New Recipe: Vulcan Chicken.
Cooked up some yard bird last night. Did it in the oven, whole bird, came out fabulous! Yummy eats; love to cook. Afterwards, I decided to boil down
the carcass for some chicken stock (you know the stuff, for soups and sauces and such), and came up with a new recipe; Vulcan Chicken.
Here are step by step instructions: (remember this, there might be a quiz)
1. Place chicken carcass in pot on stove, cover with water. Add bay leaves and spices. Easy on the salt.
2. Place lid on pot and turn heat to low-med.
3. Get busy cleaning out the endless disaster and dumping zone known as...'the basement'.
4. Take care of several honey-do's. Hey, she's gonna' be really happy about this!!
5. Forget about the chicken all together; go to bed.
6. Wake up about 2am wondering why the whole house smells like chicken (?) "Boy, that chicken must have been really good!"
7. Use restroom; go back to bed.
8. Wake up at 4am wondering why the house smells like we live inside a giant baked chicken. I mean, the chicken was good, but this is ridiculous!
9. Check the oven to make sure you turned it off the night before. Sure does smell ‘chicken-y’ in the kitchen, but the oven’s off for sure.
10. Go back to bed.
11. Sleep for 10 minutes until alarm goes off...the smoke alarm that is.
12. Investigate; find chicken stock pot with burner still on. Voila ...Vulcanized Chicken! Or, “Vulcan Chicken” for short.
Extinguish flames and smoking wreckage; Cool pot down enough so it doesn’t glow anymore and chisel chicken
(while gagging) from pan bottom. Initiate defense measures for wife's 'incoming' comments. Move lightly blackened (charred volcanic black, now wet and
steaming, wreckage) in serving size portions, to waste basket. Save all inhabitants and small pets by ventilating house (hey, it's only -5
Serve with copious amounts of water, flame retardant and man sized chunks of bruised pride!
Cleanup is easy; discard pan and hope for a meteor strike in the back yard so the subject will change to something else!
Move along now, there’s nothing to see here!
edit on 1/20/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)