It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle / Kite Shaped UFO Photographed from the Moon [ NASA ]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthFazer
Apollo

Belgum

Great find OP

Please be aware that we are only talking about the three dots, The square shapes around the dots are almost certainly JPEG Compression Blocking Artifact, and probably not part of the original film image (prior to scanning).

Blocking artifacts occur in JPEG compression when contrasting pixels are on a field of homogeneous pixels. In this case, the homogenous pixel color field is the black sky, and the contrasting pixel is the bright dot (or three bright dots, yielding three blocking artifacts).

One reason why I think the blocky shape is a blocking artifact is because blocking artifacts come in groups of 8x8 pixels, and that shape is three separate 8x8 pixel groups in a triangular/boomerang configuration.

I explained blocking artifacts in more detail in this previous post from page 1:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand that doesn't answer what the three dots are, but I'm just pointing out that the shape surrounding the dots is probably not really there. I have no idea what the dots are, but I suppose they could be anything from a reflection on the LEM window to lens flare to an alien spacecraft.

edit on 1/24/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I agree- its three pixels possibly reflection artifact, or actual stars. Its not a craft and to assume so requires those who believe this, to honestly sit down with themselves ...and ask this question" Do I want to believe so badly that I might be bias, that things might have another explanation? Check yourself frequently. I do.

I am a believer, for example--- How come there is no research into the mysterious reappearance of Russell Mathews two days ago? That's a way better story, that is unfolding as we speak.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JrSkeptic

It could be pixels it cant be stars as the rest of the picture is correctly exposed,people seem to forget these pictures to get on the net have to be scanned from a print or a negative and that is mostly likely were the pixels have appeared from.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join