It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why All Survivalist Need To Know What An 80% Lower Receiver Is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that Idaho does not have any type of gun registration. So once a firearm reaches a store, it is no longer kept track of.

And Idaho state law states that you can manufacture any type of firearm you want just so long as it is semi-automatic and the bore is not bigger than 1.5 inches. You may also manufacture an SBR or silencer without having to pay for a $200 tax stamp. They do, however, ask that you stamp "Made in Idaho" on it.

This really is a great place to live.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho

Nice go Idaho..off topic how is the job market out there. might see me moving out there in the future...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Only problem with that is that if you get jacked by the FEDS you will be in trouble because SBRs and Silencers are covered under federal law. The state may not press charges but the FEDS will.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Only problem with that is that if you get jacked by the FEDS you will be in trouble because SBRs and Silencers are covered under federal law. The state may not press charges but the FEDS will.

Yes BUT some states actually have a law on the books to arrest Feds who are enforcing laws that you are 'breaking' that their state law allows. Wyoming I believe has one such law just passed recently for that exact thing.
I suppose the feds could try a sting op. if you were selling them belt-fed to an undercover fed, then they'd try black-bagging you and racing your ass across state-lines in that case but still, it would give them pause for thought.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I don't see a reason to pay a lot of money for a 80% lower when i can build a bolt together lower.
www.weaponeer.net...
www.ar15.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I don't see a reason to pay a lot of money for a 80% lower when i can build a bolt together lower.
www.weaponeer.net...
www.ar15.com...

Pretty cool.

Problem is you need a full machine shop or a WELL equipped garage to do it.
The buffer tube would be a real bear.

With a 80% you can do it with a hand drill and a good hand router/drimal tool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join