It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After 12-21-2012 lost interest in alternative theories i am now Skeptic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
All that is total bull...well except for Elvis still being a live...

I love these definitive moments....we need more of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
@all

thanks for the inputs, when i was a kid i believed magic was something real but with time i learnt it was pure tricks ranging from small hand tricks of street site magican to elobrate enigmatic tricks on the stage by big magicians... similarly now i believe same thing applies to conspiracy theories and UFOlogy where something which cannot be explained by today science has taken a toll and got elobrated during the couse of history which we now believe as ALIENS, UFO's, DIMENSION's, GHOST, SPIRIT etc..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowlord

Quote from "On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman"

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

By LTC (RET) Dave Grossman, author of "On Killing."

Fear not that all truths are not truths, a great majority of what we hear will be nothing more than truth, but be aware that when something is off, people lie. Be alert, expect to be lied to and pursue what seems wrong. We can only find the truth if we choose to pursue it.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I have some advice:

"Forget everything you've ever learned; just discard it altogether.

Then, use discernment, faith, and an 'open-mind' and you'll know what is the Truth,

because It can take-care of Itself."

edit on 21-1-2013 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I totally agree with this original post

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowlord
I am long time visitor of ATS since 2004 though i was not very active in participating or replying to threads, i was very active and avid reader visiting every day reading most of the topics created here. but all these days i was more of a believer in UFOlogy, Paranormals, Doomsday and Alternative Science etc etc than skeptic, starting with blossom good child i was expecting atleast i will see some hard evidence during the course of time here but to my surprise nothing came true and totally enlightened when 2012 prediction passed by.

Now i believe that there is no UFO's, GOD, EVIL etc, everything i believe now is wrt to SCIENCE.

What do you guys think?

What about Santa? ...the Tooth Fairy? I believed in them at some point (I think...), and then, they were no more.
Don't really know where you're going with this --
Are you now in the "I will believe ONLY what the government, or MSM, or certified educators, or 'the church' (or - pick your religion) says" boat?
That's the easy way.
Not saying it's wrong to choose the easy path...
How would I know!?
But - I have found that "the Experts" are on an evolving list - Today's Experts will be Tomorrow's Charlatans in almost any and every doctrine (science, law, history, theology, etc...).
So - even "just the facts, ma'am" will eventually send you to the same abyss you face, today (regarding "alternative knowledge").
"Skeptic" is just a label. Wear it if it makes you feel more sophisticated.
As for me - I set everything on the shelf...and inspect it again, from time to time, to see if/how it fits with anything else... I almost always learn something I didn't know before (even when all I did was prove the information unreliable).
edit on 1/23/2013 by WanDash because: apostrophes for quotes

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Anything is possible, of course. I believe in a many layered approach to so called conspiracy theories. There are conspiracy theories that are so absurd, that I am almost convinced that they are created to detract from the credibility of ALL conspiracy theories. Call it disinformation, red herrings, etc, but that effort (disaccredidation) is itself a conspiracy theory.

That being said, many (most?) "theories" posted on this website are completely absurd, usually poorly written, and are perpetuated by the hopelessly stupid, trolls, and/or shills.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It is hard to tell the 'hoaxers' from those who actually experience events that are out this world. It is up to you, however, to determine what is truth and what is fallacy.

All I can say is don't lose faith in what you believe in, no body should be able to shape your energy; it is only you that can determine the path of which it takes.

Take a moment to reflect on the things that cross your mind everyday, and determine whether it is right for your state of being.

Sometimes closure is the only way to silence your thoughts, I have seen many friends crumble on this website, don't let the events of everyday life destroy you, there is more to it than what meets the eye.

Stay true my friend.
edit on 24-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

Statistically speaking, it's highly unlikely that we are the only planet in the universe which has living beings populating it. You cannot disprove a negative. Whether or not a God exists is irrelevant until hypothesized God makes itself known to us. Good and evil are subjective stances. All of morality is. What is evil to one person may be good to another, or vice-versa. If you were hoping to find an unchanging truth on ATS, you were looking in the wrong place. This is a soap-box for subjective expression; not a platform for objective reasoning.

~ Wandering Scribe

I would agree with you Wandering Scribe, so long as you include yourself in the last sentence.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Another thing I'd like to add is: Be careful what skeptics you talk to or listen to. I see a lot of the time those who claim to be denying ignorance actually committing the crime of being ignorant. Take it upon yourself to do the research rather than letting others do it for you.

edit on 25-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

Statistically speaking, it's highly unlikely that we are the only planet in the universe which has living beings populating it. You cannot disprove a negative. Whether or not a God exists is irrelevant until hypothesized God makes itself known to us. Good and evil are subjective stances. All of morality is. What is evil to one person may be good to another, or vice-versa. If you were hoping to find an unchanging truth on ATS, you were looking in the wrong place. This is a soap-box for subjective expression; not a platform for objective reasoning.

~ Wandering Scribe

I would agree with you Wandering Scribe, so long as you include yourself in the last sentence.

Of course I do; I'm on ATS after all. My words are an opinion, just like anything anyone else says.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join