It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the next Natural Disaster Occur?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It just seems a little too quite out there these days. How much longer will the quite continue? I don't think anything big has happened as far as natural disasters go in a while. I am also seeing some active earthquakes in regions where you really never expect them to be.

We are well out of the 188 day earthquake cycle right?

Not to bring the gloom and doom, just a thought. We are all distracted by politics and gun laws right now, maybe we should take a look around to see if we are missing something. Stay safe!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I hope the next one is one of those "year without summer" like in the 19th century. So ppl can understand wat it's like to live in Canada lol

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
It just seems a little too quite out there these days. How much longer will the quite continue? I don't think anything big has happened as far as natural disasters go in a while. I am also seeing some active earthquakes in regions where you really never expect them to be.

We are well out of the 188 day earthquake cycle right?

Not to bring the gloom and doom, just a thought. We are all distracted by politics and gun laws right now, maybe we should take a look around to see if we are missing something. Stay safe!

We are not all distracted by politics and gun laws, Americans are distracted by politics and gun laws. The rest of the world is amazed over how you apparently think the right to bring an M-16 to the shopping mall is your number one conern, while China just snatched the world economy away from you and your own economy is going down the drains.

It is not clear what your post is really about. Are you looking for earthquake activity data or prophecy?

Here's a prophecy for you from the great oracle of IPCC :

• Sea level could rise between 7 and 23 inches (18 to 59 centimeters) by the 21st century's end, the IPCC's February 2007 report projects. Rises of just 4 inches (10 centimeters) could flood many South Seas islands and swamp large parts of Southeast Asia.

• Some hundred million people live within 3 feet (1 meter) of mean sea level, and much of the world's population is concentrated in vulnerable coastal cities. In the U.S., Louisiana and Florida are especially at risk.

• Glaciers around the world could melt, causing sea levels to rise while creating water shortages in regions dependent on runoff for fresh water.

• Strong hurricanes, droughts, heat waves, wildfires, and other natural disasters may become commonplace in many parts of the world. The growth of deserts may also cause food shortages in many places.

• More than a million species face extinction from disappearing habitat, changing ecosystems, and acidifying oceans.

• The ocean's circulation system, known as the ocean conveyor belt, could be permanently altered, causing a mini-ice age in Western Europe and other rapid changes.

• At some point in the future, warming could become uncontrollable by creating a so-called positive feedback effect. Rising temperatures could release additional greenhouse gases by unlocking methane in permafrost and undersea deposits, freeing carbon trapped in sea ice, and causing increased evaporation of water.

www.ipcc.ch...

And a scientific assessment of human impact on the world's resources :

· Because of human demand for food, fresh water, timber, fibre and fuel, more land has been claimed for agriculture in the last 60 years than in the 18th and 19th centuries combined.

· An estimated 24% of the Earth's land surface is now cultivated.

· Water withdrawals from lakes and rivers has doubled in the last 40 years. Humans now use between 40% and 50% of all available freshwater running off the land.

· At least a quarter of all fish stocks are overharvested. In some areas, the catch is now less than a hundredth of that before industrial fishing.

· Since 1980, about 35% of mangroves have been lost, 20% of the world's coral reefs have been destroyed and another 20% badly degraded.

· Deforestation and other changes could increase the risks of malaria and cholera, and open the way for new and so far unknown disease to emerge.

royalsociety.org...

So if you think it seems a little bit too quiet out there these days, it could simply be the lull before the storm.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 6:38 EST. 8.2 EQ epicenter in the SF Mission District.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

OK now THAT is one precise prediction

you will be my hero if youre right!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOWGamer
reply to post by UnBreakable

OK now THAT is one precise prediction

you will be my hero if youre right!

That's why I didn't give the time as am or pm. It gives me some wiggle room.

new topics

top topics

join