It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the origin of the "Testament of Solomon"? Did Solomon really commanded demons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
This is the article on Wikipedia about the "Testament of Solomon":

"The Testament of Solomon is an Old Testament pseudepigraphical work ascribed to King Solomon. The text is only found in Christian sources and is not in the Jewish Tanakh or other Jewish sources. It describes how Solomon was enabled to build the Temple by commanding demons by means of a magical ring entrusted to him by the Archangel Michael.

Despite the text's claim to have been a first-hand account of King Solomon's construction of the Temple of Jerusalem, its original publication dates sometime between the 1st and 5th centuries CE,[1] over a thousand years after King Solomon's death and the temple's completion.

The real author or authors of the text remain unknown. The text was originally written in Greek and contains numerous theological and magical themes ranging from Christianity and Judaism to Greek mythology and astrology that possibly hint at a Christian writer with a Greek background.

When a demon named Ornias harasses a young lad (who is favored by Solomon) by stealing half his pay and sucking out his vitality through the thumb on his right hand, Solomon prays in the temple and receives from the archangel Michael a ring with the seal of God (in the shape of a Pentalpha) on it which will enable him to command the demons (c.f. Seal of Solomon). Solomon lends the ring to the lad who, by throwing the ring at the demon Ornias, stamps him with the seal and brings him under control. Then Solomon orders the demon Ornias to take the ring and similarly imprint the prince of demons who is Beelzebul.

With Beelzebul under his command Solomon now has the entire race of demons at his bidding to build the temple. Beelzebul reveals he was formerly the highest ranking angel in Heaven."

en.wikipedia.org...

Any clues about the real origin of this text?

Was King Solomon really a "commander of demons"?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yes
Read the Greater Key of Solomon and the Lesser Key of Solomon.
Read the Grimoirium Verum too.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
Yes
Read the Greater Key of Solomon and the Lesser Key of Solomon.
Read the Grimoirium Verum too.

The Greater Key of Solomon and the Lesser Key of Solomon are as apocryphal as the Testament of Solomon.

Three apocryphal texts of unknown origin.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
These works come from ancient Hebrew manuscripts, where they are God only knows.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
14 The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents, 15 not including the revenues from merchants and traders and from all the Arabian kings and the governors of the territories.

(1 Kings 10:14)

Hmmmm.... What??? Why 666 talents?

4 As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been. 5 He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites. 6 So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the Lord; he did not follow the Lord completely, as David his father had done.

7 On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites. 8 He did the same for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and offered sacrifices to their gods.

(1 Kings 11:4-8)

Hmmmm... Solomon built a high place for Molek (Moloch)? WTF?

41 As for the other events of Solomon’s reign—all he did and the wisdom he displayed—are they not written in the book of the annals of Solomon? 42 Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel forty years. 43 Then he rested with his ancestors and was buried in the city of David his father. And Rehoboam his son succeeded him as king.

(1 Kings 11:41-43)

What?? Reigned for 40 years, died peacefully, and was succeeded by his son? Where is the punishment?

Something is really wrong with this part of the Bible...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The bible may be vague on the subject as it is the Christian interpretation of old Greek texts that were made from the ancient Hebrew texts. I think if you looked into the Hebrew scriptures on Solomon you may find more information perhaps.

www.jewishencyclopedia.com
edit on 21-1-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
they were not demons, they were "spirit kind", not ghosts but spirits. Spirits can be good and bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They were Djinns.

The Qurʾan relates that Solomon died while he was leaning on his staff. As he remained upright, propped on his staff, the jinn thought he was still alive and supervising them, so they continued to work.

They realized the truth only when Allah sent a creature to crawl out of the ground and gnaw at Solomon's staff until his body collapsed. The Qurʾan then comments that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment of being enslaved.

"Then, when We decreed (Solomon's) death, nothing showed them his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his staff: so when he fell down, the jinn saw plainly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have tarried in the humiliating penalty (of their task)." (Qurʾan 34:14)

edit on 21-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I don't know about this covenant of Solomon, but yes, later in life he worshipped demons.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by GLontra

I don't know about this covenant of Solomon, but yes, later in life he worshipped demons.

And strangely enough, the Old Testament does not say that he was punished for that in the very severe way that we would expect...

What is wrong with this part of the Old Testament?

Why Solomon is "respected" until today, both by Jewish people and Christians?

Someone who worshiped demons should not be "respected" as he is...

Something does not add up here...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

You are right.
Solomons case is unresolved in the Bible.
The bible also does not tell us whether or not he even repented.

Also the fact that ONLY he is being associated with 666 is something to ponder over.

BTW, I like your sig.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Goetia , some Alchemical texts , as well as some of the texts of Enoch are also good to look at for information on Solomon.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oonkala

Solomon, freemasons, jesuits, - satan (luciferian) worshippers.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

reply to post by GLontra

And strangely enough, the Old Testament does not say that he was punished for that in the very severe way that we would expect...

What is wrong with this part of the Old Testament?

Why Solomon is "respected" until today, both by Jewish people and Christians?

Someone who worshiped demons should not be "respected" as he is...

Something does not add up here...

Huh? He was severely punished for that, you need to re-read that story.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by GLontra

You are right.

Also the fact that ONLY he is being associated with 666 is something to ponder over.

BTW, I like your sig.

You're correct, it never does say if he repented or not, however the other poster is quite wrong about Solomon not being severely punished for his idolatry.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by GLontra

You are right.

BTW, I like your sig.

You're correct, it never does say if he repented or not, however the other poster is quite wrong about Solomon not being severely punished for his idolatry.

If we take the word of the Book of Kings as being the real thing, then he was not severely punished as he deserved to be.

He didn't lost the throne. He remained as king. He didn't have a painful death, he died peacefully after 40 years of reign, was was succeeded by his own son.

Is that what we should expect for someone who built a high place for MOLOCH, and never repented?

By the way, this guy had 700 wives...

It sounds completely crazy and absurd that Solomon is respected so much by Judaism and parts of Christianity until today...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Neither Christianity nor Judaism respects Solomon for his idolatry so that point is moot. You also failed to mention that Islam also holds him in a very high regard. And here is the judgment on Solomon's idolatry:

"Since this has been your practice and you have not kept my covenant and my statutes that I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you and will give it to your servant. Yet for the sake of David your father I will not do it in your days, but I will tear it out of the hand of your son. However, I will not tear away all the kingdom, but I will give one tribe to your son, for the sake of David my servant and for the sake of Jerusalem that I have chosen.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Any clues about the real origin of this text?

Was King Solomon really a "commander of demons"?

The Wikipedia article is correct -- it's a manuscript that comes long after Solomon (IF he was a historical character) lived. In addition to the fact that it's written in Greek, there are some things in it (working for pay, for example) which never existed in the time of Solomon (workers were slaves or were paid in food and goods, not gold and silver. The first coins were minted about 700 BC, 200 years after the presumed death of Solomon (en.wikipedia.org...)

The idea of commanding demons like legions of soldiers is popular in Christian literature starting around 500 AD. It seems to be derived from Persian tales of djinns/genies/jinns, which (according to legend) popped up when you called for them.

Wikipedia's got quite an interesting article on djinns, with a nod to them being viewed (folk culture) as desert spirits or even tribal/cultural gods before the rise of Islam: en.wikipedia.org...-Islamic_era

There's an interesting reference to the djinn standing behind the wisest humans in King Solomon''s court and forming part of his retinue.

However, human hands and human machines built the temples and palaces. No actual djinns were used in the construction.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Solomon was practicing Sumerian magick!

That you can find in Ed Simon's Necronomicon.

Necronomico n
edit on 22-1-2013 by Vicarious10000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GLontra

During his reign as King of Israel around +-3000 years ago, King Solomon as the second son of God he was given a ring and the authority to submit and enslaved all the devil`s high ranked officials/ followers or all the demons to build the First Temple of God in Jerusalem!!! ...

[In Christian theology, "demon" is a category of beings, the set of angels who rebelled against God. "Devil" is one specific individual, the leader of the demons. There is only one devil but there are many demons, ... and called djinn in Islam.]

And all of them are whom said plainly in the Bible of >>>Ephesians 6:11-12💬💬💬, & >>>1 Peter 5:5💬💬💬, ... as our real & true enemies, & not the human whom just merely deceived & influenced strongly by them, ... coz they are the unseen evil & wicked creatures in form of spirits and they wield the authorities against men, or it means God let them to tempt & deceive human!!! ...

See in below link:
plus.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join