It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

That's just a bad idea. Women have trouble having kids as it is. That would most certainly have to be a c-section. And this is assuming the body even takes it considering the difference in genetic material.

Ethically this wouldn't pass the muster. There are very few boards who would be ok with this kind of scheme. It wouldn't be a craze, the poor child would be treated a freak. Not ok, don't play with people's lives like that.
edit on 20-1-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

Recent history and evolution suggests more children and mothers should die than actually do.

Therefore, have you thought... that modern medicine and surgery can now make childbirth 'easier' and less fatal may be part of the reason society has become the way it is?

Those that evolution did not favor living, mother or child, rarely die when modern medicine and surgery are involved.

edit on 1/20/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well...Considering there are supposedly, no purebred Neanderthal women left to provide purebred eggs, and supposedly, there are no purebred Neanderthal men left to supply purebred sperm......

If the baby was to be born, it would be a modern human.......I presume they will "clone" a baby, but use modern Homo Sapien egg/sperm?....I would expect the closest they will get will either be a deformed HS or a virtually Normal HS baby.

There are many people walking around now, that look like those renderings of a Neanderthal, Old WW2 footage of those concentration camps showed people who looked similar.....And so they should.....If you are of Indigenous European origin, you have Neanderthal blood, somewhere in your past.

Unless this baby is brought up in a cage, it will be just another Human Sapien baby that looks "European"
Providing the donor mother isnt African or Asian. But that would be silly really. Tho Australian Native.....they are already close.....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is sick, and cruel. Wouldn't that kid grow up with severely low intelligence? It would basically be retarded by today's standards. I'm all for science when it comes to progression of our species, but I also think that science ***ks around with way too many things. It's not right to create a life just to be used as a test subject.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

They should try Kim Kardashian. She's proven to be fertile, and she's probably closer to a neanderthal in terms of development than 99% of the other humans on the planet.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It is going to be more chimp than man and won't be a nice fella at all.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The NFL would draft these guys in a heartbeat.

Selective breeding for any purpose is wrong but if given a choice, famous football player isn't all that bad.

I don't think lack of intelligence is what did them in. Slippery slope either way.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
That would be in extremely bad taste - Unless it was done for the WWE

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Wow, that was a very cool video. A neanderthal kid could toss a human adult around like a ragdoll, that is some serious strength there

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

I believe what did them in, was the ability of humans to live in close proximity. Neanderthals lived more sparsely.

The aboriginals around the world that encountered modern humans died off in 1-2 generation because they had no defense against common ailments. They had never developed immunity to the diseases of people who have lived in close proximity for 100's of years.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Studying the neanderthal in living detail could provide a greater understanding of ourselves.

It has the potential to save lives.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

looks like evil alien monkeys.....

God I hope not. LOL

Still I would like to know now more than ever.....

That is huge. Are we radically different from previous generations or just a slight variation?

edit on 21-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's a strange world isn't it?

Likely, it's already done. They are just putting out the markers to gauge public reaction if they come forward and admit to tinkering with hybridization.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think it is kind of cool. Geneticists have determined that most people in the world have DNA as a result from interbreeding so by all means it isn’t that far of a leap. We may find out some very important data from such a thing.

To be honest it will only be religious circles that will have a huge problem with this after all the bible never said they even existed.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby

news.ninemsn.com.au

A Harvard scientist is reportedly looking for an "adventurous woman" to give birth to the first Neanderthal baby in 30,000 years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

pure...

distraction and slow day that the news center..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I agree that this is not a good idea. This should be against the law.

You shouldnt abuse the ability to manifest life by breeding degenerate life forms for your own amusment, greed, or curiosity.

Biological sentience may be limited more by physical reality, but in an artificial intelligence the day they gain sentience you can garantee they wont be happy about how you abused their former selves. This is a moral violation.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My wife could totally drop that sh*t.

Our first was 12lb 9oz, 22" long, 48hr labor.

She's a trooper like that.

How much money could I make off her uterus with this?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

LOL.

I'd at least ask for a new car. Maybe they'd also throw in the DVD boxed set of all Fresh Prince seasons and a few pouches of Redman chewing tobacco if they were feeling generous. I'd settle for that if I wasn't the one that had to carry the thing.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 21-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

Did you ask her?
Did she knock your butt to the ground afterwards?
If I said something like that about my wife,I would not be typing these words right now.

edit on 21-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
On the one hand, I can see the scientific value in having a living neanderthal to study and observe. On the other hand, how heartless and cruel to bring this creature into the modern world to be treated as a freak, and a lab rat. Any woman who goes for this must be out of her mind.

After reading the OP in this thread...I thought what about the baby...it needs love, nurturing and caring. If this scientist succeeds at this; I feel so sorry for that baby; I am concerned that it may not be loved.

Also...why does he want to bring back the neanderthal species?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join