It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
reply to post by robhines

Mankind is truly fallen when they're always looking for shortcuts.

Who said anything about shortcuts? I didn't. You're generalizing the whole of wo/mankind? One good analogy I remember was that they can act as something that shows you a glimpse of the top of the mountain, then once you're back you know more about path you're making to the top. That's just one, some people are said to enter different states of awareness where they can do all types of things, one of them being contact and conversation with other parts of the collective unconscious/spirits/other beings, etc.

You can't speak without having had a variety of experiences. Of course they're not the answer to everything, but a lot of people have used them throughout history to change perception, awareness, and so on. Nowadays you could call one of the tasks "changing your programming." Again, just one of many things that are said to be the case. I'm not condoning it, but there's no way I'm doing the opposite.
edit on 22-1-2013 by robhines because: added part

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Logarock

If god killed them back then for not worshiping him then why do we not see the same thing today? Half the world's population doesn't believe in Yahweh, so where is he to smite these people now?

Maybe he doesn't do it because we have faster access to information than ever before and to claim "god" did it would seem ridiculous to anyone who read about it while it was happening. Is it only a coincidence that all these mass murders Yahweh committed were done for the Israelites benefit? The guys who "supposedly" made a pact with god have become some of the most powerful people in the world. There reach has even stretched across the Atlantic into U.S. politics, shaping policy by bribing politicians to pass a bill or law that benefits them and them alone.

Dont forget that he ended up killing off most of the Israelites when they turned on him at that time. He warned them that after they went into the land that if they ended up like to people that were there before, that they would get the same treatment.

God makes it clear that he suffers no moral conundrum.....if he gave it life he can take its life.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Or Israel just lost the fight. I assume you're talking about the battle between Abijah and Jeroboam? The bible clearly states that Abijah was on top of a mountain when the battle started, meaning he had the tactical advantage. Jeroboam came up from behind them, coming UP the mountain. God didn't kill the Israelites, good war tactics did.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Ahhh you mean the top of the heap?

The top is the bottom revisited.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Dont forget that he ended up killing off most of the Israelites when they turned on him at that time. He warned them that after they went into the land that if they ended up like to people that were there before, that they would get the same treatment. God makes it clear that he suffers no moral conundrum.....if he gave it life he can take its life.

Thing is, he didn't. He (Yahweh) had the Israelites do his killing for him.

Ezekiel 4 and the Lord said to him, “Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it.” 5 To the others He said in my hearing, “Go after him through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have any pity. 6 Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary.” So they began with the elders who were before the temple. 7 Then He said to them, “Defile the temple, and fill the courts with the slain. Go out!” And they went out and killed in the city.

Deuteronomy 13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: 13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

If Yahweh brought about the flood to kill all living things because of his distaste, and he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah by fire by himself, and was able to kill all the Egyptian's first born without help. why did he need simple tribal people to go out and murder in his name?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am talking about the destruction under/durring Jeremiah and Ezekiel.

The language in Jeremiah is the strongest found anywhere in the bible. Both prophets detail how bad it was going to be and was.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ihavenoaccount

Had to star this, not sure why but I couldn't stop laughing. I do love this forum.

In hind sight it was Probably the way I spelled except [accept]

I get sloppy sometimes.
edit on 22-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I don't know how long I've been cycling through this tricky trap-door, but what I'll say is that eventually you just get tired because the top is again the bottom.

Who's that guy in Hades that rolls the boulder up the hill only to have it fall back down to the bottom again? Eternally, in a cycle that never breaks. It's all a trap.

Eventually, the only thing you can do is refuse to do the same thing over and over and over again.

Not refuse.... but give up.

Give up your power to know... because the monkey puzzle is unanswerable....

Only then.... may there be hope....

How many cycles of time do you want to spend searching, only to be UTTERLY smashed into bits over and over and over again?

Samsara.... Hell...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Probably because this god was no god at all, but a king who payed handsomely for pillaging and taking over towns. You can't expand your territory if you don't take over any towns and slaughter their people and a king can't do it by himself, he's got to have an army to do it for him.

edit on 22-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

We are eternally torn apart upon the wheel.

Humpty dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses and all the kings men.... could not put humpty dumpty back together again.

"...but first, you have to die..."

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Dont forget that he ended up killing off most of the Israelites when they turned on him at that time. He warned them that after they went into the land that if they ended up like to people that were there before, that they would get the same treatment. God makes it clear that he suffers no moral conundrum.....if he gave it life he can take its life.

Thing is, he didn't. He (Yahweh) had the Israelites do his killing for him.

See, you are not even reading what I said. I said most....like 2/3rds. And yea He had the Israelites do just a whole heck of a lot of killing. And then he had the nations around there come in and kill off most of the Israelites and drag the rest off to other places.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So that's all fine and dandy that god ordered the killing of thousands of innocent people, young and old? You don't think that's evil? Not even a little bit?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
God must be horribly patient.

I say that because I went through my own 'Gnostic' phase (it came directly after my Gordon Lightfoot, red-vines phase) and I managed to not get struck down by plague or lightning, so I was left with the impression that God is eternally patient.

He would have to be, with kids like this.

What I think is a little funny, is the way that people characterize 'Yahweh'. You know, how sometimes couples will have a dog and when the dog is being good, neither partner will mind claiming the pet as their own, but then when the dog craps on the floor, they are all, "Look what your dog did on the carpet."

So, something great happens and He is "The gracious Lord of Hosts", but Thailand gets tanked and he is the Archon-weilding demiurge, Yaldabaoth.

How'd we get so fickle on God?

It was institutionalized by neo-Platonists who were looking to characterize the world's ills, just as this thread is attempting to do, approximately 1800 years later. As I pointed out, Plotinus tried to correct them with the remarkably cogent argument presented in what would become known as his Enneads. But he failed and neo-Platonism evolved to become Magick and the western mystery traditions. That's right, all of western magick (so-called) is suffused with this mistake.

Did you know that Crowley completely ripped off Epictetus and Epicurus?

The thing that you folks need to know, is that none of these assholes ever imagined that there would be a Google, that people would use to sort out their plagiarisms.

Here, look, it will take some comparative reading (hermeneutics), but if you want to see how these guys all cannibalized each other start with Origen. He was more popular than a rockstar, and his stuff was all based on Greek and Roman emanationist thought that was hijacked and re-popularized by Origen.

People, in a very large way, what you are seeing is literary warfare, not spiritual warfare.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Xoanon because: pissing in the wind

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Probably because this god was no god at all, but a king who payed handsomely for pillaging and taking over towns. You can't expand your territory if you don't take over any towns and slaughter their people and a king can't do it by himself, he's got to have an army to do it for him.

edit on 22-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

The problem with this is that the whole nation saw God.....they knew it wasnt the fiction of the kings. Oh they had some fiction its true, but the people saw Gods hand....first hand.

Now i am just telling you this so you get the story strait for the stories sake. Believe it or not is your bizz.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And you know this how? From the people who did the killing? The winner writes history, remember that. What better way to cover their own asses than telling people that god told them to do it? It can't possibly be evil or wrong if god ordered it, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Hahahaha we're all coming out of the woodwork now!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So that's all fine and dandy that god ordered the killing of thousands of innocent people, young and old? You don't think that's evil? Not even a little bit?

No, not even a little bit. God doesnt have moral conundrums like men do.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

Yes, you are.

There's part of me that wants to help, but if P couldn't pull it off, I am realizing that I am not going to have snowball's chance in Dis either.

That's OK, I would like to do a thread helping you all dig your way out of this. But I had to dig myself out, that may be the case for everyone.

Remember, if it ever gets really confusing, just rest assured that the key you are looking for to go further is in the same material you are reading.

If there is no paradox, you are lost, as you need the paradox to get un-lost. Haz fun!

P.S. Oops, strike that, I never could have dug my way out on my own, it required the input and presence of others with a philosophical bent. The dialectic can seldom be raised by one and I had a great deal of help. From a girl that's smarter than me.

So, I had lots of help.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Xoanon because:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
No I understand perfectly. The paradox destroys itself and can no longer function as a circuit.

You blow your own mind.... then you give up....

You can't intellectually get out of thy heap eternal.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

And you know this how? From the people who did the killing? The winner writes history, remember that. What better way to cover their own asses than telling people that god told them to do it? It can't possibly be evil or wrong if god ordered it, right?

Well now listen to the bible expert. Knows more than most even. And this is all you can come up with.

Well if the winner writes history than why did they record their own a## kicking with such detail? Why did they faithfully maintain the records of their own failings, filth and Gods slaughtering of them? God even made someone go back down to Egypt and publish how the same God that punished them was now going to punish the Israelites. You know Just to show he was a well rounded God and had set ways of doing things for eveybody.

You dont seem to understand who it is were are talking about here. If he says let my people go.....you better let them go friend. If he says this is the way I am and I am now going to judge my own people with death and distruction then dont get in the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join