It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope someone can clear this up - what are these?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
HI, I've wanted to start this thread for a while but because you have to make 20 posts before you can start a thread i haven't been able to!

I've been reading this site for years, mostly just "lurking" without making any real contribution, if you haven't anything to say its better to stay silent i guess.

I find the unknown intresting, although i haven't really seen anything out of the ordinary like ghosts, aliens, as some claim to have seen on here.

I had a holiday to Italy in september & happened to travel their from England by coach (which was a nightmare!) but its cheaper than flying.... anyway, getting to the point, on my way back to England we travelled over the Gothard Pass in Switzerland, and as anyone will know on these coach trips your constantly stopping off every 2hrs for a toilet break, or food etc.

The coach driver, stopped at a cafe at the top of the gothard pass, which is 4,000ft high and i decided to film a bit of the scenery on my mobile phone. I filmed for about 90 seconds until my wife sneaked up behind me & pretended to "push" me over the edge. Such a comedian y'see........

Anyway back on the coach (bored) i watched the video back & a "flash" caught my eye, i must of watched the video another two-dozen times on the coach & although i couldn't see much on the small screen i did spot what i thought were 3 "objects" whizzing around.

Once home i uploaded the video to my computer so i could view it on a bigger screen & was amazed to see around 30 or so of these 'things' moving around at incredible speeds.

I don't know what they are but i didnt see them at the time, infact i didnt see anything at the time other than a clear view.

For me, they move much to fast for birds, some moving vertically straight up (as far as i'm aware birds dont do this) & the fact it was at 4,000ft & birds (according to google) usually stay at 1,000ft or less due to the air pressure & its making it more difficult to fly at such heights. I know Eagle's do - but i doubt i was surrounded by 30 eagles & failed to notice a single one!!!

Here's the video, i hope some people on here can slow it right down & capture still photos etc to put on here as i haven't a clue to do all that stuff & i know theres some very bright people on here.

www.youtube.com...

any questions, i'll try and answer as best as i can.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can't watch it right now. Anyway you can get a snapshot?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I wouldnt know how to do that.... there is no jaw-dropping image as such - but these aren't natural as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by I know it all...

birds. definately birds.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
are you talking about the things at .42 into the video? if so then those are the flowers flying around that are directly under you they are white.. They look like dandylines (spelleing/) I think they are called but they have like a white poof at the top of them and they float around when the wind kicks up.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's very hard to see if you're talking about the white stuff flying around I think its just some Pollen*?! Sorry I don't know how you pronounce it.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

thats the start around 42 secs off a mass of about 30 "things" flying around... theres a flash at around 40 seconds but the first one is at 8 or 9 seconds to the right of the cow statue.

But you have to really slow it down as it moves that fast.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I doubt its pollen.... when i walk to the fence at 36 seconds you can see the flowers & they arent moving or blowing.

It wasnt windy at all... so i dont think its pollen being blown at them speeds

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by I know it all...

Did you mean this at 0.41?

It looks like some fluff flying past in the wind or something.
edit on 21/1/2013 by SilentE because: I can never resize things properly!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
it's working now, but I don't see nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Its either debris being blown about, plant matter, pollen etc, or bugs of some sort.

They arent aliens thats for sure

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Those are seedlings with feathery attachments that allow for flight.
There are numerous plant types that have mobile seeds in this manner.

Because of their increased surface area they can travel at rather rapid speeds over great distances even in the slightest breeze.

Think of a dandelion seedling but much larger, or cotton for instance.
If you pause the video at around 40-41 seconds you can see one very clearly.

Example:

edit on 21-1-2013 by Maldavius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
yes - thats the start of it - it does look like a bit flowery that, i've paused it on that before - but it seems to come from the sky really fast then some flys past really quick.

Theres also something that flys over the 2 trees at 1min 8secs that changes drirection which definately isn't pollen.

If someone could do a still of the one to the right of the cow at 11 secs id be grateful.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maldavius
Think of a dandelion seedling but much larger, or cotton for instance.
If you pause the video at around 40-41 seconds you can see one very clearly.

That's what I was thinking of. I couldn't remember what it looked like.
It was on the tip of my tongue!..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My sister e-mailed the video to Nick Pope & he said it was "very intresting" are you's people looking at the same things here? :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A video taken at a Cafe at 4,000ft on top of the Gothard Pass in Switzerland, I was filming the view & when I watched the video back noticed multiple fast flying 'objects' that were not noticeable to me, at the time of filming. The first 'object' appears at 9 seconds flying over the mountain at the bottom left of the screen, the second at 20 seconds to the right of the cow statue, then there are then multiple objects from 37-48 seconds & the final object at 1min 8 seconds which comes from the right of the screen over the two tree's grouped together.

^^^^^^

here's what i posted on the video for the times to look out for.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by I know it all...
yes - thats the start of it - it does look like a bit flowery that, i've paused it on that before - but it seems to come from the sky really fast then some flys past really quick.

Theres also something that flys over the 2 trees at 1min 8secs that changes drirection which definately isn't pollen.

If someone could do a still of the one to the right of the cow at 11 secs id be grateful.

I can't see anything near the cow at 11secs but it could be my laptop. It's only a cheap one...
The object you see at the 1min 8 sec mark looks a lot like what was seen at the 41sec mark. Fluff/plant material.
I would screen cap it but the quality wouldn't be worth posting.

Oh, was meant to say, looks like a beautiful place!

edit on 21/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/1/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
"If someone could do a still of the one to the right of the cow at 11 secs id be grateful"

i dont know why i put that - its 20 secs - i've not watched it for a while (my apologies).

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
They look small and close relatively close to the camera so I would say they're probably insects or bits of stuff carried in the breeze .

edit on 21-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Honestly - I really don't think it is.

It looks like they are taking off from the villidge / mouontains below, not gently floating past.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join