It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What have you said that has added to the discussion? All you've done for the past 3 or 4 pages is throw insults around and claim you are right without putting forth any effort to back your claims up with anything. You're not at the top my friend, nowhere close. In fact, I'm light years ahead of you because I don't resist change any longer, I welcome it. You, you're still clinging on to a 2,000 year old way of thinking without giving anything else a chance. I don't claim to be at the top, but I do claim to be further along than you.

The world's not flat and the Earth is not the center of the universe, we have moved on from that way of thinking and for all the better. We need to do the same with religion, leave it and its dogma behind. It's time to stop looking outside for god and start looking within.
edit on 4-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by windword

Some age mature slower than others . You are supporting me now . Thank you ,I appreciate it . Im one of those so called entitlement people . I have worked 44 years paying taxes and Social Security and now that the corupt politicians robbed SS you are paying my tab . And no you haven't had 44 years supporting yourself and a family .
The part wisdom takes care of is that you know how to pick through the BS and how to be truthful with yourself .

Wow.

You have shown yourself unable to comment on my posts. In fact, you're really not adding anything but your bloated ego to the discussion, and you keep throwing your age around, as if that trumps reason and logic!

As a lady, I'm flattered that you think I must be young, that means that my youthfulness still shines through. Thanks!

Matthew 18:3
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Alas, my body aches and the mirror reminds me daily of my true age, which I'm not giving out!
But, I will tell you that I have been a full-fledged member of the workforce for 42 years, and have been my family's sole supporter for most of that time. My first child was born 40 years ago.

So, you see, we're not so far apart, age wise. But that is where our commonalities end. We are light years apart in social graces and spirituality.

Now, can we get back on topic, instead of discussing the credentials required to be taken seriously?

edit on 4-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow. So I just got done reading pages and pages of this thread, and I have to say, the bickering is ridiculous. The name calling, the one upping, the credential giving, and the arguing made me so UNINTERESTED in reading the thread!

The op meant to put a theory out there to discuss. I don't think he intended to make invitations to a middle school drama party. Anyway, I think the first few pages were great and thought provoking...which is why I come to ATS, but now the thread has become unbearable to read.

Where are the CONTRIBUTIONS to the thread WITHOUT personal insults?

Anyway, the op was great. I would call myself a Christian. I believe there is some sort of creator, and I choose to call it God. I choose to call it a him because, well it's easy. I don't think we can quite grasp the idea of a God without labeling it something we are familiar with. I've always questioned the OT vs the NT and sort of believed that they were different Gods...or maybe the same God that went through God rehab and left all the better. Maybe Satan was the God in the OT. It makes perfect sense to me. I don't even discount the idea that some sort of powerful alien could be God. Why not? Maybe our universe is just the size of a basket ball inside an aliens home, and were just a science experiment. It seems plausible to me. Either way, I still think there is a creator. I do not think there are any "false" religions. All religions have things in common, crazy teachings, and great moral standards. Most importantly, ALL are FULL of human error.

Most books are meant to resonate a lesson or theme in someone's mind. No book is written for the reader to remember every single little detail. They are full of details to excite, not bore. It's the story, the lesson, the overall feeling someone gets when they are done reading. I think this is true of the Bible and all Holy books. I'm sure if I went back and dissected every single sentence of "A Tale of Two Cities", I would over think, over analyze, then loosely interpret, then take literally, every freaking word and be left utterly crazy and confused. That is what we have done!

I think we have bastardized a book that was meant to help people, give purpose and direction, and excite it's readers. Maybe that's why I SAY I call myself a Christian. I pray, I seek answers, I ask for forgiveness, and I hope one day to die and see something better than blackness and hear a dull hum. I have been to church, but I find more hate there than love. I see fingers pointing and accusing, and I don't think you have to be a follower of Christ to be "saved".

Live, love, give, help, cherish, be kind, be modest, know that you are very very small but try to make a big impact, have respect, and love some more. I think that's all it comes down to. I think that's all it needs to come down to.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you were so uninterested then why did you read "pages and pages"?

As horrifying as a train wreck is to watch, it's hard not to stick around to see what happens.

Sort of like watching an episode of the Kardashians.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You sure don't show it .

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Ha! Neither do you! How ironic.

I hope you're not just making your age up because you really don't act like someone who is 50 or 60.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It really is ironic, isn't it?

In an attempt to claim authority of the thread itself, he's ended up derailing it while disproving every other statement he's made. The topic was an interesting (if not deliberately and possibly somewhat maliciously provocative) one. I guess that's a given when you look through the last few posts.

Soooo... the Yahweh/Baal/ZSaturn connection. That one was pretty fascinating.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thanks for contributing. What you mention is just how the vast majority of threads end up though on any forum, especially one about religion.

However Im more than up to continue discussing the exact topic in the OP, or any that branches from it, with anyone who would like to actually discuss it and not simply attack it.

Most of the thread I havnt replied because no one wanted to discuss the topic, only pop in and say "your wrong". Id say maybe only 5% of the people or less who came to the thread wanted to explore the idea further. Many agreed, and more disagreed and went into Crimestop mode, of which we still have a few lingering in that mode like SP and LR.

Im more than happy to discuss the idea though with anyone who wants to explore it further in an objective manner.

Also anyone who can add information to the theory and help expand it would be most appreciated. Im not a scholar or authority on anything, and am still learning as I go with an open mind to the possibilities.
edit on 2/5/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Also anyone who can add information to the theory and help expand it would be most appreciated. Im not a scholar or authority on anything, and am still learning as I go with an open mind to the possibilities.

Sure thing...

A voice from above

The snake

Even Paul and John disagree

Theres a few to keep you occupied

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
its a scary possibility to ponder if God in the garden of eden was really satan and that the serpent was something else.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Thanks for contributing. What you mention is just how the vast majority of threads end up though on any forum, especially one about religion.

However Im more than up to continue discussing the exact topic in the OP, or any that branches from it, with anyone who would like to actually discuss it and not simply attack it.

Most of the thread I havnt replied because no one wanted to discuss the topic, only pop in and say "your wrong". Id say maybe only 5% of the people or less who came to the thread wanted to explore the idea further. Many agreed, and more disagreed and went into Crimestop mode, of which we still have a few lingering in that mode like SP and LR.

Im more than happy to discuss the idea though with anyone who wants to explore it further in an objective manner.

Crime stopper mode......objective manner.....what you mean is somthing diffrent than what you say. I have added to the "exploration" in an objective manner. What you mean is anyone that has a problem with "objectivity" needs to get off the thread.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcastro
its a scary possibility to ponder if God in the garden of eden was really satan and that the serpent was something else.

Ok.....what would that be? Whatever you want to call them there was only one of them calling the shots and doing all the heavy lifting. Satan had no skin in the game really.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What have you said that has added to the discussion? All you've done for the past 3 or 4 pages is throw insults around and claim you are right without putting forth any effort to back your claims up with anything. You're not at the top my friend, nowhere close. In fact, I'm light years ahead of you because I don't resist change any longer, I welcome it. You, you're still clinging on to a 2,000 year old way of thinking without giving anything else a chance. I don't claim to be at the top, but I do claim to be further along than you.

You would have to claim to be further along than me. Contrary to your position of being open minded you must maintain a superior position if only in form and rhetoric due to the fact that your position cant hold up under any sort of real review.

As far as flat earth and 2000 years old ways of thinking.....your way of thinking is nothing new and is in fact much older than 2000 years. You have no new cutting edge anything here like late breaking news. Just a good deal of unsubstantiated speculation.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by Logarock

By the way do you think the picture John painted of Jesus return looks like your story book hippy Jesus? Rules with a rod of IRON. Thats not very nice. Will destroy his foes with a sword out of his mouth. Oh thats very diffrent from the lame limp wristed guy you talk about. In fact he sounds more and more like Yahweh in the end.

Wasnt John tripping balls on toxic volcanic gases at the time he wrote all that? I think I saw that on the history channel when they were still about history. It would make sense, seeing the product that was produced....

Hydrogen sulfide gas is definitely to be avoided at all times.
edit on 2/4/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

I see you got three stars for the openminded and objective "volcanic gas" via "history channel" idea. Oh thats deep....very objective. I mean it had to be something other than what John said it was...right?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

46 pages in my friend...

I think its time you said something or anything that applies to the topic...

I've said it twice now... Jesus didn't say what you're claiming he did (that's 3x)

Prove me wrong... or slip back into the shadows like a good troll should...

edit on 4-2-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

And you have gotten three stars from three of your equally destitute.

Its in there and the fact you cant find it or know where it is shows that you shouldnt even be talking about the bible or any other book you would claim to know.

And I am not going to dig it out for you. I am going to file your request under the "cast not your perils before the swine" directive.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

And what do you have other than speculation? Do you have some huge secret piece of evidence that proves you're right? Or do you just have the bible still? Unless you were there, your whole ideology is based on speculation, just like ours.
edit on 6-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

How big of you.

I bet it's not even in the book. Why not prove us wrong and show us? If you don't then I'll assume you're lying.

The bible is a huge book with a lot of content, you can't expect someone to play needle and the haystack for you, unless of course you're lying.

Google

From this Google search there is nothing that comes up saying that Jesus said to pray for vengeance. If Google can't find it then it probably doesn't exist. Lying isn't helping your case out any.

For claiming someone else shouldn't talk about the bible, you sure are slow to show that you should.

edit on 6-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trolls belong under bridges not on debate forums...

As far as his claim goes... I've been studying the words of Christ for over ten years now... IF Jesus said what hes claiming I would have came across it at least once.

I know what hes pushing though.... I think hes one of those Christians who think's Pauls words are Christs

The only passage that even comes close is luke 21... and he clearly doesn't understand the context of that passage if that is where his claim is coming from

And lets not forget that IF he did say such things (which he didn't) it would be a direct contradiction to the rest of his words

But I will give him credit for one thing.... School is in sucker....

And he just failed the class

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

And I am not going to dig it out for you. I am going to file your request under the "cast not your perils before the swine" directive.

Trolls don't have pearls silly.... They find pretty rocks under their bridges and try to pawn them off as pearls to those that don't know any better...

They also have a tendency to eat sheep... which makes you comparable to a wolf in sheeps clothing...

Fortunately I am no sheep.... I am the shepards loyal dog...

And I eat trolls for breakfast

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join