Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Can someone identify this ?

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hello ,

I was searching trough google earth just boring myself and i found something that really got my attention.
It looks like a disc shaped object crashed on a mountain, ofcourse i am open minded and can easily believe someone if he can make clear of what this object is.Please share your thoughts


Google Earth/Maps coordinates

78.860151, 102.440067

Picture



Full screen picture
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


Kind of looks like some sort of building to me. maybe some sort of research output of some sorts??


those mountains have a really cool color though interesting find.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a great big ole' giant yurt......
what it looky likey



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The geometric shape dose look natrual, defiantly not a smooth disk saucer. Its probably natrual, the color just throws it off.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


Severnaya Zemlya.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severnaya_Zemlya

Island in question is Bol'shevik.

Possible glacier?
There is a list of the lay of the land on wiki.
But appart from that I'm stumpt.

eee.
edit on 20/1/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: auto-type doing its best to second guess my words resulting in typos.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Oh man you Google Earth people KILL ME LOL.......Have you never played the game iSpy a Cloud that looks like.........? You people are looking at Satelite images at Earth so yeah I am sure your gonna see a lot of different things IF your looking hard enough........Hey I've heard Italy looks like a Giant Boot from space



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS
 


If you find it so dumb that people post this kind of stuff why should you bother responding.I only asked people's opinion on what this object is.I am not a proffesor or a analist so that's why i trust you people to give me a honest opinion on what it is.I didnt start the topic going UFO UFO UFO i said it looks like a ufo so im beeing suspecious but also open minded if people can make clear of what this is.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


Severnaya Zemlya.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severnaya_Zemlya

Island in question is Bol'shevik.

Possible glacier?
There is a list of the lay of the land on wiki.
But appart from that I'm stumpt.

eee.
edit on 20/1/13 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire because: auto-type doing its best to second guess my words resulting in typos.

Thanks for sharing that information i was wondering what kind of island it is.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS
 


If you find it so dumb that people post this kind of stuff why should you bother responding.I only asked people's opinion on what this object is.I am not a proffesor or a analist so that's why i trust you people to give me a honest opinion on what it is.I didnt start the topic going UFO UFO UFO i said it looks like a ufo so im beeing suspecious but also open minded if people can make clear of what this is.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)


Don't mind that stuff, some people have no one to listen to their ideas or maybe they grew being told they were stupid too much so it turns them into unhelpful a-holes that wish you felt as low as they did. Its not their fault, it was their upbringing. Most of us level headed folks know there is no such thing a stupid question.

I don't think this is a structure of any kind. when i pan around it and change elevation it looks like a groove in the earth and the light and shadows are giving it what appears to be edges or sides. Its hard to tell anything with google earth especially with no high res shot to give it real texture.
edit on 20-1-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Oh man you Google Earth people KILL ME LOL.......Have you never played the game iSpy a Cloud that looks like.........? You people are looking at Satelite images at Earth so yeah I am sure your gonna see a lot of different things IF your looking hard enough........Hey I've heard Italy looks like a Giant Boot from space




----to your Italy comment. Thanks for sparing comment about Florida!

But c'mon....it's a discussion board. It's fun to bounce ideas around. And the best part? It's free. So if someone finds something unusual (and I agree withcha....they're bound to come across some matrix-like formation on Google Earth, Sky, and Moon!) bring it on!

After all, what better way to find out how; illogical, simple-minded, dumb, sharp, paranoid, clever, psychotic and conditioned each member is?

So I say, break out the popcorn, sit back and enjoy the comedy show.

Thanks OP


edit on 20-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS
 


If you find it so dumb that people post this kind of stuff why should you bother responding.I only asked people's opinion on what this object is.I am not a proffesor or a analist so that's why i trust you people to give me a honest opinion on what it is.I didnt start the topic going UFO UFO UFO i said it looks like a ufo so im beeing suspecious but also open minded if people can make clear of what this is.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)


You're absolutely correct to bring it here. I love to read people's comments on something like this. It already sounds like a member might've identified it?.....Do you know?

No one needs to take a Psychology course in college. ATS is far more educational!!
Thanks OP !
S&F



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Great find, No idea what it could be but to me it looks like some sort of fortified bunker like this.



But i cant really say for sure.

But still nice find, I love browsing google earth.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 

I'm glad not everyone here is ready to ridicule me indeed i thought there would be no better place to post such things as here.People have to understand if you find something that ''seems'' unusual to yourself you keep thinking about it and ofcourse you want answers and thats why i post these kind of things.I normally wouldnt because i have seen enough people debunking even thing thats avaible about the subject.But i dont mind if it gets debunked because i just want to know what the heck it is.

reply to post by Snoopie
 

That's indeed something that could be in that picture if i look at the top shape.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


There's a gamut of personalities, cultures, ages and intelligence here as you probably know! So it's a crap-shoot of sorts. I find if you post on Fri and Sat you're more likely to engage in a more rowdier bunch.

But don't feel intimidated. You're among people who can relate (that's why we visit certain categories and threads) so ....we may not hold the answers or always be right, but at least you will most likely get our support
(unless I feel I was duped)

FYI, the member above me used your thread to share his story and I answered him but suggested he start his own thread. However my favorite Mod (and I mean that sincerely because he knows all my shortcomings) removed 'em both. Rightly so.
So just in case you were wonderin' 'bout that!



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Dutcheagle
 


There's a gamut of personalities, cultures, ages and intelligence here as you probably know! So it's a crap-shoot of sorts. I find if you post on Fri and Sat you're more likely to engage in a more rowdier bunch.

But don't feel intimidated. You're among people who can relate (that's why we visit certain categories and threads) so ....we may not hold the answers or always be right, but at least you will most likely get our support
(unless I feel I was duped)

FYI, the member above me used your thread to share his story and I answered him but suggested he start his own thread. However my favorite Mod (and I mean that sincerely because he knows all my shortcomings) removed 'em both. Rightly so.
So just in case you were wonderin' 'bout that!



Thanks for sharing that information and i indeed have read the story of the member so i knew that a mod would be around soon to censor that.I wish i had more member replying like you do thanks for your opinion on this topic!



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Interesting find OP. I have no idea what this could be but one interesting point is that google earth says that it's 1280 feet wide. That's pretty darn big.
And as far as the commenter up above, you have to grow a thick skin on here and completely ignore the non productive posts added by some on here. That's what I do.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
Interesting find OP. I have no idea what this could be but one interesting point is that google earth says that it's 1280 feet wide. That's pretty darn big.
And as far as the commenter up above, you have to grow a thick skin on here and completely ignore the non productive posts added by some on here. That's what I do.

I forgot to use the ruler so thanks for sharing that information that is indeed massive !
Thanks for sharing you're oppinion and the support i thought i would only get reactions like the commenter on the top, but i am glad we still have decent people.



posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS
 


If you find it so dumb that people post this kind of stuff why should you bother responding.I only asked people's opinion on what this object is.I am not a proffesor or a analist so that's why i trust you people to give me a honest opinion on what it is.I didnt start the topic going UFO UFO UFO i said it looks like a ufo so im beeing suspecious but also open minded if people can make clear of what this is.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)


Don't ask for people's opinion's unless your willing to accept that not all of us are going to buy into your story.





new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join