A contrast in how liberals and conservatives regard each other.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

It's interesting how these sites name themselves. The "Conservative" site refers to themselves as such, while the "liberal" site refers to themselves as "rational". What a f***ing laugh. An outright lie right at the top of every page.

The language of the sites speak for themselves. I am not trolling or being divisive. I am simply presenting the evidence.

edit on 21-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
Okay, I've got to say, my first post was made in jest as the OP had an empty space when I clicked on the thread.
However, I find myself in agreement with the OP in a great many of his other posts I've seen here on ATS.

We do need to stop the bitter back and forth between liberal vs conservative.

Mike, I agree. The reason that I started this thread was to SHOW people how divisive the left is compared with Conservatives. This is not something I am making up. Read the sites. Do some searches on there and READ what they publish.

I would probably troll the crap out of this thread if I were a freaking communist, too, but it is right there in black and white for you to see. Look at the language, people. Imagine having two friends - one who used language like Conservapedia, and another who used language like Rational Wiki. I'm not even talking about the subject matter, I am talking about the LANGUAGE used. The manner in which they regard others whom they define as opposition. Who would you want to hang with? Who would you get tired of hearing, constantly calling other people the worst names you can think of?

This is a good illustration of why I am sick and tired of dealing with left wingers and their complete lack of decorum.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Not sure with whom to attribute this to, there are many variations.

But the common thread is this;

"Liberals see conservatives as evil, conservatives see liberals as wrong."

Conservative ideology is based on self, personal responsibility, personal growth, personal resources.

Liberal ideology is based on hate. In order for a liberal to exist, it must need an enemy. Be it smoking, eating meat, the wealthy, Caucasians, gun-owners etal.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
ATS is becoming a conservative echo chamber. There aren't any real left wing views on this site. ANOK, sticks out for his almost uniqueness on this site. The rest is mostly conservative talking points.

The left is viewed with a certain suspicion by most damn right hatred by many. Of course this is just my own opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Where to even start? First Liberal isn't Left... it is center. RationalWiki isn't Liberal per se, it is Atheist... their 'target' is the Religious Right not necessarily Conservatives. That said, it is pretty well trash as is Conservapedia. Both sites essentially exist to demonize a specific group.

As Pinke pointed out, it's a comparison of trolls

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Conservative ideology is based on self, personal responsibility, personal growth, personal resources.

Liberal ideology is based on hate. In order for a liberal to exist, it must need an enemy. Be it smoking, eating meat, the wealthy, Caucasians, gun-owners etal.

How can you even say that with a straight face? Both ideologies have a defined enemy and SOME maybe even most within both view the other as evil. In actuality both are largely the same only separated by a few issues, most of which come under only two categories, social justice and religion.

Both grow government whether they mean to or not, both favor authority while simultaneously screaming about loss of liberty.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

How can you even say that with a straight face? Both ideologies have a defined enemy and SOME maybe even most within both view the other as evil. In actuality both are largely the same only separated by a few issues, most of which come under only two categories, social justice and religion.

Both grow government whether they mean to or not, both favor authority while simultaneously screaming about loss of liberty.

I will admit that it may been a bit harsh. But I see conservatism as a life choice and liberalism as a "movement".

Another way of saying it is, conservatism is like eating meat. If you do? Fine. If not? Fine also. It's an individual choice that requires no other person(s) to develop it.

Liberalism is a movement. It is more of a political orientation. It is a "pole" of a magnet, thus requiring another, opposite pole.

I have many friends that are politically liberal, but are conservative. There is no "cookie-cutter" shape for a conservative. I'm anti-abortion, but pro gay marriage. I'm all for the legislation in Oregon and Colorado, yet hate higher taxes.

Liberalism is more rigid in it's definition and requirements.

Again, no source, just a humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

What rubbish .. on both websites!

I am going to TOTALLY ignore such fan based faptastic crap!

But i shall compare liberals and conservatives using another method.

It is this simple ...

In a perfect world aka civilized society ... there is NO REASONS to be liberal ... as ONLY THE DEVIL would want to change heaven.

In an imperfect world aka uncivilized society ... there is NO REASONS to be conservative ... as ONLY THE DEVIL wouldn't want hell to change.

Obviously the test for what anyones view SHOULD be ... is whether the society is civilized or not!

If it is .. then all liberals can go away!

If it isn't ... then all conservatives can go away!

Personal Disclosure: I am fine to destroy with physical violence those who are found to be politically wrong on the issue of are we fully civilized or not!

The loosers in this debate need to be shot ... quikly and publicly!

[edit]Because aint nobody got time for their BS![edit]

OL bets that anyone who accurrately asseses the USA would find it to not be the perfect society ... so there is no point in conserving what clearly doesn't work.

This frees the rest of us up to do what we want with no remorse to the DEVILS!

edit on 21-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix gramma and to add the edit.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Another way of saying it is, conservatism is like eating meat. If you do? Fine. If not? Fine also. It's an individual choice that requires no other person(s) to develop it.

Funny you chose that analogy because I'm vegetarian but not a liberal lol. Tell a Conservative that you don't eat meat and they ask you straight up, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I can personally testify to that being fact as well as the inevitable tirade of how I can't tell anyone how to live their life or feed their family that follows when I've said nothing more than "I'm a vegetarian".

edit on 21-1-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Funny you chose that analogy because I'm vegetarian but not a liberal lol. Tell a Conservative that you don't eat meat and they ask you straight up, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I can personally testify to that being fact as well as the inevitable tirade of how I can't tell anyone how to live their life or feed their family that follows when I've said nothing more than "I'm a vegetarian".

Damn Hippy!

I use the meat analogy because I was once accosted in a store for wearing a leather coat by someone who shouted, "Did you kill that yourself?"

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Many conservatives (ironically enough) thinks it's okay to hunt an animal to extinction or lay out traps that harm other species besides their prey possibly even endangered ones, they think it's okay to exploit rain forest lands by stripping them to create grazing lands for beef... "because God gave me the right to prosper and provide for my family". Their heart may be in the right place with wanting to provide but they fail to realize that they may be hurting others ability to provide for their families.

Many liberals (ironically enough) don't think it is okay to do whatever you feel like doing because that can hurt the environment and other people. They will use sad stories and horrific images to turn people against hunting, they will propose laws that restrict hunting and decimation of lands. Their heart may be in the right place with wanting to conserve nature for the future but they fail to realize that they often go too far which hurts the hunter that doesn't want to depend on retail to feed their family.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Conservatives, exploitation.
Liberals, legislation.

You may have somewhat of a point.

(beezzer states begrudgingly)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Libertarians get it right for the most part I think as both Left and Right Libertarians believe in reasonable conservation (sticking with our analogy).
edit on 21-1-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Mike U.
Okay, I've got to say, my first post was made in jest as the OP had an empty space when I clicked on the thread.
However, I find myself in agreement with the OP in a great many of his other posts I've seen here on ATS.

We do need to stop the bitter back and forth between liberal vs conservative.

Mike, I agree. The reason that I started this thread was to SHOW people how divisive the left is compared with Conservatives. This is not something I am making up. Read the sites. Do some searches on there and READ what they publish.

I would probably troll the crap out of this thread if I were a freaking communist, too, but it is right there in black and white for you to see. Look at the language, people. Imagine having two friends - one who used language like Conservapedia, and another who used language like Rational Wiki. I'm not even talking about the subject matter, I am talking about the LANGUAGE used. The manner in which they regard others whom they define as opposition. Who would you want to hang with? Who would you get tired of hearing, constantly calling other people the worst names you can think of?

This is a good illustration of why I am sick and tired of dealing with left wingers and their complete lack of decorum.

And, I agree with you. I also understand your feelings. I've been there, and, am currently in a state of flux as to whether it would be worth extending the olive branch to a group of people I see as arrogant, petulant, spoiled children. Your examples demonstrate that nicely.
My dealings with many leftists, leaves me with a bitter taste.
I live, not far from, the University of Florida. This area is overrun with college kids. A great many of them are indoctrinated, since kindergarten, into the leftist mentality, oh so thoughtfully provided, by our public school system. Many of these people skipped straight through liberal, and, went full bore leftist.

They are easy to spot. When engaged in conversation, just express your own opinion. If it isn't in lockstep with theirs, watch as their body language changes. When they perceive you are conservative, watch, and listen, as the negative emotions grow. They believe themselves to be tolerant, but, these are the most intolerant people I've ever had the misfortune of engaging in conversation.
Now, everything I've just written in the preceding paragraph, also applies to the far right wingers. I know. (I used to be in that camp before drifting back towards the center). Anyway, point out that intolerance to a group of both, and, watch a mini-riot ensue.
These are not the people we need to work with. The vast majority of people in this country hover around the political center. Those are the people that need to be brought together for the common good of our nation. Somehow, we need to put the petty party differences aside, and, wake up to the fact that we are being deliberately divided, and prepped, for the slaughterhouse of Civil War.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike U.

Mike U ... I suspect perhaps you're meeting out spoken and rude people and assuming they're liberals or leftists or whatever you want to call them, when in fact you're meeting out spoken rude people?

You've not really going to be on the receiving end of out spoken rude people who agree with you that often, so it's easy to demonize the opposition that way ... but frankly most people I know simply wouldn't start conversations like that rudely with a stranger on both sides of the fence.

Just things to think about.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

I should have explained myself better.
I see liberals, and, leftists as two distinct categories. Same with the right wing.
Liberals are closer to the center of the political spectrum. I've met many nice liberals. Respectable people with a different point of view. Not difficult to talk to at all. My favorite niece is a liberal. I know, I'm not technically supposed to have favorites, but, I can't help it. (Sssshhh! don't tell anyone, because, I have 26 nieces, and, nephews. Keep it between us, okay?) She is unique in ways I really like. Intelligent, articulate, and, engaging, with a great sense of humor. She lives and works in D.C. for a lobbying organization. We have some spirited conversations. I frequently walk away with something to think about. She does too.
Leftists, on the other hand, are extreme far left people. The one's I've met are 'my way or the highway' types. With glaring character flaws outlined in my previous post.
Perhaps you are right, and, I've just met some rude ones.
They have certainly left me thinking "Wow...why bother?".

Same thing with fascist far right wingers. I am conservative. However, I don't care so much about many of the issues that keep those folks on a slow simmer 24/7. Well, I do have a pet issue, that being, The Second Amendment. I'm convinced all of the other liberties we enjoy, and, take for granted, hinge on that one amendment to one degree or another.
Anyway, they are really no different than the leftists as far as glaring character flaws go. 'My way or the highway' kind of people. They can be as rude as the other far end of the political spectrum. I've found many to be 'holier than thou' types. You might know the type, "If you don't believe the Earth is 6000 years old, I'm wasting my time talking to you". HUH?! I need that like I need another heart attack.
There is just no working with these people. They are indoctrinated, hook, line, and, sinker. Close minded, and, arrogant in their belief systems.

I don't want to live in an America governed by either of those two extreme sides of the political spectrum.
Sounds like evil incarnate either way.

Most Americans fall between those two extremes. It's those people who are going to have the greatest impact as to whether this nation survives as a free nation, or, falls into full bore totalitarianism.
I find, those folks are the most reasonable, and, level headed. Those folks are our best bet for making this country work the way it was intended. Nobody gets everything they want. Perhaps, that would be heaven? But, at least we'll all have the freedom to pursue happiness, and, enjoy our lives.

I hope this makes sense. I'm typing through a bit of a drug haze. I've aggravated an old back injury earlier today, making heavy analgesics a necessity. Right now, it's hard to keep a train of thought without it being derailed.
If not, I'll try again tomorrow. g'night!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Apparently, satire is lost on you.

Conservatives serve an useful role.

They're excellent (sic) comedians, especially when they mix ignorance, racism and nationalism into their little rants.
edit on Tue Jan 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Indeed. Satire is a gift bestowed upon humans. However, young/authoritarian minded minds often don't "get it", taking it literally and seriously. I remember young Far Left authoritarian leaders who would completely miss satire bestowed on them by other lefties. Thank God for the rise of the authoritarian right in recent decades, for they helped usher in an era of supreme political satire.

BTW here's Bill Clinton from rationalwiki :

The author Toni Morrison once quipped that Clinton the first black affirmative action president.[7] However, this is not the case. Bill Clinton is the first U.S President to admit under oath to masturbating in the Oval Office.
edit on 22-1-2013 by desert because: clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Apparently, satire is lost on you.

Conservatives serve an useful role.

They're excellent (sic) comedians, especially when they mix ignorance, racism and nationalism into their little rants.

LoL wait wait wait..........SO Chris Rock......along with a miraid of other black left wing comedians, with their rants on white people etc...........arent considered racist.......

Yet any comedian thats conservative is?

Please start naming the conservative comedians and their racist commentary.......

Cause i have all day to start posting youtube videos on here of left leaning comedians and their racially charged skits.......

Not to mention the rappers who fall under this guise as well.....

Sorry man , but your post was not thought out...........

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike U.

No, you mostly make sense, Mike.

I just worry sometimes. I've been called things like radical leftist feminist psychopath recently soooo am not sure. It just seems that in America especially at the moment there is this huge attack against 'leftism' which I find odd since America doesn't seem to be full of it.

I guess I don't understand where it comes from, and why there is always this 'look what leftist crazy stuff I found this week!' 'gloating stuff going on. I guess it can be the same with people pointing at crazy religious types, but what's the point on talking about these extreme people?

They're in a minority, yet people want to debate them because they're an easy target.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join