It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle / Kite Shaped UFO Photographed from the Moon [ NASA ]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Krakatoa

That's a really open question. It would be easier for anyone to answer if you narrowed it down to a specific area of interest, such as,

"...do YOU think NASA knows more than what they're sharing about extraterrestrial intelligence (or sightings) with the minion?"

I'm not trying to be flippant or anything, just that the original question (if I had to answer) would always be 'yes'. The reason being that NASA, I'm sure, knows a lot of very high-level stuff that the 'minions' wouldn't understand, and would not need to be disseminated. If you mean ET life or contact, then ask that specifically,

Well suffice it to say, I wasn't asking whether they knew about secret communist spy planes and not telling us
. I was inferring ET or artifacts on celestial bodies (Moon, Mars etc)

Now....wouldn't it have been a lot easier if you just went ahead and added your answer opposed to me taking time to create another post?

Oh well. Glad I have all this time to invest on here

No need to get all snippy here. I was only trying to help. After all you were the one that asked them. I was just trying to narrow down the question and avoid any misguided response from you. Perhaps, If I expect that type of reactionary response in the future, I'll just return the favor. At least I didn't say you were clearly wasting everyone's time asking such an open-ended leading and moronic question such as that....I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. I would expect the same in return....that's how civil communication is done.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

With all due respect, it was completely obvious what he was talking about...or it should have been considering the topic and the conversation thus far.

I guess we're not all as perceptive as most of us would imagine or like.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

With all due respect, it was completely obvious what he was talking about...or it should have been considering the topic and the conversation thus far.

I guess we're not all as perceptive as most of us would imagine or like.

Anytime something is left open to interpretation, it can be (and usually is) misunderstood. Sorry for trying to be specific. And remember, whenever we "assume", we make an ....., right? I don't like assuming or "reading into" what someone else says, so sorry that offends.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No need to apologise, i'm not offended in the slightest.

I wasn't trying to insult you, rather point out the title of the thread included 'UFO'...the obvious part i was refering to (well...obvious to me anyway) was in addition to the title containing 'UFO' the image in question is a NASA image from Apollo 17...i would have thought that would have been somewhat of a specific clue as to what he was talking about.

Then i realised, that although I or the OP or 99% of all other members reading this thread would have instantly known what was meant by asking 'do you think NASA knows more than they tell the public', some people may not have twigged the obvious.

You're obviously one that didn't, and needs to have things explained precisely.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So thus far we have:

Evidence indicating a coverup:

1. Colors in a supposedly black and white lunar photo from NASAs own archives.

2. Not possibly a reflection since we have to zoom in to see it, which would not be needed where it an actual reflection. (Still wouldn´t explain the colors even if it was a reflection).

3. Could be a UFO (Unidientified flying oblejct, it certainly may be)

Evidence against the coverup.

1. The "of course it can´t be a UFO"-crowd with the same old arguments.

2. ????

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I find it very interesting, could be ours! Looks very much like a Stealth...I live by Langley, so it looks familiar to me!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

1. Colors in a supposedly black and white lunar photo from NASAs own archives.

Color photo...

Image Info

2. Not possibly a reflection since we have to zoom in to see it, which would not be needed where it an actual reflection. (Still wouldn´t explain the colors even if it was a reflection).

It could be a reflection, or a reflection of a reflection. And the approximate colors are right here in this photo... plenty of lights to be reflected.

3. Could be a UFO (Unidientified flying oblejct, it certainly may be)

I "could" be. I suppose.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynnlynn
I find it very interesting, could be ours! Looks very much like a Stealth...I live by Langley, so it looks familiar to me!

As I pointed out in this previous post (link below), the "blocky" shape of it is most likely due to a JPEG compression artifact known as a Blocking Artifact. It could be a JPEG artifact of the scan.

Blocking artifacts occur in JPEG compression when contrasting pixels are on a field of homogeneous pixels. In this case, the homogenous pixel color field is the black sky, and the contrasting pixel is the bright dot.

One reason why I think the blocky shape is a blocking artifact is because blocking artifacts come in groups of 8x8 pixels, and that shape is three separate 8x8 pixel groups in a triangular/boomerang configuration.

More information in this previous post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, while that may explain the stealth-plane-like shape, but it doesn't explain what the three dots are.

edit on 1/21/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I went ahead and modified the photo a bit myself, and this is what I got.

edit on 21-1-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Until you posted that, I had no idea anyone was focusing on anything but the three blue dots. Why NASA gives jpg images a denotation of "HR" is beyond me.

I'm actually really surprised that this image has never surfaced on ATS for scrutiny.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
If online...let ATS resident NASA-debunker have-at-it. He never NOT knows.

Think my laugh just woke my neighbours (1:35am)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No idea what that is but I have three moles on my wrist that are in a triangle formation

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They look like 3 pixel blocks, and 3 stars (the blue dots). Why there would be stars missing from the rest of the background, I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

It's light refracted from a gas pocket near venus

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I dismiss the vast majority of UFO pictures, because I do not really think some other civilization is visiting Earth. However, I will honestly say that I do not believe this to be pixelation of any kind. The only thing that I could come up with is that it is either a reflection from behind the camera, or it is something out in the sky. I doubt it would be stars, but I cannot fully discount that idea.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

Can you link the China's pick of ET bases...thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Looks like artifacts around the "lights" in the image to me. Which is clear evidence of, gasp, an image pasted on top of another image.

Big surprise there.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
I went ahead and modified the photo a bit myself, and this is what I got.

edit on 21-1-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

I cleaned up the image even more. This is what I got.

UFO image enhanced

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
well, i could see it being a reflection, but there is three differnt colored lights, why would the need to color code so many lights if humans were not meant to interact with it ever again?

if its one light split 3, why different colors?

if its 3 different colored lights, um why? they could all be yellow and it wouldnt matter really lol

if they were reflections , why would we need to zoom sooooo far in to see them, they should show up pretty easy like hud on windshield, or tv glaring off windows, or x mas lights blinking on a turned off tv screen. ect ect

if the lens was like a fish eye lense i could maybe see the point of reflection being squished down and seem as if it was further out, but it does not appear they are using one?

cant really make it out myself other than what others can see, id have to wait and get to my giant plasma monitor to see any more detail. but knowing there are suposed off world pilots, videos of things flying across surface of moon, and the very fact i dont think we are alone makes me not brush it off as simple pixel errors.

edit on 21-1-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

odd i have one on the top part of my right hand between thumb and index. 3 dot triangle

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join