It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope someone can clear this up - what are these?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by I know it all...

Its a single frame

Zoomed

Its a bug or something to do with the stabilization of the video
edit on 21-1-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Insects - possibly....

But have you ever tryed to film an insect on a mobile phone - they hardly show up. Im using a bog-standard camara phone here not the "hubble" telescope!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Its a single frame

Thats the pic i wanted - thanks

Really? a bug - moving that fast???

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Pollen and flowers whipping past due to the wind whipping around

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by I know it all...
"If someone could do a still of the one to the right of the cow at 11 secs id be grateful"

i dont know why i put that - its 20 secs - i've not watched it for a while (my apologies).

Ahh, now I see it.

This is the best I could do. All I have is paint...

It looks like something close to the camera. Doesn't look like a bird or a UFO. Seems to fit in with the rest of the material that's blowing about.

Sorry eveyrone for my poor resizing skills :/

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

but there was hardly no wind......

and a bug that big?? that travels that fast?? & around 30 of them & i didn't notice a single one?

Can anyone do a still of the first one that comes over the bottom left on the mountain at 9 secs?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yup, bugs are very fast, and small.

Something that small moving at say 20mph would cross the screen in 1/2 a second or faster. Thats why its only picked up in a single frame. 30fps isnt fast enough to pick up the whole flight, especially when you are moving the camera to the left, and the bug is going right.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The one at 9 seconds is also a single frame, and a spec in the corner of the screen. It too fits the profile for a bug flying past the camera pretty close.

I dont notice bugs when im out and about, why would you...unless there was a huge swarm

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

reply to post by SilentE

Honestly - I really don't think it is.

It looks like they are taking off from the villidge / mouontains below, not gently floating past.

What's your take on it?

It definately isn't floating gently, but it is blowing with the wind and it does look a lot like a dandelion seed or something similar.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

^^^^^

but thats the point - there is a huge swarm, watch between 37-48 secs!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
its a sony ericsson xperia e15i

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No, there are some flowers and bugs flying around, a swarm is 1000s of bugs, a cloud of them.

There is enough wind to carry light material like pollen, you can hear the wind on the mic and see the flowers blowing around.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
can someone explain to me what the thing is that "dive-bombs" from the sky at 44secs than goes virtically straight up then?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

No, there are some flowers and bugs flying around, a swarm is 1000s of bugs, a cloud of them.

There is enough wind to carry light material like pollen, you can hear the wind on the mic and see the flowers blowing around.

^^^

theres hardly any flowers blowing around, it was hot - people are in shorts & t.shirt, it was september & about 23oC

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That reminds me of that video this guy took over at Denver. Just search Mile High mystery: UFO sightings in sky over Denver. The object has a similar trajectory.

The speed that it has leads me to think that these little critters look like glitches in this dimension.
That's why they look strange. Think of it as glitches in your video games i.e spots, deformation.
It doesn't mean they aren't bugs, seeds or whatever.

If you observe carefully the one at 1m and 8secs, it does some kind of spiral flight.
Interesting to say the least.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Its a single frame

Thats the pic i wanted - thanks

Really? a bug - moving that fast???

its not a single frame btw - its on at least 3 frames - depends how much you can slow your computer down

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shurima
That reminds me of that video this guy took over at Denver. Just search Mile High mystery: UFO sightings in sky over Denver. The object has a similar trajectory.

The speed that it has leads me to think that these little critters look like glitches in this dimension.
That's why they look strange. Think of it as glitches in your video games i.e spots, deformation.
It doesn't mean they aren't bugs, seeds or whatever.

If you observe carefully the one at 1m and 8secs, it does some kind of spiral flight.
Interesting to say the least.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Shurima because: (no reason given)

^^^^^^
WOW! thanks for alerting me to this - this is the closest ive seen to what i filmed
edit on 21-1-2013 by I know it all... because: wrong choice of word

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Its visible only in 1 frame, the other frames it appears in, it can hardly be seen.

Its an image artifact after looking at it again.

It appears in 3, in the same place even when the camera is moving. It goes from invisible to slightly visible, to visible, then back to slightly visible, then gone.
At the same time another artifact appears to the bottom right of it.

Given the "ufo" doesnt move as the camera moves makes me think some of these are image artifacts.
I will grab all 3 frames and put them up to show you

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Its visible only in 1 frame, the other frames it appears in, it can hardly be seen.

It appears in 3, in the same place even when the camera is moving. It goes from invisible to slightly visible, to visible, then back to slightly visible, then gone.

Given the "ufo" doesnt move as the camera moves makes me think some of these are image artifacts.

I wouldn't bother..the OP wants to see UFOs so no matter what logical explanation is offered he\she is going to only see that.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

I wouldn't bother..the OP wants to see UFOs so no matter what logical explanation is offered heshe is going to only see that.

^^^^

I don't just want to see UFO'S...... but i know its NOT a bird or a bit of pollen! You'd have to be damn stupid to think thats what this is!

And its flying
Its unidentified
And its some sort of "object"

So why isnt it a UFO?
edit on 21-1-2013 by I know it all... because: Spelling mistake

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join