It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Logarock

By some pretty basic logic. All means all, not everybody except the one you believe in. I've already posted the definition, do I need to do it again?

From a dictionary? No wounder this discussion is going no where. You dont want to learn anything just spew.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'll give you that.
I guess I did kind of deserve it, though I'm pretty sure my joke was closer to the truth than yours.

You're the ignorant one because you continue to defy logic.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by Akragon

It's news to me too.
Apparently he knows more about me than myself.

I owed you that for the crack you made about me getting all my info from a preacher that passes the plate. First I had heard about that myself.

IF you recall... Yahweh teaches revenge... So apparently you're a good little follower...

Jesus had other ideas though...

:shk:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Better to spew logic than ignorance I always say.

You're the one who doesn't want to learn apparently, you're comfortable in your ignorance.
edit on 3-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The Egyptians were becoming paranoid and worried that the Jews who were enslaved and worked like slaves would out number them and the Egyptians would be conquered in their own land .Of course you could have read that for your self if you were actually interested . But then you wouldn't get the satisfaction of harrasing Christians . Are you sure you aren't Muslim ?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The logic here is that you would never believe the Bible or God because you don't want to. You are diametrically opposed to the possibility of facing retribution for the way you have conducted your life . The problem is that we try to reason with you . You know it all how could there be anyone smarter than you or even a God that could be smarter . There will come a time when you realize that you have outsmarted yourself if you live long enough .. We are done !

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Oh! Well that changes everything! If the Bible says it happened it must be true! Even though we know that the Hebrews were never captives in Egypt and that the Hebrews claimed credit for their people and their god for just about every event that took place, like the creation of the universe and secret houses for midwives, and his angels having sex and procreating with earth girls, we must believe it all to be true!

You know what? Even if there was a Pharaoh that was worried about overpopulation 3500 years ago, that doesn't justify the murderous rampages that the Hebrews perpetrated for centuries all through the middle east, and still justify, using their god, to this day!

Man you ALWAYS get it wrong. It wasnt about overpopulation. It was political and cultrual conflict.

They were afraid that the Hebrews would outnumber them and revolt. Its all there.

Do you like to hear the clicking sound of your fingers hitting the keyboard, or do you just type for argument's sake?

Jacob was a desert nomad that went to Egypt with his family because they were starving. They met Joseph there, who fed them and gave them a home. If their children's children's children were so unhappy with Egyptian culture and politics, they could have "nomaded it outa there" the same way they came.

edit on 3-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

The Egyptians were becoming paranoid and worried that the Jews who were enslaved and worked like slaves would out number them and the Egyptians would be conquered in their own land .Of course you could have read that for your self if you were actually interested . But then you wouldn't get the satisfaction of harrasing Christians . Are you sure you aren't Muslim ?

So the Biblical legend of Joseph abruptly ends and the legend of Moses begins. Suddenly, there appears a Pharaoh that has some problems with these generations of moochers and free loaders to Egyptian society.

You know that the Hebrews were polytheistic in Egypt, right? And they didn't even know Yahweh until Moses introduces him, and the carnage begins.

Why are you defending that is beyond me, and the Old Testament God doesn't have anything to do with true Christianity or what Jesus taught.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I love how people disapear when someone points out one of their flaws...

Kinda reminds me of when a vampire is shown a cross in the movies...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

All I could think about was this.........

"The only thing that burns in hell, Is the part of you that won't let go of your life. Your memories, your attachments, They burn'em all away. But they're not punishing you he said,... They're freeing your soul." "If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth."

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Are we talking about the Infancy Gospel of Thomas?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Some people just get tired of jerks making stupid inflammatory remarks to get attention . When you read everything you can to disprove the bible you already made your mind up from the start . Especially if those authors seek to disprove the bible .

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

How do you know anything about the way I have conducted my life? Do you know me or something? For your information, I did believe in the bible for 21 years of my life, I'm 23 now. What makes you think I don't want to believe it?

I don't think I'm smarter than everyone, but thanks for the compliment.
I obviously must be making sense in some way in order for you to speak for me like that. The thing is, I have tried to reason with you, but it seems you left reason behind long ago. Believing only one book holds all the answers is the opposite of reasonable. Practice what you preach!

You know what YOUR problem is? You're afraid of change because you believe in a place like hell, you're cut off from the truth by your own fear of a place that doesn't even exist! And the guy you worship is the one who invented it! Smart one on you!

Oh, and good riddance to you. You don't make for very stimulating debate anyways, so I won't miss you too much. Toodaloo!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I wasn't...

I was talking about the basics...

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Some people just get tired of jerks making stupid inflammatory remarks to get attention . When you read everything you can to disprove the bible you already made your mind up from the start . Especially if those authors seek to disprove the bible .

Actually the bble does a great job at disproving itself...

No need to seek others opinions on the matter if one knows the book well enough

Though i understand what you mean...

I dislike "jerks" as much as the next guy

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I wasn't...

I was talking about the basics...

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

We that talk with you and others on this thread demonstrate that in spades.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

So the Biblical legend of Joseph abruptly ends and the legend of Moses begins. Suddenly, there appears a Pharaoh that has some problems with these generations of moochers and free loaders to Egyptian society.

You know that the Hebrews were polytheistic in Egypt, right? And they didn't even know Yahweh until Moses introduces him, and the carnage begins.

Why are you defending that is beyond me, and the Old Testament God doesn't have anything to do with true Christianity or what Jesus taught.

Why then did Moses and the other prophets of yahweh foretell of Jesus coming? One would think by listening to you that the last thing the prophets of Yahweh would do is foretell about Jesus.

Oh I should defend slavery then and the stupidity of polytheisim then.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Do you like to hear the clicking sound of your fingers hitting the keyboard, or do you just type for argument's sake?

Jacob was a desert nomad that went to Egypt with his family because they were starving. They met Joseph there, who fed them and gave them a home. If their children's children's children were so unhappy with Egyptian culture and politics, they could have "nomaded it outa there" the same way they came.

Well we see what happened to them when they did try to nomad out of the place.

By the way you are an amature at debate and case making. If you cant preface a statement without an insult you dont know what to do.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

It's news to me too.
Apparently he knows more about me than myself.

I owed you that for the crack you made about me getting all my info from a preacher that passes the plate. First I had heard about that myself.

IF you recall... Yahweh teaches revenge... So apparently you're a good little follower...

:shk:

jesus told his followers to pray for vengence.....the day of vengence. No, you find it. Do your own research.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'll give you that.
I guess I did kind of deserve it, though I'm pretty sure my joke was closer to the truth than yours.

You're the ignorant one because you continue to defy logic.

Whats clear though is that you have your mind already made up about anyone that would dear take you on. I dont do that. You have been given plenty of time to hang yourself.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join