It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madelene McCann 'Kidnap Photo Released' update

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
uk news

well, this looks like a promising lead!!

DETECTIVES have been given a photo which appears to show Madeleine McCann with an abductor.

The Sunday Express was passed the picture independently but Scotland Yard appealed to us not to publish it while it continues sensitive global investigations into the missing girl.

Oh I hope this leads to a breakthrough in finding the child!!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The girl is holding the hand of a swarthy foreign-looking man aged about 50 with long dark hair and a beard. He is wearing cut-off jeans and a green T-shirt.

I feel physically sick reading that. Even if it's not her, that screams something out of order...

I know it's absolutely wrong to assume the worst, but a dark skinned 50 year old walking hand in hand with a small blonde child.

ugh..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We can only hope for a safe return. And eternal damnation for those that took her.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Such a sad case. I hope she’s alive and well and not locked up in some basement or worse. Let’s hope the abductors are found and brought to swift and harsh justice. Life imprisonment for every guilty person involved with no chance of parole. Such an evil, heinous crime. They are probably involved in many more child abductions too.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I know it's absolutely wrong to assume the worst, but a dark skinned 50 year old walking hand in hand with a small blonde child.

It doesn't say dark skinned, it says dark haired.
And what's the problem if it is a dark skinned man walking hand in hand with a blonde child? Is it a crime?

Sometimes, jumping to conclusions is the best way of being wrong.

The article is not that explicit, as something like "foreign-looking" may mean anything, as we don't know to who he looked foreign, was it foreign to the people in Brazil, where the photo was supposedly taken or to the newspaper people?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
the news article is vague and I am not jumping to any conclusions regarding the suspects description...

I do feel it is odd that this info is coming out so long after the event. I hope this isn't some wack jobs idea of getting attention?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
the more I think about it, the more I think it is so strange that a guy has pics of the suspects with a child that looks like Maddie from 2007... omg

6 yrs later he steps forward with info? I feel sorry for the Parents... each new lead brings hope and after the lead is squashed... the despair continues.

I really hope whatever this lead is, it checks out and the little cherub is found.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I do feel it is odd that this info is coming out so long after the event. I hope this isn't some wack jobs idea of getting attention?

Unfortunately, I think the most likely is that's exactly what's happening with this.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
~snip~
It doesn't say dark skinned,
~snip~

Yes it does...

The girl is holding the hand of a swarthy foreign-looking man

Look up "swarthy".

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lost Cause i'm afraid.....I can feel it...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Cadaver dog sure smelled something in the McCanns car.... wonder what it was?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Ouch That one's gonna leave a mark.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Thanks for that, I learned something new.

Sorry, winofiend, you were right after all.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
could be a grand-dad, adopted father, legit carer etc

while i hope that a positive outcome can still be reached on it, i have always had my doubts that would ever happen

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The thread at Digispy vanished very quickly but not before someone pointed out that this photo is actually a file photo and appeared on a BBC news article in 2oo7. news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by labyrinth101

This photo?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

No prob.
It's one of my favorite words.
My English teacher would have called it a "ten dollar word".

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Scotland Yard back in Portugal..

news

so that might be another good sign? Might actually mean they have a good lead?

hope so.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If that is the real photo, she is not walking with one Swarthy gent, she is with 2 swarthy gents!!!
It is fairly obvious there are 2 men walking together with a little child between them.....she is looking up at the 2nd chap.
Also "Swarthy" doesnt mean and never has meant, Dark/black Skinned.

It is an English term (probably not used much in the US), meaning Tanned, oily/perspirey looking unkempt person.

Generally, the Southern Europeans/Middle Easterners etc, with olive skin were considered "Swarthy", to a lily white English Rose society.

Pirates with their tanned skin were often Swashbuckling and Swarthy..........

Does have a "Dark" ,as in Sinister Tone, to a degree, but not always.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
If that is the real photo, she is not walking with one Swarthy gent, she is with 2 swarthy gents!!!
It is fairly obvious there are 2 men walking together with a little child between them.....she is looking up at the 2nd chap.
Also "Swarthy" doesnt mean and never has meant, Dark/black Skinned.

It is an English term (probably not used much in the US), meaning Tanned, oily/perspirey looking unkempt person.

Generally, the Southern Europeans/Middle Easterners etc, with olive skin were considered "Swarthy", to a lily white English Rose society.

Pirates with their tanned skin were often Swashbuckling and Swarthy..........

Does have a "Dark" ,as in Sinister Tone, to a degree, but not always.

to be honest, I don't think that is the photo... it maybe another photo but surely this photo posted would have been investigated long before??

My hunch is they have a new lead...but I feel it is really sus that the person who has stepped forward with the info has left it until now. The other thing I thought was 'bad taste' was the fact that the person providing the info, "did not want money...but demanded to be flown to the UK"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join