It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why All Survivalist Need To Know What An 80% Lower Receiver Is

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The great Obama gun grab of 2013 is coming folks, it has happened before, it will happen again.

New York is sneaking it in as we speak...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

California has done it before...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

The problem is registration. That is how they know what you have and can come demand you give it to them.

BUT it is still legal to make your own gun/rifle and own it without registering it. Therefore no one needs to know what you have stored in your cache.

Enter the 80% lower AR15 receiver.
The lower receiver is the part of the gun that is registered and serialized. According to the government this is what makes a "gun" a "gun".
So what industrious Americans have done is find a way around the registration BS that the government gun grabbers have shoved down our throats.
You can purchase a lower receiver for whichever assault weapon or hand gun you prefer, the machining work will only be 80% completed and with a drill press and minimal skill level anyone can finish the 20% left. You will have a ready to go lower receiver, sans the trigger mechanism which can be purchased separately, WITHOUT A REGISTERED SERIAL NUMBER!
Now, add an upper receiver, a barrel and stock all of which can be shipped to you directly and you have a working assault rifle. You can legally own it, use it, walk around public with it and NO ONE can say you are breaking the law.

More information about the legalities of the 80% lowers can be found here;
www.tacticalmachining.com...

A fully machined, 100% lower receiver

An 80% lower receiver "paper weight"

As I'm sure you are well aware of, gun sales and gun parts sales have gone through the roof and there is a shortage of EVERYTHING gun related, ESPECIALLY 80% lowers, for obvious reasons.
They are nearly impossible to find.
Being the resourceful guy that I am, I have been able to acquire a couple of them and am now waiting on their arrival in two weeks time. They were pricey but well worth it.
U2 me if you are interested in finding out where to get your hands on one or two.

Good luck and keep your heads down.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
tic toc tic toc...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
S+F

I've posted in other threads about making your own weapon before. Here's my posts from that thread:

That one is about a 3D printed lower receiver but it's the same concept. Also the AK-47 only has a receiver, instead of upper/lower like an AR-15, and seems to be cheaper to buy as well as parts for it. Although all the sites I have bookmarked are out of stock of both currently

ATF Online - Firearms - FAQ
Here's a link to the ATF website stating that personally manufactured weapons are perfectly legal as long as they aren't sold to other parties.

ETA: Also got my only applause for correcting a mod on the fact that the receiver alone is considered the firearm. Kinda proud of that
edit on 1/21/13 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thov420

Great links!
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
NP, always happy to spread knowledge. Here's a detailed video about making your own AK from parts:

I'm sure there are similar vids for other weapons but had this saved in my YT favs so wanted to share.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What about the ammo? I was with the old man at the range and they made him show his GL before they would sell him anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oldmeatwad

As of this date anyone can buy ammo online or in person without any type of registration. You must be 18 to buy shotgun ammo and 21 to buy regular ammo, of course laws may vary by state.

To Purchase Ammunition Online:

Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase shotgun ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun and rifle ammunition.
•We can ship ammunition to your door via UPS ground or air.
•Ammunition shipped by air requires Hazardous Material (HazMat) classification and additional fees will apply.
•Ammunition shipments to Alaska and Hawaii must be by air.
•Ammunition and firearms must be purchased separately.
•For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on ammunition.
•Always make sure you use the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
•Check your local laws for any other regulations before ordering.

Ammunition Restrictions:

Illinois We must have a copy of your FOID and State ID on file
Chicago, IL No Ammo without a FFL
Cook County, IL No Ammo without a FFL
Los Angeles, CA No Ammo without a FFL
Massachusetts (Statewide) No Ammo
New York (Statewide) No Ammo
Oakland, CA No Ammo without a FFL
San Francisco, CA No Ammo without a FFL
Sacramento, CA No Ammo without a FFL
Washington D.C. No Ammo
APO & FPO Address No Ammo
PO. Boxes No Ammo

www.ableammo.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Interesting concept, very industrious and a great bit of info. Something else interesting is that your avatar just made my cat go nuts! She's trying to get the skull I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The only issue I have found in this thread is finding any of this. I was recently fortunate enough to land a job in the industry, and anything related to AR-15s is impossible to find. Unless you are willing to pay jacked up prices for a lower on the internet and further jacked up prices for the remaining parts, no consumer will be able to see one for at least a month(and that is if no legislation happens).

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Great post, and I'll be starring the poster who gave the ATF link about legality. It's nice to get good, useful information from someone who actually knows their stuff, and with info to back it up too. I see too many claims about things where it really is just someone wishing/thinking something is a certain way, but there is nothing to back it up.

This here, I know is real, and really useful information!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the info! I have been considering buidling an AR-15 and now I have a starting point. Now I just need to find somewhere to purchase the needed items.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My comment above was censored... Don't know why?

In summary, this is the worst plan ever!

Buy a completed lower and let the morans complete their own.

I had no clue ATS was so sensitive...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
please stop using the term "assault rifle" an AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakewirick
please stop using the term "assault rifle" an AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle...

Yeah its a varmint rifle for people with more money than sense.
The trick is you have to invest slightly more than what you paid for the gun in aftermarket accessories. So when it jams... I mean when it is not jammed you can shoot things but most of the time a person would be using the 2000 dollars worth of aftermarket stuff to make them look scary and thus hope the opposition runs away.
In California the AR15 is not an assault rifle after a slight modification

True story, same gun different handle and now its not a rifle.
edit on 25-1-2013 by RandyBragg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is where i got my 80% lower. Got it within a week. Although they appear to be backordered at the moment. ar15lowers.co...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
hey guys, just wanted to pass this along, thought maybe someone interested out there could get a good deal.

I paid twice what they're asking for mine!
cheers!

www.uzitalk.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

www.tacticalmachining.com...

I am posting this to revive this thread and let anyone who is interested know that you are now able to find these parts with the jig kit.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just need to say thanks 4 posting this i came across this when i was a luker and you opened my eyes to this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join