It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anamolous cloud formation & strange spiral contrails.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Z32Driver

The one for the Navy also isn't for chemtrails. It's a way to make towed targets and their carrier aircraft visible. A towed target doesn't have an engine, so there is no heat source to vaporize oil to create a smoke trail. That makes it hard to see for the ship to shoot at sometimes. This way would leave a trail to allow them to see where the target it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Nice observation!
Cant believe i missed that...

But.. whose to say that this "low in cost and readily available" is used exclusively for making targets as visible as possible?
Sure, I don't have another link showing its being done for temp mitigation or whatever (reading all day, too tired to continue finding proof tonight) ..it seems like it'd be awfully easy to do tho. Just my opinion.

"The term "contrail" was adopted for convenience in identifying the visible powder trail of this invention."
This is a interesting claim though don't you think!?
I've been getting slightly flamed "Its just contrails blah blah blah" this whole time!
If this claim is true (navy patent seems legit enough for me) then

Thanks for your continued input everyone!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Z32Driver

Yeah, but they used it because it looks similar to a contrail, but can't be called a contrail. A contrail is caused by engine exhaust. Since there's no engine exhaust involved, it's not a contrail.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z32Driver
reply to post by Zaphod58

"The term "contrail" was adopted for convenience in identifying the visible powder trail of this invention."
This is a interesting claim though don't you think!?

interesting in what way?

It is explaining a term used.....so no, I dont' see it as interesting somuch as explanatory. Explainations are generally a good think since htey increase understanding.

I've been getting slightly flamed "Its just contrails blah blah blah" this whole time!
If this claim is true (navy patent seems legit enough for me) then

it is not a "claim" - it is a statement.

They know it is not a contrail in the normal sense and specifically say as much.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join