It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another shooting, more anti-gun spin.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
From FOX News of all places:

Link

Pay close attention to this paragraph:

Investigators also were seeking to determine who owned several guns that were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle.

Several guns were found in the home. They didn't say where they were found, but the spin doctor of this story feels that it is important enough to mention that one was a "military-style rifle". Was this the gun used? I doubt it, or they would actually say that and try blaming the "assault rifle" and not the kid.

Really getting tired of this kind of demonization of the kind of guns that the government want to take away. So transparent what is happening.

Note to add: This is an AP story that Fox is running. AP is of course another left-wing propagandist.

edit on 20-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
dont you think its interesting as they are all the sudden tryingn to push these laws through all quick like, that we have this huge rash of shootings all over so close together, back to back, as if to say the world is going crazy with guns we have to get them out of the hands of the common folks now!!!

It seems a little suspect to me that we are having so many shootings right now that are going big news.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Interesting indeed. But again, they will say anything and do anything, even if it's illegal.

More spin from Rueters:

SANTA FE, New Mexico (Reuters) - A teenage boy with several weapons including an assault rifle shot and killed five people, three of them children, at a house in Albuquerque, New Mexico, authorities said on Sunday.

Damn, they just CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES, can they?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I agree that I think there is an agenda here with the multiple stories of shootings and gun control legislation.

There is already a thread about this particular event here.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

According to the Brady Campaign mass shootings are a regular occurance. Why we're getting increased coverage of it? People love to hear about it.

It's not conspiratorial, it's business. I'm sure the gun sales in New Mexico will increase because of this.

The anti-gun crowd will demand action be taken to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people.
The pro-gun crowd will insist that nothing would've stopped this from happening and that you should buy more guns because of what the anti-gun crowd is saying.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Dude, you're reading way too much into it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Traitors in America have become quite fond of their "military-style rifle" buzzwords which they use to strike fear in those ignorant of firearms.

Traitors also like to use children to help achieve their acts of Treason against The People of America.

All these efforts on their part, yet nowhere is a real solution being discussed by them that will actually protect our children. Their discussions point to no other agenda than that of Traitors trying to disarm We The People.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Howe many people would he, or could he, have killed without access to guns?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ResistTreason

Lets not get overexcited.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hmm. I'm not really convinced by the thread,
but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more events that were media-crazy towards the ban of guns.

After all, the O-man is a sneaky snake.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Do not mourn for me if i die by the gun. The Second Amendment has afforded me, my ancestors and my children freedom for centuries. Better that i lived my life free than a slave to tyranny. Better that i enjoyed a brief time of freedom than a lifetime of servitude. The few that have died because we have the Second Amendment to protect our Constitution and freedom for all pale in comparison to the multitude that came before us and died so that their children could enjoy freedom and prosperity. I will not forget their sacrifice, nor will i shame their memory by giving up the Second Amendment so that a few will find comfort knowing that only criminals and government officials possess guns.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Dude, I am reading nothing into it. I am reading and quoting the actual news story. The actual words - the mention of an assault weapon. What other weapons or weapon types were there? What was the murder weapon? Where is THAT information? Doesn't matter, does it because there was an "assault rifle" somewhere in the mix and that's all the media cares about - demonizing those.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
Hmm. I'm not really convinced by the thread,
but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more events that were media-crazy towards the ban of guns.

After all, the O-man is a sneaky snake.

Not convinced of what? All I am saying is that the media is playing up the "assault weapon" angle before they have any details of what happened. This is SOP for stories of this type. Put the spotlight on the bad bad gun, and if there is an "assault weapon" anywhere in the story, focus on that, whether it was involved or not.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So now, every time anyone mentions an assault rifle in a story about a mass shooting it's going to be left wing spin ?

Did you ever stop to think that the gun manfacturers are the ones driving the weapons hysteria in the USA right now?

Gun manufacturers have the most to lose on any assualt weapons ban and will be ensuring that the NRA are very heavily funded in this fight. Of course, the NRA will be using those funds to bribe your politicians and pay off the right wing media to fuel gun hysteria.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Jeez, now I'm not so sure anymore. Why does the phrase 'several weapons' not automatically include an assault rifle?

If a bank is robbed do the reporters say, 'several thousand dollars were stolen, including several hundred dollar bills'?

In a highway accident do reporters say, 'a multi-car pile-up occurred on I-495, including several SUV's'?

I don't know what it is, but something is starting to smell fishy.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
So now, every time anyone mentions an assault rifle in a story about a mass shooting it's going to be left wing spin ?

Did you ever stop to think that the gun manfacturers are the ones driving the weapons hysteria in the USA right now?

Gun manufacturers have the most to lose on any assualt weapons ban and will be ensuring that the NRA are very heavily funded in this fight. Of course, the NRA will be using those funds to bribe your politicians and pay off the right wing media to fuel gun hysteria.

It's the same thing as when the left-wing media conveniently forgets to mention the race of the minority perpetrator of a crime whom the police are seeking - it's spin.

new topics

top topics

join