It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

member art post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Question...whats the best way to submit a group of pics from 'my documents' into the 'member art' section. The only way I can see is to load them onto another website and then to supply the url as a link in the post.
Sorry to be such a Luddite...but I still haven't figured out how to program a VCR yet either (and it's gathering dust in the crawlspace).

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Question...whats the best way to submit a group of pics from 'my documents' into the 'member art' section. The only way I can see is to load them onto another website and then to supply the url as a link in the post.
Sorry to be such a Luddite...but I still haven't figured out how to program a VCR yet either (and it's gathering dust in the crawlspace).

I use a file hosting site (it's free):

photobucket.com...

there are others you can use if you want

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You have some Upload space here at ATS, and you can buy more with your points... Click on Member Center and then you'll see. There's a tutorial around here too, on uploading images.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, wizard and gazrok. Photobucket isn't taking anything on right now...going through changes. I'll figure it all out one day.
I have about 30 images of 75-125K that I'll download onto member art when I do.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is another free service, I've used both and like ImageShack better.

www.imageshack.us...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
thanx, kinglizard...registered with the image shack peeps. I'll be checking this out for useability. Looking forward to posting some of my interesting, (but alas), totally worthless artistic endeavors. Good thing I still have a day job.

ATS rules...the mods are the best anywhere...even in the chat room, where they have noticably been flocking.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've loaded some pics into Imageshack and took a pic of a 'work in progress' called Nightrise. I'd like to know how to post the urls into gazroks initial member art thread by urls taken from both Image shack and 'my documents', if possible. I read through the FAQs but I still have trouble.
I really am new at this url stuff...my normal computer access is through work related software. Maybe thats why I seem so muddleheaded.
It's a mystery to me how the people in chat so blithely post links, as if by magick (lol).
Thanks for your help, I figure I should have u2u'd valhall for this, but maybe others would benefit by this tutorial as well.
By the way, it was in response to a conversation with deus ex that I'm even trying this out.
Next question I have will go via u2u to a mod, I promise

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The images need to be hosted online so the image in your documents won't show in the forums. The image you hosted with ImageShack should work just fine. Paste the url in a post and use bbcode to make the image visible. Type this at the front of the url [ img] and this at the rear [ /img], just remove the spaces.

I should look similar to this, just use your url.

new topics

top topics

join