Heavy Fines for Littering?

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My total and utter hate,is people who drop litter.I take great pleasure in following people who i have witnessed do this and handing them their crap back with the comment "sorry you appear to have dropped this,im sure it was just a mistake and your not a completley retarded idiot with no respect for your planet or the other living things on it?" (well i dont actually say all that but thats what im thinking) and fourtunatley with me being quite muscular and tall they normally apologise and take it back sheepishley.
Young and old,they all do it-i know some countries have a fines system for this but i would like to see exceptionally heavy ones imposed,living in europe i think it should be minimum 300e,Extreme? you bet-how many people would risk doing this again once they had,had to fork out?
It wont matter how many "goverment awareness" adverts are shown unless you get tough some people simply dont care.
It doesnt take a lot to do a little something to try and prevent the ongoing problem of polluting are planet-i think this would be a great way of throwing the world pollution problem right in the publics faces at a basic level that even young children can understand.
Any one else thing this is over the top,or do you agree?

Regards.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The fine for littering in the US is $1,000. I think that's pretty heavy.

The problem is, it's rarely enforced.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
OMG! Someone that believes as I do on this! I think it's terrible! It irks me to know end to irresponsible idiots throwing trash out the the car window! When my kids were little...the would do such a thing just once....I'd pull the car over and make then pick it up, nad try to teach them that is everyone did that there wold be piles of trash everywhere! It's sad that this thread has so little replies....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
how about biodegradeable trash?

let's not forget the fido fritters [a.k.a. dog poop]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
how about biodegradeable trash?

let's not forget the fido fritters [a.k.a. dog poop]

It amazes me....we take one of the most biodegradable things in the world....excrement...and put it in plastic....so it'll last forever....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I absolutely agree with you LadyV. It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here are 2 links to all U.S.A. state litter laws:

www.litterbutt.com...

www.ncedr.org...

In Louisiana, a person can now be fined for tossing a cigarette
butt out their car _

Louisiana fines are:

1st conviction: $500 to $1000 + 8 hrs. community service (cleaning
up litter).

2nd conviction: $1000 to $2,500 + 24 hrs. community service.

3rd conviction: $1,500 to $5000 + a 1 yr. suspension of drivers license,
+ up to 30 days in jail, or a sentence of 48 to 100 hrs. community service.

Additionally, convicted litterbugs must repair/restore damaged property, or pay for damages, and pay investigative expenses & costs.

Louisiana's 24 hr. toll free phone number to report litterbugs is:

Ph: 1-888-LITRBUG

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the information aWoman,i really like the idea of being able to ring up and report a litterbug,i knowits very extreme but if your not the sort of person who drops litter then youve got zero to worry about? whats so frustrating about the whole affair is that it only takes the minimum amount of time to place your litter in a bin but many people see this as a hassle or use that crappy cop out line that "Some one gets paid to clean it up" that really,really annoys me-go louisiana!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
When my kids were little...the would do such a thing just once....I'd pull the car over and make then pick it up, nad try to teach them that is everyone did that there wold be piles of trash everywhere! It's sad that this thread has so little replies....

I did the same thing, LadyV. My daughter hasn't done it in some time, she's learned that it's not right and comments on how other people are inconsiderate and polluting the earth with their garbage.
More kids need to learn this.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
For those of you intrested in what the local coucils in the uk have to follow as "litter" guidelines,ive found this link-un fourtunatley its pathetically weak compared to what you guys in the U.S. have

www.crewe-nantwich.gov.uk...

join