It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is gun control more about dividing America rather than disarming it's citizens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The United States has a long history of gun culture and many of it's citizens are very staunch advocates of the second ammendment. In light of this, is it possible that the Obama administration is trying to divide the country through gun control measures? The debate has certainly drawn a line in the sand and it is now much easier for TPTB to identify all of those that will oppose any attempt to confiscate the guns.

The media portrayed Adam Lanza's mother as a 'survivalist' or a 'prepper'. I believe that it is highly probable that the media will become more aggressive in demonising anyone that:

1) Stores large ammounts of food
2) Owns guns
3) Is a constitutionalist
4) Questions the 'official story' regarding anything that specifically advances the agenda of TPTB
5) Purchases precious metals (This has not yet been demonised but give it time)

Janet Napolitano has been promoting the modus operandi 'If you see something then say something'. This will further divide the community when people start ratting on each other. It will be used to flush out anyone that shows any kind of dissent towards the government, anyone that owns guns, anyone that is a 'prepper'. This is not about domestic security, it is about government propaganda and squashing anyone that questions the government. I believe the ultimate goal is to divide Americans and have them turn on each other.

Is a civil war on the horizon? At what point will the US government cross the line? What is the flash point? What happens if a state secedes, will it have a domino effect?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Probably...

One thing we DO know is that it has absolutely NOTHING to do with protecting the citizens of this nation.

My sig quote makes that pretty obvious...

History shows martially armed governments have already collectively killed 1/4 billion humans on our planet.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

The media and government can attempt to paint us as extremists and whackos. But the majority of people aren't going to be fooled by this.

The largest concentration of anti-2nd Amendment folks are in urban areas. Large swaths of America are, and will stay pro-2nd Amendment.

Obama can certainly try to divide the nation (as he's done so much in the past) but this will unite more people than it will divide.

Just my humble opinion.

SnF

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For whatever reason, Washington leadership of both sides seems to want us at each other's throats. I don't believe they WANT Civil War. I think they are under the illusion they can take the nation up to the edge of it for all the political benefits of passing dream bills and lifetime desires in the chaos of crisis .....yet bring everything back into line and restore complete order when they choose.

I think it sounds like a clever and well thought out plan ..... on paper. I also think history is full of catastrophe following leadership in places all over the world making tragic miscalculations and bad estimations.

I believe they are doing this deliberately and guns are ONLY the issue of the moment to best serve the end of strife between citizens. However, I think they're going to find they have a tiger by the tail and no one to help when they eventually grow to tired to keep hanging on for control. Then that prepping will make pretty good sense in moderation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

(Is gun control more about dividing America rather than disarming it's citizens?)

In answer to the title of this thread...I say...I really don't know what the exact intentions of the administration at the White House is; but I do know that America is obviously divided now.

I think that in the near future and beyond there will be increased civil unrest and protests; until finally someone organizes a huge protest that has representatives from all 50 states...marching in D.C. in front of the White House.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Itmight devide your country, but lets face it. You Americans (well most of you), will be to busy watching real important stuff, like sport, whats happening at the malls and american idols.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Itmight devide your country, but lets face it. You Americans (well most of you), will be to busy watching real important stuff, like sport, whats happening at the malls and american idols.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're not wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Generator85

If gun control ever becomes gun eradication what will soon entail will likely unite this country so quickly it wolill create a thunder clap so loud it will be the new shot heard around the world. People who want more control on the plaebian level just are not aware yet.
edit on 21-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Divide the nation, start a civil war, have the UN come in to help, open the US to foreign invasion, depopulate the world, this is right out of the NWO playbook. Divide and conquer.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
For whatever reason, Washington leadership of both sides seems to want us at each other's throats. I don't believe they WANT Civil War. I think they are under the illusion they can take the nation up to the edge of it for all the political benefits of passing dream bills and lifetime desires in the chaos of crisis .....yet bring everything back into line and restore complete order when they choose.

I think it sounds like a clever and well thought out plan ..... on paper. I also think history is full of catastrophe following leadership in places all over the world making tragic miscalculations and bad estimations.

I believe they are doing this deliberately and guns are ONLY the issue of the moment to best serve the end of strife between citizens. However, I think they're going to find they have a tiger by the tail and no one to help when they eventually grow to tired to keep hanging on for control. Then that prepping will make pretty good sense in moderation.

The classic game consistantly played on us called Divide and Conquer. Most people have heard of it, but only a small percentage seem to understand how, why, and when its applied.

Just 12 months ago the world was rising up against politicial and banking corruption and focusing on the top end of town, but now look at us 12 months later, we've taken our eye's off the prize because we're too busy arguing with each other about whether or not you can have a gun. Meanwhile, the top end of town goes on about their business, as the rest of us argue about something thats written as a legal, constitutional law so why they is a debate is beyond me. And that constitutional law was written as a last defence against a corrupt government or a dictatorship, that should be the end of the debate and then the only decision to make is what type of gun you want, or if you want one at all. Other than that, get on with your life and keep focusing on the pointy end of the pyramid, because that is our real enemy.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieDingus

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The classic game consistantly played on us called Divide and Conquer. Most people have heard of it, but only a small percentage seem to understand how, why, and when its applied.

Just 12 months ago the world was rising up against politicial and banking corruption and focusing on the top end of town, but now look at us 12 months later, we've taken our eye's off the prize because we're too busy arguing with each other about whether or not you can have a gun. Meanwhile, the top end of town goes on about their business, as the rest of us argue about something thats written as a legal, constitutional law so why they is a debate is beyond me. And that constitutional law was written as a last defence against a corrupt government or a dictatorship, that should be the end of the debate and then the only decision to make is what type of gun you want, or if you want one at all. Other than that, get on with your life and keep focusing on the pointy end of the pyramid, because that is our real enemy.

My thoughts coincide with yours AussieDingus. I believe it is important for American's to have the right to bear arms but the whole debate going on right now is a distraction from the real goal of TPTB. They want American's fighting amongst themselves while they push their agenda of divide and conquer. It is far more difficult to take on a unified population versus a divided one.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think it's more about distraction than anything else. While lots of people get busy occupying themselves with gun control, who knows what is slipping by the periphery vision.

Watch the puppeteers, not the puppets.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I guess a lot of people think background checks take place. They don't. I mean otherwise I really don't see why this keeps coming up. I guess a lot of misinformation pumped by the NRA makes people confused.

This requiring background checks is a common sense approach to selling guns.

Enforcing the current laws requiring them is a good move.

Even this crack down is only one in a bunch of comprehensive steps to try and lessen the number of random shootings. An attempt to save lives but more than that, an attempt to save the notion of America as a safe and wholesome place to raise the kids. An attempt to keep America a place you can go to the movies or send your kid to school, cross country in an RV and visit a National Park - all unarmed - yet safe. If everyone has to be armed to the teeth, what are you saving? A prison system?
edit on 21-1-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieDingus

But I think the banking issue is really an easy fix. Separate investment from personal savings institutions as they were once required to be. It was a bad decision that got us here and a quick reversal that will get us out.

edit on 21-1-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I think it's more about distraction than anything else. While lots of people get busy occupying themselves with gun control, who knows what is slipping by the periphery vision.

Watch the puppeteers, not the puppets.

I think even they are a distraction from the real business.

I follow the money.

new topics

top topics

join