not to have this public one what with the US being broke

edit on 21-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

How many times? Umm... EVERY time that I'm aware of. The President is sworn in officially and in a quiet ceremony of REAL power changing hands before the public one for flash and show to the nation and world.

Obama is nothing unique by any means there. He'd have been odd not to have done it this way, actually.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
just heard on the news that obama had his swearing in in private yesterday. as it must be done by the 20th of january.. and that today's public swearing in will all be for show. it will have no meaning. and any oaths made in public will have no consistency.

makes u wonder how many times theyve done this. did he even swear on the constitution in private? was it filmed? will the public get to see it? we may never know.

America seems more and more every day to be up sh!t creek without a paddle.

NO, NO .... you see (sussshhh, be quiet)...it's all a plot, a private swearing in...boolah, boolah (finger waves)...it's a KENYAN TRIBAL, DEVIL, COMMUNIST, BLOOD OATH!!!!!!

edit on 21-1-2013 by jimmyx because: SPELL

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
well dont hit me too hard. i just heard it and got to thinking. i know it"s been done this way before but i didnt know it has always been done this way.

thanks for clearing that up i guess. i must admit im on lunch and felt too lazy to google first lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Hey, no problem. The only ignorance comes by not asking. Then it becomes stupidity and no one wants to be stupid, eh?

Realistically, I have to admit when I first heard they were sworn in by a schedule and quietly, it threw me for a loop too. I mean, why HAVE this huge and very flashy ceremony for the world? I get that it's a celebration of peaceful transition of power (which is by no means taken for granted in most of the world) but I'll tell ya, there is something WRONG about this high dollar show for a re-elected President simply changing the day on his date planner and not "taking office" as it were.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

OH look more slamming of the OP, as expected in the 2013 ATS environment. Sort it out.

Now for respect to the OP,

Yes this happens everytime, nothing really unique about it im afraid.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

maybe he handed over the power from his right hand to his left. a third term would probably mean he"ll pass it to his feet next lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Obama is the only 2 term president that will have been sworn in 4 times. (google it)

Maybe just some added redundancy?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
he put his hand on a quran, and it was administered by karl marx' zombie corpse

wait, who appointed roberts ?

oh yeah

ATS gets worse everyday

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is part of the right's lunacy problem.

The constant, never ending quest to declare that Obama is somehow doing everything differently and setting new presendents for his job. That he does not fall in line and that he wants to change the game to fit his secret America killing agenda.

From the amount of time off he takes, to the use or lack thereof of the word 'God' in his speeches, to foreign policy to the swearing in ceremony. To believe that our president does everything differently and in a renegade fashion is completely ignorant and it is what fuels all the hatred for the guy.

Sadly, it is what happens when you get all your information from Rush Limbaugh and WND.

I only ask that all members here take 5 minutes to sructinize some of the daily absurdities that pop up and that are redefining ATS.

ATS should be above these ludicrous things. These flat out false and silly comments. To live in ignorance might feel good for some, but it does nothing to make our country a better place. We cannot even begin to address actual problems as a people if we are continually repeating, and being negatively affected by partisan lies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

well to be fair. im not american.. so he isnt my president.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No conspiracy. By law the President and Vice President must be sworn in to office by Noon on the 20th day of January. The ceremony was filmed for all to see.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by 0mage

Hey, no problem. The only ignorance comes by not asking. Then it becomes stupidity and no one wants to be stupid, eh?

Realistically, I have to admit when I first heard they were sworn in by a schedule and quietly, it threw me for a loop too. I mean, why HAVE this huge and very flashy ceremony for the world? I get that it's a celebration of peaceful transition of power (which is by no means taken for granted in most of the world) but I'll tell ya, there is something WRONG about this high dollar show for a re-elected President simply changing the day on his date planner and not "taking office" as it were.

My guess is that he wanted to have his parade on MLK day which, understandably, is a significant day but he legally had to be sworn in yesterday. I don't find anythinge nefarious about it, but I agree that in an economy like this it is a bit of an unjustifiable expense, especially since it is the same person being re-elected. IMHO, the big inauguration ceremony should be for the first time presidents so we can, as you said, show the world we have a peaceful transition of power, but should be just another day in office for re--election.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Obama is the only 2 term president that will have been sworn in 4 times. (google it)

Obama first two-term president to take oath of office four times

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Obama first two-term president to take oath of office four times

Pretty sad he has taken an oath to office 4 times, and has been trying to undermine the constitution this whole time.

Why even swear the guy in anyway?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I saw it live too on MSNBC - saw Joe Biden sworn in too. They were just following the requirements of the constitution. Of course I have the supper elite top secret feed of MSNBC from the super top secret channel on Direct TV (I think it costs ten dollars a month extra)

So perhaps you are right there is a vast constitution shredding communist facist marxist jewish muslim conspiracy going on - or perhaps not.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

So perhaps you are right there is a vast constitution shredding communist facist marxist jewish muslim conspiracy going on - or perhaps not.

Or a more reasonable facsimile there of.

top topics

join