It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image of ghost or something in my shed????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ok, this was caught on x-mas of 2012. It is in my shed what ever it is...
Please give me your opinions on what I have captured in this photo..Very creepy!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

It looks like something peeking out of the window at me..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I see a window and wall, what are we looking for?
The glass looks dirty, is that what you are looking at???

edit on 21-1-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure I see what you're talking about. Can you point it out?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

at the top of the window by the blinds, theres an opening

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It looks to me like glare off a dirty window, causing shadows. Which your mind then tries to recognize as something. Just my opinion, I'm not a photography expert.

Have you tried taking pictures of the same place in different light settings? That might give you your answer.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah mate...i think it is your window...

that's what it looks like to me anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
also..it looks likes faces on the bottom too..what i see at the top left is a face of some sort..surely im not the only one who can see this.I showed it too a few other people and they did see this..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Yes, i have taken other pics and didnt get the same thing..different days.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I can see some smudges or reflections on the window which look slightly like the ghost-head of one of those russian dancing bears, wearing a little hat.

But I doubt that is the case.

Our brains and eyes are trained to find patterns in the world around us. Which is usually the case when people see ghosts in their pictures. So unless something, which would indicate a supernatural presence, I doubt that there is anything to it.

Did you notice it and then take the picture, or did you notice it once you got the picture in the computer?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Top left theres a womans face for sure, probably a sister or friend or mother!

Tip your monitor to see it clearer.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I had some strange things happening here for a while and this is a thread I started about it..To much to add in here but I can say there has been a presence that I have heard seen and felt in the house. I did some things to try and get rid of it, but now this picture is is questioning that thought and that maybe it is in the shed now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Took the liberty of drawing in the faces I see.

I honestly don't think there is anything to find here. I have done drawing excercies before, where I took pictures of sand, or small stones, and tried finding pattern in them that looked like faces which I would then draw. This felt a lot like I was doing the same thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Lots of noise in the pic near the window. Most likely its glare, dirt , some combination of the two.

I went outside and looked at the clouds above and I swear I saw Sauron's Eye...Doesn't mean it's so just means our minds will see what we want to.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Funny...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Besides it being dirt or a reflection, it could also be an artifact from the pic being zoomed in.

OP, can you post a link to the full photo?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I guess you could see something if you want to...similiar to looking at a cloud and picking out images..just not seeing anything sorry OP

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I suggest you read up on the "phenomenon" of Pareidolia. I also have a thread looking at it here: Pareidolia, Matrixing, Simulacrum and the Paranormal

A definition:

It's where something insignificant is perceived as significant. It typically is a vague, obscure image or sound that is interpreted as being something more. Examples include seeing images of Jesus Christ in burn markings on a piece of toast or seeing the man on the moon. In practice the Rorschach inkblot test uses pareidolia to gain insight into a person's mental state. The ink blots alone are designed to be insignificant images but the responses they illicit in people are representative of the significance that the person's perception places on the images.
(Source)

Matrixing is the term the Ghost Hunters use to describe the misidentification of something ordinary as something unusual. It comes into play most often when people take photographs and spot something in the picture they are sure was not there when the photo was taken. Often, it is a face or figure and seems to be human.

Why Does Matrixing Happen?

One explanation is that recognizing other humans, and the faces of parents, is the first skill a baby learns. Pattern recognition of this sort is also a survival tool, giving the earliest humans a way to spot predators in hiding. The skill is so fundamental that, when presented with a random set of patterns the human brain attempts to make sense of what it sees. If it can possibly resolve that random pattern into a familiar object or image, it will.
(Source)

Here's an example as well:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a251ed00ef57.jpg[/atsimg]

What you see is a face here, right? Well no, actually what you're looking at is nothing but 3 circles and a single line. Hardly the characteristic of a face and yet we recognzie it as nothing but this.. this is because, as the laws of Pareidolia and matrixing suggest, we're quite literally hardwired to see faces and or familiar shapes. It doesn't matter if it's in the clouds where's It's most popularly characterized, in an orb, or, indeed, in a shed window. We see faces everywhere we go.

So, I don't see any ghosts here, sorry. Instead what I do see is a natural effect highlighted above.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join