It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The whole nation did not see God. For a while, supposedly, while they wandered the desert for years and years, they may have been following a "pillar of fire." But even the pillar of fire faded away once they reached the promise land and Moses died.

But, remember, even Moses couldn't look at God's face.

Although, I don't who that guy was, who claimed to be God, that sat and ate cakes and BBQ with Abraham in his tent, but I'm sure that it wasn't the creator the universe.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yet the moral conundrum is right there in black and white. Did those innocent people deserve to die? Couldn't god have spared all of them just as easily as killing them for no apparent reason? If he loved those people then he would have spared them instead of commanding the attackers to spare no one.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
No I understand perfectly. The paradox destroys itself and can no longer function as a circuit.

You blow your own mind.... then you give up....

You can't intellectually get out of thy heap eternal.

The idea of paradox is just blind man groping at elephant parts. Its an animal with two tails! said the moron.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yet the moral conundrum is right there in black and white. Did those innocent people deserve to die? Couldn't god have spared all of them just as easily as killing them for no apparent reason? If he loved those people then he would have spared them instead of commanding the attackers to spare no one.

Well if you were bible expert you would know that they were not innocent and there was a reason. Now you believing that or not is your thing to figure out. I am not trying to preach just not allowing a known quantity to be used for ends it was never intended to be used for.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

then you give up....

No. we are not Buddhists, we never give up.

The blood of Christ, the hemlock of Socrates, they both flow through our veins.

The only antidote is more poison.

See ya.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

The whole nation did not see God. For a while, supposedly, while they wandered the desert for years and years, they may have been following a "pillar of fire." But even the pillar of fire faded away once they reached the promise land and Moses died.

But, remember, even Moses couldn't look at God's face.

Moses did see God face to face......read the whole story!

Also.....after they came into the land the angel of the Lord came down and spoke with them and reminded the whole nation what the deal was.

As well, when Solomon dedicated the temple the fire of the Lord came down in the sight of the whole nation and burned up what was on the alter.

And more....read the thing!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ah, okay. The "Angel of the Lord" is Yahweh! Good. He's not God then! I didn't think so.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
John 1:18

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

First of all I never claimed to be an expert on the bible, all I'm saying is that my knowledge is not elementary. I'm not going to lie, I don't really read or pay attention to the OT because what I have read has given off a very negative vibe, a far cry from what I feel from reading the words of Jesus, which are, in my opinion, the true words of god. I'd rather devote my attention to a loving, compassionate god instead of a blood-thirsty and tyrannical god like Yahweh.

Maybe because they lost and knew Judah would never let them live it down? Judah split off from Israel, the whole divide and conquer thing comes into play here. Remember, Judah worshiped Yahweh as well so it was like Yahweh was making his own people fight each other! Where's the love in that? God knows everything beforehand so he knew this was going to happen at some point and even planned it out.
edit on 22-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So I guess those first-born babies weren't innocent either then? Or were they? If he's willing to kill innocent babies, why wouldn't he be willing to kill any other innocent people? He drowned billions of animals in the flood, but with your logic, they deserved to drown.

But god loved them SO much.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if any of this really matters. Maybe there are things that we just can never know. But in the end I doubt it matters anyway. Live, love, laugh and treat others how you would be treated and we probably wouldn't have to worry about a thing. That's easier said than done, though.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Don't you see the trap?

It's going to keep happening.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So much discussion, on things that don't exist.
No Yaweh
No Satan

edit on 22-1-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
reply to post by robhines

I don't know how long I've been cycling through this tricky trap-door, but what I'll say is that eventually you just get tired because the top is again the bottom.

Who's that guy in Hades that rolls the boulder up the hill only to have it fall back down to the bottom again? Eternally, in a cycle that never breaks. It's all a trap.

Eventually, the only thing you can do is refuse to do the same thing over and over and over again.

Not refuse.... but give up.

Give up your power to know... because the monkey puzzle is unanswerable....

Only then.... may there be hope....

How many cycles of time do you want to spend searching, only to be UTTERLY smashed into bits over and over and over again?

Samsara.... Hell...

A wise man knows that he doesn't know a thing, and Nirvana and Samsara are probably both parts of the same illusory reality. Maybe the trick is to find the right perception and let the illusory aspects go.

Reminds me I need to meditate..
edit on 22-1-2013 by robhines because: added

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

From our perspective, they are falling for ancient deceptions. Just because it appears benevolent doesn't mean it really is. Demons copy God to steal worship. Have no false gods in front of God.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I am a former christian fundamentalist.

I agree!

Somebody switched the names. The bible is mostly about the devil. Replace "God" with "Satan". Maybe this isn't true for all passages. And I think the devil is not all powerful. The devil is us.

Not trying to create flames. Not trying to offend anyone. I'm not a christian hater. Not an atheist. Am agnostic. I lack trust for everyone and nobody is immune to my cynicism.

edit on 22-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

The reason you did not understand, and were lead astray, is because you were a fundamentalist! The Bible is not ALL literal.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

The reason you did not understand, and were lead astray, is because you were a fundamentalist!

Or maybe its because he started to employ logic and reason in his thought processes....
edit on 1/22/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by NarrowGate

The reason you did not understand, and were lead astray, is because you were a fundamentalist!

Or maybe its because he started to employ logic and reason in his thought processes....
edit on 1/22/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

dead wrong. Never got that U2U. Something about kicking dust off of feet....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nah. not even bro. I'm a grammar Nazi, but your response to the guy in general was so true it was funny!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

The only religion is to seek to follow after the teachings of Jesus . We all will fall short of being Holy for sure , and the heathen will always rage against us highlighting our failures .But have these people ever looked candidly as a third party at their behavior . A the age of a person usually has a lot to do with the rejection of God because they as young people feel invincible and have too much fun living in sin . With time , age will instill wisdom not learned in college and facing their own mortality will usually move them to the Bible . The scripture in 2nd Timothy chapter 3 " Ever learning , and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth " .
2nd Timothy chapter 4 Verse 3: " For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers , having itching ears ". 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables .
This is a sign of the times .

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

"We all will fall short of being Holy for sure , and the heathen will always rage against us highlighting our failures."

If they ain't hatin on you, you are surely doing something wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join