It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh = Satan. They have you worshiping evil.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AntoniusBlock

It's not evil.
Next you're going to say he's Satan himself.

News Flash! You've already been led to the evil one and worship him. No, I don't mean a guy with a pitchfork, I mean the church.

I just want to pick people like you up and just SHAKE you until you come to your senses and snap out of it! How is someone telling you to love one another evil? You're so backwards it's sad.
edit on 22-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

I've had similar thoughts for a long time, but I don't believe that Lucifer is the good guy. Just in the last few days, I started digging into the issue of satanic ritual abuse and such, and witnesses/victims all say that in the initiates in the secret orders all sooner or later learn that the "lightbringer" they worshiped is actually none other than Satan, but by the time they find out, it's too late to get out.

In the Gnostic texts, Jesus says that Yahweh is actually a lower-level minion of Yaldabaoth (=Satan), who was put on the Earth to lord it over the people.

Interestingly, when you read the OT and NT of the Bible, in the OT the name "Yahweh" is mentioned some 7,000 times, I believe, whereas in the New Testament, I couldn't find any mention by Jesus of the name Yahweh. So I believe there's an "uber-god," a godhead who is indeed loving and caring, but he/it is so incomprehensible that he cannot be personified, really. Yahweh is not that god. He's just a lowly minion of Satan himself.

(Sorry if I'm repeating something that's been said before -- didn't have time to read all 28 pages.)
edit on 22-1-2013 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth11

Dude I've done mushrooms. Nothing but confused hallucinations and delusions.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Please stop doing drugs.

I say this as your friend.

You're going to have a big crash and burn pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jurassicTruth

Agreed! I too believe.....well...i know because the book says so. We will never find it if we keep looking for it through something MAN created (religion). Too many religions too many obscured views that pull us away from the truth.
edit on 22-1-2013 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: misspelled word

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I am a former christian fundamentalist.

I agree!

Somebody switched the names. The bible is mostly about the devil. Replace "God" with "Satan". Maybe this isn't true for all passages. And I think the devil is not all powerful. The devil is us.

Not trying to create flames. Not trying to offend anyone. I'm not a christian hater. Not an atheist. Am agnostic. I lack trust for everyone and nobody is immune to my cynicism.

edit on 22-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima

Dude I've done mushrooms. Nothing but confused hallucinations and delusions.

You can't take your own experience of something and think it also applies to everyone else. Many will have probably experienced the opposite to what you did.
edit on 22-1-2013 by robhines because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Very well put. I personally think it's quite obvious who this Yahweh guy is, taking into account how many people he killed and all the babies he slaughtered. The problem is, those who worship him are so thoroughly indoctrinated and in fear of hell that they refuse to see it, no matter what kind of evidence is presented.

The thing about Yahweh is, in this context, when he shows up to kick ass he cant be stoped. And Mr "Bringer of the Dawn" gets his punk a## out of the way. If Dawn man is so smart why does he always provoke folks to get Yahweh upset?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Mankind is truly fallen when they're always looking for shortcuts.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

If god is all-powerful then why does he need our worship? Seems a bit dumb for him to get mad at a few people not believing in him, don't you think?

Even if Satan did trick the people Yahweh killed, Yahweh still allowed them to be tricked. With his unlimited power, I'm sure he could have avoided the whole situation pretty easily if he wanted to, but I guess he likes pillaging and killing more than helping, huh?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Let me be perfectly frank:

THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS!

We're here for the long run.

Impatient farmers bare poison fruit.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Abandoning christianity and the whole religious thing doesn't give us license to become murderers and thieves. The golden rule still applies. We still must follow the laws and be responsible.

People change. But the fact that we follow rules and have to be stern about discipline and need to work together peacefully has not changed. That will never change, no matter what you believe.

I don't believe the things I do now because I think I can freely steal and envy and reject right for wrong and so on. I came to a point where I couldn't sincerely believe the bible anymore.

Whatever character faults I have that were with me before are still with me. I am still a sinner. I still make bad choices. The differences is I don't believe a God will strike me down for eternity. IF I become a bad person, I will inevitably either be driven onto the streets or I will be arrested and put into prison. I will die a lonely man. You see, we govern ourselves. We do a fairly good job of it. No, we're not perfect. We make wars. We steal from each other. "Good" people do nothing as badness spreads. We murder. We ignore hte plight of others when we should help. We lie to ourselves and to others. We do many things. But we also try to make right what was wrong. We try to correct for our frailties. We try to govern to ensure we have a chance at a decent life. You might think of the scene at the end of the Abyss movie. He's shown movies of how bad humans are. And he cries out that humans aren't all bad. They do good too, he says. He pleads for them to have mercy.
edit on 22-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

Thanks for that information! Any place I could read more on this?

So it appears that the facts are in plain sight for anyone who wants them... Yahweh was originally an entity of evil (wickedness), and his minions have gotten most to believe hes an entity of good.

I guess that pretty much confirms my OP.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

In the context of the OP, I do not think Yahweh is a creator,
That makes sense and I agree with you here in that Yahweh is not the creator.

I use "Satan" more as the personification of evil rather than in the ancient way as the adversary.
I feel that it is important to understand the original meaning of the words being use especially in this case. We are using the Bible to form our discussion and therefore we should use this same text to define the words we are using. The original meaning of satan, in this instance, has been altered to mean something other than what it was initially intended for. If we were to define other words such as Yahweh we will find that it has a similar meaning to the names Elohim and Jehovah. They all mean gods/goddesses (plural, hermaphrodite). These words also have been altered from their original meaning.

I feel that the "personification of evil", as you put it, is a construct of human imagination. Evil and Good does not exist in nature, we make it up in our minds.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If god is all-powerful then why does he need our worship? Seems a bit dumb for him to get mad at a few people not believing in him, don't you think?

Even if Satan did trick the people Yahweh killed, Yahweh still allowed them to be tricked. With his unlimited power, I'm sure he could have avoided the whole situation pretty easily if he wanted to, but I guess he likes pillaging and killing more than helping, huh?

No it doesnt seem dumb to me anyway. And really its not like hes killed off the billions that dont worship him to this day. According to Him, he feeds them and gives them breath and they still go on as if hes not real and yet he has not wiped them out from being a people or nation.

What is not considered here is that the story reads......that He made a deal with the Israelites and their forefathers. Thus the history. He said through one of the prophets that "only you of all the nations of the earth have I known". He also said that if he had shown himself to some other nation they would not have gone south on him. He even said that he takes no pleasure in killing and destruction.....but under certain conditions he will do it anyway, for other reason than pleasure. There is far more to this story, even if one isnt buying it, than has been allowed in this thread.

Some of you and certainly the OP should bone up a bit on the stated nature of the relationship, again, even if you dont buy the story. At least be able to talk about it above a very elementary level.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not sure if I agree with OP on YHVH being Satan, though it's unkind for a god to set up a trap like that. But that isn't even all that important because Moses was clearly not an eyewitness to Creation and the Garden of Eden, nor was the historical account of such given in a line-by-line literal detail. It's amazing how many people want Genesis to be an exact, literal blow by blow.

What I can better grasp is the New Testament where, like OP mentioned, Jesus taught the ideals of LOVE and encouraged followers to lead lives of LOVE. Jesus never taught anyone to hate their neighbor or esteem themselves more special because they're associated with the Son of God.

That heresy came in with "St." Paul who established the divisions that neutered the teachings of Christ. Paul, in my opinion, is Satan. Satan swooped in and sabotaged Christianity from the very early days. Admittedly, Paul says a lot of beautiful, God-loving things, but he also sets forth the seeds of division, hate, qualifications, and enslavement mentality.

Paul was a Roman Citizen, and possibly a high-level rabbi, with political connections and obligations. Politically, his teachings successfully suppressed further Jewish uprisings (ended their continual revolt against the Romans) in Judea. Paul did this by teaching Judaism Lite via his version of Christianity. This changed their works of salvation, which cut them off from their god... and weakened them all-round.

The Christian church was used as a political mechanism for the first couple hundred years, but only as a controllable movement (Thanks St. Paul!). Until Emperor Constantine sent his whipping boys (Eusebius) to the Council of Nicea where they had to come up with a doctrine and official cannon that best supported Constantine's continued reign and power. At none of this time was the will of the bishops to capture God's Truth in the Bible.

Still today, we have giant organized churches where people go to "be" a Christian in name, but there's very little love seen in their lives beyond Sunday. Yet, there are people who get the message of Christ's LOVE who don't go to churches and live an imitation of Christ's footsteps.

I think Satan sabotaged the "Church" with teachings that defy the red-letter words of Jesus... who was a liberator not an enslaver.

The Gnostics might have wrote some crazy stories, but they got the message of LOVE correctly in every letter. Somehow, St. Paul (and the Apostles he strong-armed) wrote the anti-Love.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If god killed them back then for not worshiping him then why do we not see the same thing today? Half the world's population doesn't believe in Yahweh, so where is he to smite these people now?

Maybe he doesn't do it because we have faster access to information than ever before and to claim "god" did it would seem ridiculous to anyone who read about it while it was happening. Is it only a coincidence that all these mass murders Yahweh committed were done for the Israelites benefit? The guys who "supposedly" made a pact with god have become some of the most powerful people in the world. There reach has even stretched across the Atlantic into U.S. politics, shaping policy by bribing politicians to pass a bill or law that benefits them and them alone.

If you think I have an elementary knowledge of the bible, you should probably take a look at my post history. My knowledge is far from elementary my friend, in fact I probably know more about the bible than most who claim to believe in it. A large portion of Christians either have never read the bible consistently enough to have a clear understanding of it and only listen to their pastors interpretation and take it as fact, or they haven't read it at all and still believe it.

I had a Christian come into a thread not too long ago claiming that the gospels were all written by eyewitness accounts, which is not true, yet they "understood" the bible enough to claim it is fact and the word of god. Really?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

The MOST irresponsible thing a person can do is to tell people that drugs are any sort of path to enlightenment or God.
You have a very sick sense of responsibility if you feel this is the most irresponsible thing anyone could do. You also show a complete lack of understanding of entheogens. While you’re at it why not define the word “Drugs” and restate your post.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

psychodelics have been used for thousand of years by shamans and their people.It is where religion gets the roots
This should never be taken lightly. There is a wrong way to use psychedelics which can be very harmful. One should be very careful when dealing with these types of things!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

But that's what Satan wants you to think! That the god of the bible is Satan so that he can take credit for the killings of god. He's jealous of god because he's killed more people than him, that's it!

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join