Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone identify this ?

page: 2
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The circular object just under where you marked?

Looks like a small lake, frozen over. It even has a stream/river coming from it draining into the larger lake.




posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS
 


Let me set something straight here first of all i asked for people's opinion on the image.I didnt ask your opinion about weather i may post a topic about something or not.There is no value at all in your opinion the only thing you are after here is ridicule so you can try to act smart, but i think your the smartest if you leave the person judging bit at home and stick to the image itself.And i will say this again if you dont like the ''google earth people'' like your calling it then why the heck are you wasting your time in here ? labeling people doesnt make you beter you assume i am a person that is sitting on google earth everyday trying to find something that isnt right while infact i downloaded google earth today and was just checking it out i know you wont believe that but thats just simply because you dont want to.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


If you would have put Google Earth in your topic then I would have never shared my opinion here because I wouldn't have wasted my time on clicking on it. Your topic was vague at best so I suppose like most people who viewed it......curiosity got the better of me.

Maybe ATS could make a forum called "Google Earth" and put it right next to "Skunk Works" hehehe okay okay I'm done here.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sheesh! Some people here smh. The OP was simply asking a question, I suppose you think it is better that he/she just go back to watching ET or TMZ? Who's agenda would that serve?

Anway, I copied those coordinates in to google maps and zoomed out a bit and then looked at the terrain option on the map, it is visible on the terrain map so I think it is a natural formation. It looks to be about 300-500m wide. Very interesting what ever it is.
edit on 21/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


If you would have put Google Earth in your topic then I would have never shared my opinion here because I wouldn't have wasted my time on clicking on it. Your topic was vague at best so I suppose like most people who viewed it......curiosity got the better of me.

Maybe ATS could make a forum called "Google Earth" and put it right next to "Skunk Works" hehehe okay okay I'm done here.

So you're saying because you want that i have to put Google Earth in my topic otherwise i could expect this kind of comments ? Do you even know yourself how pathetic you are sounding my topic wasnt vague at all i placed the question in the titel, so when you look at the picture you know my questions.And because you want to dont expect mods to open a section but if they do i would be happy to post it in that section to again you are the one having a problem here not me.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
Sheesh! Some people here smh. The OP was simply asking a question, I suppose you think it is better that he/she just go back to watching ET or TMZ? Who's agenda would that serve?

Anway, I copied those coordinates in to google maps and zoomed out a bit and then looked at the terrain option on the map, it is visible on the terrain map so I think it is a natural formation. It looks to be about 300-500m wide. Very interesting what ever it is.
edit on 21/1/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

Indeed i am glad you get it and that's a great idea i didnt do that yet i never knew we had that function in google maps.Yeah it's pretty big that's why i really want to find out what it is but i'm sure someone will come in bust the door open and gives a good answer.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Can use Google Earth time feature to look at photos that were taken of the area in past times. Is what it used to look like allegedly:



Area has also been used in a Russian green peace poster apparently because of the ice melting I imagine. Learn new things every day I guess.

Enjoy.



posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
Can use Google Earth time feature to look at photos that were taken of the area in past times. Is what it used to look like allegedly:



Area has also been used in a Russian green peace poster apparently because of the ice melting I imagine. Learn new things every day I guess.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the info






top topics



 
7
<< 1   >>

log in

join