It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Bigfoot find?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Oh this isn't in the hoax bin yet? I just read that it was a hoax since it was a slow news day. I will look it up again and post a link.

How Rumors being?

Pennsylvania Bigfoot researcher Eric H. Altman writes, via FB: “The radio announcer stated the guy on before him made it up because it was a slow news day. He got 3 hours of talk out of it.”

I will look for the FB post next.
edit on 20-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
if he did then he should be fired...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
YES sasquatch exists, to the people who keep saying it doesn't. Obviously you have not seen one, so how would you know whether they exist or not? I have seen one, as have thousands of other people, and I know what it was and what it was not, and it was a sasquatch. I get so annoyed at people who do not know what they are talking about, and it makes me mad that they have never seen a sasquatch, but they somehow "know" it is not real. Just because you haven't seen one does not mean anything at all, so stop spreading disinformation.

Anyway, to the OP. I highly doubt this is true, and in fact this same claim has been made multiple times, and it always turns out to be a hoax. There is some really great evidence that is available, some online, but a specimen, especially a live one, would be the best form of evidence. Many of us who know these animals to be real have long speculated that DNA evidence would never prove that sasquatch exists, because without a type specimen all that can be known is that there is an unknown primate in the area where the samples were collected, and not that it is bigfoot. Common sense and scientific processes obviously would disagree on this matter though.

Actually, I can think of two historical cases that may have actually involved a captured sasquatch. First, there is the more unlikely case of Jacko. This was in the 19th century I believe, and many people witnessed the animal in a cage. It eventually escaped, and it is hard to tell if it may have been some other form of primate. There is another case from the US dating back to about the same time, where what was caught definitely was a sasquatch. The story was reported in multiple newspapers, but I could not find any trail after that point. There have been other stories as well, but those two actually had many witnesses, and something had been captured in both instances.

Capturing a live adult sasquatch is likely never to happen, although capturing a smaller one, IF it can be found away from its mother. I forgot about the Zana case in Russia. That was a case with great evidence, and it is quite intriguing. I really suggest that anyone interested look it up, because not only were there multiple witnesses over a period of years, but there was a picture, and the remains, of a son that was supposedly birthed by this hairy female creature, after she was impregnated by a homo sapien sapien male. Quite intriguing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This was back the end of December

Just a basic internet search pulled up a link from the radio station AR 15 dot com linking it to MABRC which went on to say :
"What we know for now is that Ed Smith, through a group called QUantra, is claiming they have captured a bigfoot. MABRC is not involved in this event, Ed Smith published this news through the MABRC forums. This and all news about this incident IS originating from Ed Smith, a former member of the QUantra group."
Then onto Ed Smith's blog that shows a bunker like enclose and his details on what they are doing.
In all of this, I get the impression there is some drama between members and former members.

www.ar15.com...
www.mid-americabigfoot.com...
bigfootevidence.blogspot.mx...
edit on 20-1-2013 by starskipper because: filled in date of posts in links

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

Can you prove it doesnt exist?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holidakd
Just heard on 700 wlw someone claims to have captured Bigfoot in Preble county Ohio.
I googled it and nothing came up. It seems like they are taking it seriously though.
Whether any of it is true or not, it's interesting.

Update: Apparently the men who captured it first found tracks and then droppings in the woods.
Still awaiting further detail.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Holidakd because: (no reason given)

You from Cincinnati? That's my hometown, before I moved to LA last year

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
All these stars flying about posts supporting the existence of an animal that has never been found, ever been any bones, no fossil records. So there are fossil records for every other animal, but not Bigfoot? An animal reported all over North America and no fossil records? We have fossil records for Dinosaurs, who lived millions of years ago.
We have fossil records of the tiniest marine crustaceans, but not Bigfoot.
No bones, no bodies, no hair samples, no live or dead specimens, nothing.
Where are the rest of them? Surely Bigfoot is not an immortal animal walking the Earth for billions of years.
Where are the breeding population of Bigfoot animals?
Nowhere. That's where.
There should be loads of them, but there aren't any, anywhere, ever.

All we have are anecdotes, like the one in this thread, you very people spread disinformation among yourselves and keep the lie going without even realizing it.
There isn't any peer-reviewed documents on Bigfoot, only anecdotes.
We've gone looking for many different animals, plants and all sorts, done documentaries, studies, the lot on them, yet in none of those expeditions have we ever found Bigfoot.....

And the list goes on and on. Ask yourself those questions.
It's very clear that Bigfoot is a hoax.
You don't want to get to the bottom of it and accept the truth really, because that would end your little fantasy.

But hey, keep on starring each other, and good luck finding Bigfoot

edit on 21-1-2013 by ParaSpy2012 because: leaving my foot print

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal
reply to post by Nevertheless

Can you prove it doesnt exist?

Loch Ness Monster must exist because you can't prove it doesn't
Yeti's must exist because you can't prove they don't
Dragons exist because you can't prove they don't
Dinosaurs still exist and live in undergound worlds because you can't prove they don't
Martians live in cities underground because you can't prove they don't
Elvis Presley is an alien living in the Cygnus X-1 solar system PROVE ME WRONG !!!!

See how ridiculous proving a negative is?

What we can say is : Given the evidence to date (ie naff all or at best anecdotal) these various mythical creatures do not exist.

Modern phones are the bain of the believer. The cameras on these phones are far better at taking pictures in poor lighting than even professional film cameras of 10 years ago and every other person has one !!!!. Where is the photographic evidence? Go on let's see the wonderful excuse for not being able to take a photo......

UFOology is suffering the same problem which has resulted in "best evidence yet" being 2 or 3 pixel wide white dot against a black night sky.......because if it was close a modern digital camera would take a reasonable photo even in the dark !

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
###Thread closed###

As mentioned by elouina in this post, and described by Loren Coleman on his website, the story was a radio show hoax.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join