It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the origin of the "Testament of Solomon"? Did Solomon really commanded demons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GLontra

This tradition is very old, told by Josephus and the Talmud.

I bought the Testament of Solomon, though I had already read it and when I got it it was in Koine Greek... I was pissed.

Of course Solomon was never even a living human so to ask if it's true historically is absurd, Solomon gets his name from the god Shalmanu and the King Shalmanezzer.

The story is he was given a ring by Michael that gave him power over 70 chief spirits who helped build the magnificent (beyond possibility) Temple of Solomon.

Solomon could handle demons but his downfall was women, and in the end he was a babbling idiot and laughingstock.

In essence Solomon is the Lord of the Ring(s) or Saturn, this is why the Hexagram is the Seal of Solomon, because both are associated with the planet Saturn.

Saturn is 70 times the size of earth.

I think you can figure out the rest.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
reply to post by GLontra

I don't know about this covenant of Solomon, but yes, later in life he worshipped demons.

You do know Covenant and Testament are not synonyms right?

Obviously not because you called the Testament (essentially last words) the Covenant, and that is just not correct.

There are many Apocryphal Testaments, Abraham, the 12 Patriarchs, Moses, etc.

A Covenant is a pact or agreement between parties while a Testament is exactly what it sounds like, a testament, as in last will and testament.

Solomon never worshipped any demons, ancient Israel was polytheistic until the Persian Empire came on the scene and they all worshipped multiple gods.

A god, even one you don't worship, is not a demon. Demons are the dead souls of the Nephilim and Solomon didn't worship anything of the sort.

I just can't stand when people clearly make statements having no idea of the facts.

Solomon was a polytheist, and so was Israel. Asherah worship took place in Temple until Josiah and was never an issue as long as no one had gods "before" Yahweh.

Yahweh is a Son of El Elyon himself and not God Most High if you are familiar with the true history of the Bible it still says so according to Deuteronomy 32.

Although if you use the corrupt Masoretic based translations then Sons of God (of which Yahweh was one) was altered to sons of Israel.

Learn the facts before accusing Solomon of demon worship, like the difference between a god and a demon for starters.

Yahweh is nothing but the Hebrew Baal, which is why both had Asherah as consort.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GLontra

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by GLontra

You are right.
Solomons case is unresolved in the Bible.
The bible also does not tell us whether or not he even repented.

Also the fact that ONLY he is being associated with 666 is something to ponder over.

BTW, I like your sig.

You're correct, it never does say if he repented or not, however the other poster is quite wrong about Solomon not being severely punished for his idolatry.

If we take the word of the Book of Kings as being the real thing, then he was not severely punished as he deserved to be.

He didn't lost the throne. He remained as king. He didn't have a painful death, he died peacefully after 40 years of reign, was was succeeded by his own son.

Is that what we should expect for someone who built a high place for MOLOCH, and never repented?

By the way, this guy had 700 wives...

It sounds completely crazy and absurd that Solomon is respected so much by Judaism and parts of Christianity until today...

The fact is that Jews know Solomon was not a real person and the story is full of esoteric meaning, not historical at all.

A child of adultery becomes King and is granted the honor of divine Wisdom by God. His downfall is the ever Biblically villainized women, who he honors by erecting altars for them to worship their gods and whatnot.

So he was religiously tolerant, what is the big deal about that? He got tons of bootay, again, so what?

Exactly what was his crime that he should not be honored?

Keep in mind Solomon kept the tribed united and after his death the glorious Kingdom divided into Judah and Israel.

After Solomon the Kings of both Kingdoms were almost all way more evil than wise Solomon.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
reply to post by GLontra

Neither Christianity nor Judaism respects Solomon for his idolatry so that point is moot. You also failed to mention that Islam also holds him in a very high regard. And here is the judgment on Solomon's idolatry:

"Since this has been your practice and you have not kept my covenant and my statutes that I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you and will give it to your servant. Yet for the sake of David your father I will not do it in your days, but I will tear it out of the hand of your son. However, I will not tear away all the kingdom, but I will give one tribe to your son, for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem that I have chosen.

Are you just saying what you want to be true?, because all three traditions absolutely honor King Solomon even attributing several books to him.

If he were despised for idolatry then this would not be the case.

Also, he is not believed by Islam to be an idolater. So if you are trying to slander Islam for revering Solomon as idolatrous you again have shown that you are seriously deficient in knowledge.

You obviously don't know anything about Islam so why talk about it unless your purpose was to say ''Islam honors the idolater, but not Jews and Christians."

Which is disturbing, to say the least and patently false. Islam doesn't rely on the Bible for its traditions in all things and doesn't consider it free of corruption like so many naive people.

Have you read the Solomonic legends regarding Solomon from Islam? If not than why are you claiming to know what Islam thinks of Solomon, and how could you?

Unless someone told you and your just accepted it, my guess.

Try reading a book besides the New Testament sometime if you want to talk about other religions you should at least learn what is really taught by them and not rely on whoever you rely on for your information regarding Islam.

I would not continue listening to this person.

The story of Solomon is an esoteric myth used to provide a history for a people who had been repeatedly conquered by stronger nations.

By claiming an ancient King as glorious as Solomon the people had something to be proud of, a reason for the bad things that happened to them and a reason for the disappearance of 9 tribes that also never actually existed.

Judaism also reveres Solomon, the symbol of the nation of Israel is the Seal of Solomon, called by some Magen David though it's got nothing to do with David at all.

The reason Solomon is written to have been idolatrous was to provide a reason, non historical, for the split between the north and south.

Which in fact is not his fault, having never been a real person it would be difficult to accomplish such a feat.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The reason Solomon is associated with 666, which has nothing to do with Satan btw, is because his official Seal of Solomon is a geometrical representation of 666.

The inner hexagram has 6 sides

surrounded by 6 triangles

And is made up of 6 lines, two triangles.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edingo

During his reign as King of Israel around +-3000 years ago, King Solomon as the second son of God he was given a ring and the authority to submit and enslaved all the devil`s high ranked officials/ followers or all the demons to build the First Temple of God in Jerusalem!!! ...

There is no ''devil" in Judaism, the spirits he had been given dominion over were given him by God, through the power of the ring.

Asmodeus is the main demon, and Satan is not in the legend because Satan is an angel of God, not fallen.

Which doesn't stop Christianity from inventing the devil concept and blaming everything on him, calling every demon Satan though Satan is an angel and works FOR Yahweh.

[In Christian theology, "demon" is a category of beings, the set of angels who rebelled against God. "Devil" is one specific individual, the leader of the demons. There is only one devil but there are many demons, ... and called djinn in Islam.]

Demons are different than djinn in Islam, and not ''called djinn" a different kind of spirit altogether.

And all of them are whom said plainly in the Bible of >>>Ephesians 6:11-12💬💬💬, & >>>1 Peter 5:5💬💬💬, ... as our real & true enemies, & not the human whom just merely deceived & influenced strongly by them, ... coz they are the unseen evil & wicked creatures in form of spirits and they wield the authorities against men, or it means God let them to tempt & deceive human!!! ...

See in below link:
plus.google.com...

Only problem is that you actually have never seen a demon and are reciting the Christian version of Satan that is totally different than the Old Testament Judaic angel who is one of the hosts of Heaven (Job).

Christianity is not exactly an honest or accurate religion regarding its origins in Judaism or the true beliefs of Judaism.

Satan only has power over the weak and foolish.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ancient texts filled with the personification of influential technologies, natural tech (rotation and frequency) or otherwise (smoke and mirrors tech of today). Specifically waveforms.

The angels are traditionally said to have built the ancient sites at night. What the peons saw were caucasian foreigners using advanced technologies. And the white man became both good and bad angel. Depending on the era.

Ive never heard a white self identify as reptilian, but they will claim to be the Elect in a heartbeat! Even today, they bury their "shamir worms" so future man can find the tech, and call it a burial shrine 3000 years from now while controlling the world with the RE'd technology.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuanDope
Ancient texts filled with the personification of influential technologies, natural tech (rotation and frequency) or otherwise (smoke and mirrors tech of today). Specifically waveforms.

The angels are traditionally said to have built the ancient sites at night. What the peons saw were caucasian foreigners using advanced technologies. And the white man became both good and bad angel. Depending on the era.

Ive never heard a white self identify as reptilian, but they will claim to be the Elect in a heartbeat! Even today, they bury their "shamir worms" so future man can find the tech, and call it a burial shrine 3000 years from now while controlling the world with the RE'd technology.

I don't think a word of this nonsense approaches anything that knows what truth is.

Do you think there are no Asian or African ''Elects"?

Think again.

And until someone proves otherwise by publicly shape shifting, reptilians are the stuff of science fiction and dupe based propaganda for the unelect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join