Police called over ‘attacks' on snowmen

page: 1
17
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Its been snowing hard the last week here in the UK and everyone has been out making snowmen on their front gardens. This has sparked a spate of snow man related violence up and down the country with many of them being attacked ,destroyed or even stolen. It seems that people are getting so upset about it they have been ringing the police to report the attacks!

So many calls have been made to the police that they have responded by tweeting :


Solihull Police :
There is very little we can do about attacks on snow men or thefts of carrot noses. we had many calls like this in the last 24hrs.

source

When will the violence end?



edit on 21-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Its been snowing hard the last week here in the UK and everyone has been out making snowmen on their front gardens. This has sparked a spate of snow man related violence up and down the country with many of them being attacked ,destroyed or even stolen. It seems that people are getting so upset about it they have been ringing the police to report the attacks!

So many calls have been made to the police that have responded by tweeting :


Solihull Police :
There is very little we can do about attacks on snow men or thefts of carrot noses. we had many call like this in the last 24hrs.

source



When will the violence end?

edit on 21-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)


Snowmen have feelings too.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD
 




Snowmen are people too, protected under the Human & Snowpeople rights act, 1994.





Haven't people read/seen The Snowman? Awwwww How could anyone harm an innocent snowman (or lady)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Ours is safe in the back.
Had no carrots, but he is sporting a fetching tinfoil nose and hat.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD
 


Violence like this is snow joke (ok, ok, someone had to go there!
).

I find it very funny that people bother to call the Police over this type of thing, like people calling the Police over snowballs........

Couldn't stop laughing on saturday afternoon. Walking to the park, watching local kids (12 ish i would say) pelting the PCSO's non stop......they didn't find it funny like everyone watching it did.


Just struck me though, we hear of attacks on the poor defenceless snowmen but we never of them being subjected to sexual assault? Wonder why that is.......



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   


Can't believe people would waste the policeman's time over something so mi-nute.

ROFL

It's not like the snowman will melt anytime soon.

Make another one.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD
 
A guy I know at work smashed up a defenceless snowman in a midnight raid of undoubted violence.

They pulled the car over, leapt out and brutally left the poor guy as a bloody watery mess.

Oh the snowmanity!



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by PhoenixOD
 
A guy I know at work smashed up a defenceless snowman in a midnight raid of undoubted violence.

They pulled the car over, leapt out and brutally left the poor guy as a bloody watery mess.

Oh the snowmanity!



Did you report him? Witness protection could certainly be enacted. Relocation probably to Lapland (or Iceland freezer department).



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater
 


It's probably the same people going into apoplexy over Max from the Tweenies dressed as Jimmy Savile.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm ashamed to admit, but I used to be a snowman assassin.

It's true. As a child my friends and I could often be seen roaming the streets with hatchets and machetes searching for our next victims. These days we probably would have been arrested and pumped full of drugs.

I wonder if this recent rash of snowman assassinations had anything to do with the Doctor Who christmas special?



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dont let the snowmen suffer like this poor guy




posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD
 




Oh the brutality of this world.

You guys are funny.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp
 


If the snow wasn't so powdery I'd attempt to make one of those right evil looking ones, they were epic.
Instead I might have to make a weedy ropey one, stick a mop top on it's head and furnish it with a cigar and some primarni # bling.
Let the snowman assasins go nuts...

edit on 21-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Looks like this snowman is preparing for the little vandals.

Wonder whose going to win?

edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Looks like this snowman is preparing for the little vandals.

Wonder whose going to win?

edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)


Que the snowman training montage music..



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It seems that video of the terrible attacks is starting to surface on youtube now

This snowman was decapitated but still bravely managed to fight back.

Posted only a few days ago :


I worry about the youth of today. Hopefully the attackers can be identified..

edit on 21-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Those vandals better watch out, the snowmen just started the "Occupy Snowman Movement'

Looks like there might be a revolt soon.

Keep your eyes peeled.

[Their mad and their not taking it anymore]



edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I'm ashamed to admit, but I used to be a snowman assassin.

It's true. As a child my friends and I could often be seen roaming the streets with hatchets and machetes searching for our next victims. These days we probably would have been arrested and pumped full of drugs.

I wonder if this recent rash of snowman assassinations had anything to do with the Doctor Who christmas special?


I too shamefully admit my guilt in my youth. I was a child soldier........involved in genocide against snow kind. I was a terrible killer too - snow men, women and children were all targeted. I was also guilty of horrible mutilations.

Thanks to a long and painful rehabilitation process (daughters Mr Freeze kit), i have seen the error of my ways. I would like to offer a heartful apology for all the snow hurt that i have caused and the misery i have inflected on countless snow families.

However, i must caution that relapse is a distinct possibility. Once you have truly tasted "snow", you can never fully go back...........
edit on 21-1-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
They're not missing, they're attending this protest




posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD


When will the violence end?


 


When they get rid of all the violent video games depicting snowman carnage. Games like, Grand Theft Snowball...Call of Frosty, Battlefield North Pole... etc, etc, etc.

Snow violence is getting out of control.

Ban snow!





new topics
 
17
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join