It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we all have skin in the gullibility game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
For instance, we were told a tale about a person named Osama bin Laden...that he was recently captured and killed and then like a fish thrown back in the water. Now it is common to throw back into the pond the little fish, the ones not worth keeping or showing off to fishing buddies. But who in their right mind throws back a trophy fish? A large and daring fish that has mocked and supposedly outsmarted the best fishermen on the pond? Some people will believe the most outrageous fish stories out there when the person telling the story is someone in a position of power.

The wool that is pulled over people's eyes is a never ending game. The recently discovered god particle, Higgs bosom, is just another fishy story in sheep clothing. Since most of us don't know diddly about subatomic particles lurking like fishes in the highly mysterious quantum world...invisible to most of us mere-mortals, especially since we don't have our own multi-billion dollar atom smasher to play with, are forced to believe whatever we are told (by the experts). Well those prestigious lucky souls that do have fancy taxpayer-provided toys do have to show or at the very least come up with earth shattering theories...if not discoveries every now and then, to justify having access to un-godly expensive and really cool toys.

My amateurish opinion is that no such particle was found, and never will be. If it were found it would significantly prove and justify all of the illustrious illusions and delusions humans have been force-fed about this world the last few decades in particular, and down through the centuries...

Ironically, a discovery of a "god particle" would invalidate the existence of an eternal soul and any reason for existence other than chance. Those in denial of a KARMIC universe would love that.
In my humble opinion neither a god nor a god particle exists.

Which brings me to the ape family, our once or twice removed not so human cousins.
By some estimates and by our smartest minds on the planet who have earned PhDs, humans are not much more than educated apes...apes being our nearest link to the slime that emerged and evolved into the cognizant human beings that we are today, which would explain the inherent human propensity for gullibility, hence every school in the world teaches Darwinism.

Religion is no saint in this mixed up world. It would be great if religion was the great big fat pacifier as claimed by some people but it is everything but a pacifier of the masses. Only recently in human years, the most powerful religion in the world, at that time, burnt people at the stake, killed them off, if they dared question the order of the universe...that the world was flat, unmovable and circled by the sun. Indisputably, the earth and the church was the center of the universe. It took a scientific genius as Galileo to prove them wrong...unfortunately not during his life but posthumously.

Other prominent scientists' survived Galileo's fate (demoted and stripped of his freedoms) by keeping quiet about their own religious-dogma shattering discoveries concerning the secrets of the cosmos until a more enlightened and less hostile era towards secularist science. After a few centuries the tables turned and the church was demoted and science won the day.

But as is true in most human affairs, those that take down the tyrants become the tyrants. Science is now the keeper of the cosmic secrets and dishes out only the ones they deem fit for mass human consumption. Boat rockers are quickly dispatched to the loony bin where they are scorned by the "intellectual" masses.

The message/mantra now is conformity, the word "gullibility" is not politically correct or acceptable... conformity is the rule of the day.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good to see you Sleeper.
Quite sadly, what you state is true.
They tell us just enough to manipulate our thoughts into believing what we hear is true.
I have come to disbelieve in most things, even with my own eyes, as things are so easily faked nowadays.
Tis also a side effect I suppose of having little faith in the world and those that run it.
If it serves no purpose other to profit them, or further their agenda to profit...you won't hear about it.
Any truth in this world, if such a thing exists that is immune to subjectivity,will no doubt be forever hidden.
Whatever they can think of...is made our reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

here's a wild conspiracy that is along the lines of this thread ...
Do Nuclear Weapons Exist? Are they also a Hoax?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
The recently discovered god particle, Higgs boson...

Ironically, a discovery of a "god particle" would invalidate the existence of an eternal soul ...

You're reading too much into it.
The "god particle" phrase was just stupidly invented to be an interesting title for a book.
It doesnt mean what you think it does.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Good to see you Sleeper.
Quite sadly, what you state is true.
They tell us just enough to manipulate our thoughts into believing what we hear is true.
I have come to disbelieve in most things, even with my own eyes, as things are so easily faked nowadays.
Tis also a side effect I suppose of having little faith in the world and those that run it.
If it serves no purpose other to profit them, or further their agenda to profit...you won't hear about it.
Any truth in this world, if such a thing exists that is immune to subjectivity,will no doubt be forever hidden.
Whatever they can think of...is made our reality.

Hi and thanks Ac,

Fortunately we are still free to believe whatever we want, even the most outrageous of things, the things most people live out their whole existence believing in...the mainstream stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The recently discovered god particle, Higgs boson...

Ironically, a discovery of a "god particle" would invalidate the existence of an eternal soul ...

You're reading too much into it.
The "god particle" phrase was just stupidly invented to be an interesting title for a book.
It doesnt mean what you think it does.

The way I took the "god particle" to mean is that it unifies and brings to order quantum and relativity. Not that God had any relationship to the Higgs bosom particle. God and secular unification theories are incompatible bedfellows. Theoretically only one or the other can exist but not both. My hypothesis is that neither exists, which is a conundrum in a universe where everything can theoretically exist...at least on some level.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

You know the word gullible isn't even in the dictionary ? Look it up ?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

For instance, we were told a tale about a person named Osama bin Laden...that he was recently captured and killed and then like a fish thrown back in the water. Now it is common to throw back into the pond the little fish, the ones not worth keeping or showing off to fishing buddies. But who in their right mind throws back a trophy fish? A large and daring fish that has mocked and supposedly outsmarted the best fishermen on the pond? Some people will believe the most outrageous fish stories out there when the person telling the story is someone in a position of power.

The wool that is pulled over people's eyes is a never ending game. The recently discovered god particle, Higgs bosom, is just another fishy story in sheep clothing. Since most of us don't know diddly about subatomic particles lurking like fishes in the highly mysterious quantum world...invisible to most of us mere-mortals, especially since we don't have our own multi-billion dollar atom smasher to play with, are forced to believe whatever we are told (by the experts). Well those prestigious lucky souls that do have fancy taxpayer-provided toys do have to show or at the very least come up with earth shattering theories...if not discoveries every now and then, to justify having access to un-godly expensive and really cool toys.

My amateurish opinion is that no such particle was found, and never will be. If it were found it would significantly prove and justify all of the illustrious illusions and delusions humans have been force-fed about this world the last few decades in particular, and down through the centuries...

Ironically, a discovery of a "god particle" would invalidate the existence of an eternal soul and any reason for existence other than chance. Those in denial of a KARMIC universe would love that.
In my humble opinion neither a god nor a god particle exists.

Which brings me to the ape family, our once or twice removed not so human cousins.
By some estimates and by our smartest minds on the planet who have earned PhDs, humans are not much more than educated apes...apes being our nearest link to the slime that emerged and evolved into the cognizant human beings that we are today, which would explain the inherent human propensity for gullibility, hence every school in the world teaches Darwinism.

Religion is no saint in this mixed up world. It would be great if religion was the great big fat pacifier as claimed by some people but it is everything but a pacifier of the masses. Only recently in human years, the most powerful religion in the world, at that time, burnt people at the stake, killed them off, if they dared question the order of the universe...that the world was flat, unmovable and circled by the sun. Indisputably, the earth and the church was the center of the universe. It took a scientific genius as Galileo to prove them wrong...unfortunately not during his life but posthumously.

Other prominent scientists' survived Galileo's fate (demoted and stripped of his freedoms) by keeping quiet about their own religious-dogma shattering discoveries concerning the secrets of the cosmos until a more enlightened and less hostile era towards secularist science. After a few centuries the tables turned and the church was demoted and science won the day.

But as is true in most human affairs, those that take down the tyrants become the tyrants. Science is now the keeper of the cosmic secrets and dishes out only the ones they deem fit for mass human consumption. Boat rockers are quickly dispatched to the loony bin where they are scorned by the "intellectual" masses.

The message/mantra now is conformity, the word "gullibility" is not politically correct or acceptable... conformity is the rule of the day.

Glad to see such iconoclasts in my company on this forum. It is embarrassing how many people in the "alternative thought" community are simply castaways who jumped off of one boat and right on to another, rather than blazing their own trail.

Religion and contemporary science own equal shares of imaginary stock, used to sustain the illusion of infallibility. Whether one chooses the Jesus or Darwin football team has very little to do with reason, and much more to do with one's emotional temperament.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

Glad to see such iconoclasts in my company on this forum. It is embarrassing how many people in the "alternative thought" community are simply castaways who jumped off of one boat and right on to another, rather than blazing their own trail.

Religion and contemporary science own equal shares of imaginary stock, used to sustain the illusion of infallibility. Whether one chooses the Jesus or Darwin football team has very little to do with reason, and much more to do with one's emotional temperament.

And those two teams didn't even make the playoffs this season either. Well, in someone's book they might have. Conformity is powerful cool aid.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Good discussion. And I never trust anything they say, they have illusions to maintain.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Great post Sleeper, really enjoyed reading that. It all rings true to me.
Its hard to understand why people dont recognise how this civilisation is constantly so gullible and caught up in its own pride. Most of the population seems so stubborn and tied to their beliefs, that it cant see the big picture.

Its hard living with people who are all so short sighted and gullible. I think if i had one wish for my next life, it is that i live in a society where the majority is not gullible and the news makers are not out of the loop (aka the blind leading the blind like earth), but where all people live in some kind of agreement and awareness of their surroundings - basically they are not easily duped and gullible

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hi. I'v always been inclined towards the likelihood that the gullible are led along because they actually want to be. Despite all the problems life in the 21st century is pretty miraculous by past standards and one could argue that its come about largely due to the bulk of humans consenting by going down a path created for them. One might also argue that they are not really gullible at all for it has by no means been an easy path yet they have on the whole stuck with it so why should we hope they will turn off now? Maybe we, who stand on the perimeter, looking on. passing comment, sometimes laughing sometimes scoffing sometimes sneering are simply whiners who aren't prepared to make the sacrifices to see the journey out?

On the other hand maybe we see another way that we would rather be heading but can't understand why everyone else blithely ignores us. Are we afraid to take a path that we must create ourselves? Afraid to step out on our own?
Are we perhaps envious of those who don't have to care about such matters since their path is laid down for them?

edit on 26-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

The higgs field has nothing to do with a soul.

Its about where particles get thier mass.

You should really educate youself so you dont get caught up in a whirlwind of ignorant statments. Sometimes we all get carried away........

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by sleeper

The higgs field has nothing to do with a soul.

Its about where particles get thier mass.

You should really educate youself so you dont get caught up in a whirlwind of ignorant statments. Sometimes we all get carried away........

Oh the irony..
What Sleeper was saying just flew over your head. Of course the higgs boson is not totally to do with a soul. But if scientists actually have discovered it, it would DIRECTLY contradict what we understand a soul to be. Its implications would go against the make up of the eternal soul
edit on 26/1/13 by raul bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by raul bloodworth
Great post Sleeper, really enjoyed reading that. It all rings true to me.
Its hard to understand why people dont recognise how this civilisation is constantly so gullible and caught up in its own pride. Most of the population seems so stubborn and tied to their beliefs, that it cant see the big picture.

Its hard living with people who are all so short sighted and gullible. I think if i had one wish for my next life, it is that i live in a society where the majority is not gullible and the news makers are not out of the loop (aka the blind leading the blind like earth), but where all people live in some kind of agreement and awareness of their surroundings - basically they are not easily duped and gullible

Gullibility is like a commodity, and it is in high demand. The media and Hollywood have learned well their craft to reel in the masses from many giants that came before them, ecclesiastically speaking.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey All,

Full Disclosure: I have been a student of Sleeper for several years and I believe/know that his writings are truth and valid.

My source on Bin Laden is an ex-student Lt. Col. who was part of the Tora Bora raid. At that Time he was told the bombing missions were successful and Bin Laden was irradicated--I believe him.

I live very near to Fermi Lab...What sleeper says is true. This was a blatant press release/campaign to justify continued funding on several failed not successful "Higgs" attempts.

Who you callin' a monkey????

As sleeper points out,,,gazillions of stars and earth is the only one with sentient life.....lot of wasted space there...

Thanks Sleeper for all your help in understanding a small piece of the pie..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Hi. I'v always been inclined towards the likelihood that the gullible are led along because they actually want to be. Despite all the problems life in the 21st century is pretty miraculous by past standards and one could argue that its come about largely due to the bulk of humans consenting by going down a path created for them. One might also argue that they are not really gullible at all for it has by no means been an easy path yet they have on the whole stuck with it so why should we hope they will turn off now? Maybe we, who stand on the perimeter, looking on. passing comment, sometimes laughing sometimes scoffing sometimes sneering are simply whiners who aren't prepared to make the sacrifices to see the journey out?

On the other hand maybe we see another way that we would rather be heading but can't understand why everyone else blithely ignores us. Are we afraid to take a path that we must create ourselves? Afraid to step out on our own?
Are we perhaps envious of those who don't have to care about such matters since their path is laid down for them?

edit on 26-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

I agree, people in general tend to go with the flow, way easier than free thinking, which can give some people a headache. The world is made up of followers looking for an easy ride through life...and many are finding their ride. My mom always warned be about strangers offering me candy to get me into their car...for a ride.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I would rather not put on any blame card on the people, ie. theyre gullible because they're looking for a free ride in life, or the easy road, because that would open up a political discussion whereas the way the systems are run are very corrupt. Things should be a lot easier for most people, and any civilzed caring advanced world would not be like this. No one would be living in these traumatic and negative scarsity conditions, like inner cities, having all their options blocked, oh but just enough money given to get their poisonous gmo foods and be a bird in a cage, but not enough to start an ethical business and get real free enterprise going. Most people are kept on treadmills and the ones that aren't on those treadmills due to health problems or family difficulties, don't have the funds to change things.

Its the way the system is run, by intent, that blocks people from becoming empowered. Programming from cradle to grave.

I actually think people are wonderful. Watch many of them walking their kids to school in the rain, even when their friends are walking in groups, because its safer.

Somehow overcoming all the closed doors and windows, and creating something from nothing to make businesses, and somehow opting out of the monopoly world and generating opportunities and choices, is a task over most people's heads, and its kids that are falling on the wayside.

It could be so different, where everyone counts, their talents promoted, where things flow and opportunities exist and not based on who is the smoothest talker to get the position, where contributing isn't selling out to a criminal company that isn't even ethical to work for.

But if people did start creating out of nothing, with no time left over for many, the governments would thump the nail on the coffins of the last free areas where you can start home businesses and put more healht regulations needed to do things, and more limits on who can visit your property.

Its not the people, that is the problem.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Hello Unity_99,

Talking in topics like these used to make my blood boil. I saw so many wrong things with Government that was so in your face wrong. Until one day I was forced out of necessity to truly enter into free enterprise. And then I understood why it is called free enterprise and it truly takes free thinking to be a part of it.

You see you have your mind and you make it up. If you take a bite out of whats in your face, like all the bad things around you, you chain yourself down and you can get stuck in those chains. But it is your own mind that has enslaved you.

Don't be gullible be a free thinker.

Why do you think all that is wrong with this world is so obvious?

Do you think it's going to change because you are angry with the way this world is?

What does you focusing on the negative affect?

You don't have to like it or see it as a good thing that would be silly, but dwelling on it robs you of trying to find a way around it.

There is much good in this world but for some reason we tend to blind ourselves from it by trying to change the bad by focusing on it instead of dodging it like a curve ball.

To see the good in this world and work to be a part of it you have to let go of the bad. It's not an easy ball game to play, it's much easier to hate the pitcher as gullible as it is to do so.

The Rat.
edit on 31-1-2013 by TucoTheRat because: hobbit feet smell

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Hii Sleeper

I was very intrigued by this sandy hook school shooting, even though I didn't follow it. It's bizarre. Human or something else?
edit on 4-2-2013 by Soulshock because: (no reason given)

top topics

join