Now that I think about it, it is not the "desire/wish" itself that causes suffering, but instead..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think arpgme is relating desires not felt accomplished in the physical may be felt as suffering if not seen in the physical but in the metaphysical may be seen and felt and may be more appreciated IF AWARE OF and WHEN not felt useless feelings or suffering is felt due to their desires wishes not coming into physical form manifest.. even if manifested elsewhere not appreciated due to them not aware of their wishes.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 1/21/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I agree with that (and it is pretty much the morale of the childrens story "The Little Match Girl"). It is also an excellent coping mechanism and element of endurance in very restrained or powerless situations.

I consider it a tool of mind- but like all tools, I think it can be misused as well. For example, people who learn this early in life as a coping mechanism, but then continue to use it when it is no longer needed, deprive themselves of energy. For desire also creates energy in the body for both movement and thought.
Like having a woodstove that lights up as soon as you decide- "I want something! I don't have it, I want to get it".

There is a lot of problems and eventual unhappiness that can come from leading an ineffective life, because you end up in more and more powerless situations, as a result of not having any desire to engage (which in turn, causes you to regress back into imagination to cope...).

A lot of mental illness comes from this.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Desire is The Goddess

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by smithjustinb

All there is is right here and right now - there is nothing 'more'. When this is realized desire vanishes.

When this is realized, God appears.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

What I realize is that I am someone else's desire.

There is no one else. There is not even a 'you'.
This is it. There is no 'other'.
What is happening is all there is.

But the mind 'believes' there is more and it searches for what it desires. That is what happens.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What is the Flesh but Desire.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wanting causes suffering. If you don't want, then you don't suffer from lack of having. This applies to health, money, toys, drugs, women, etc.

Unfortunately, it is human nature to always want more. Better health. Better drugs. More money, more toys, more women. LOTS of women! Oh crap, did I just reveal too much?

It is human nature to want. That is what makes us the way we are - needy and scared. The human race just can't get enough of anything to satisfy their needs. Never satisfied - that is the human condition - needy and greedy.
Never satisfied = suffering.

The cure is 'want what you have and don't want what you don't have'. But humans are mental - they believe there is more because the mind says there is more - deluded by mind.

Now tie your statement into the fallacy of living an eternity in paradise (heaven) while still endowed with human emotions. Not gonna happen.
edit on 1/21/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

All there is is right here and right now - there is nothing 'more'. When this is realized desire vanishes.

Oh I love this.
If this is all there is and there is nothing more why would I be so crazy as to do away with the one thing I know I am, desire. The desire to love and be loved. The desire to connect. The desire to contribute. The desire to use all the tools and instruments that I am blessed with here on the physical, the desire to explore, the desire to reach out etc etc etc ad infinitum.

And a fool is a fool is a fool.......ad nausea
edit on 21-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

But the mind 'believes' there is more and it searches for what it desires. That is what happens.

The me that I am is not the me that I have ever rightly known. I am god, yet god is something other than what I am. Because what I believe myself to be is not what I actually am. So in order to recognize the truth of what is here, I have to consider that it is something else.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema

Oh I love this.
If this is all there is and there is nothing more why would I be so crazy as to do away with the one thing I know I am, desire. The desire to love and be loved. The desire to connect. The desire to contribute. The desire to use all the tools and instruments that I am blessed with here on the physical, the desire to explore, the desire to reach out etc etc etc ad infinitum.

And a fool is a fool is a fool.......ad nausea
edit on 21-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

You believe you have to connect because you feel separate.
When wholeness, oneness, is realized, it is known that there is nothing separate.
There is no need to connect when all is one.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The me that I am is not the me that I have ever rightly known. I am god, yet god is something other than what I am. Because what I believe myself to be is not what I actually am. So in order to recognize the truth of what is here, I have to consider that it is something else.

This is God. This is all there is. This moment of presence is it. There is nothing outside of this moment of presence (God).
This instant is being seen - God is seeing and knowing what is seen (Gods glory).
The seeing aspect is also called 'awareness' (the father)
The seen aspect is often called 'consciousness' (the light of consciousness/Christ the sun/son).

Then the imagination of the manifest (son of man) create the illusion of 'more'. In the mind of man (manifest) worlds are created that will be destroyed when God becomes known. The world only appears to exit in the mind. Has anyone ever seen 'the world'? Or is the 'world' just a bunch of ideas collected?
Only this moment exists and if you believe in 'other' then you are worshipping 'other' and God said 'worship no other'. If 'other' is worshipped (other time, other place, other that what is actually appearing) there will be suffering. Suffering happens because one is not living in truth.
Suffering ceases when one comes back to source (the father which can be found if you stay with Christ - the light of consciousness that is appearing presently).
edit on 22-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wanting causes suffering. If you don't want, then you don't suffer from lack of having. This applies to health, money, toys, drugs, women, etc.

Unfortunately, it is human nature to always want more. Better health. Better drugs. More money, more toys, more women. LOTS of women! Oh crap, did I just reveal too much?

It is human nature to want. That is what makes us the way we are - needy and scared. The human race just can't get enough of anything to satisfy their needs. Never satisfied - that is the human condition - needy and greedy.
Never satisfied = suffering.

The cure is 'want what you have and don't want what you don't have'. But humans are mental - they believe there is more because the mind says there is more - deluded by mind.

Now tie your statement into the fallacy of living an eternity in paradise (heaven) while still endowed with human emotions. Not gonna happen.
edit on 1/21/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Emotion is energy moving. Energy is always moving but the human believes the 'energy moving' (emotion) is happening to them. Really energy is just moving and humans try to separate themselves from the moving energy and this is resistance - it is the resistance that hurts. Feel the energy, go right into it and you will find that it is nothing to fear. The resistance is fear. Acceptance is love.

Humans don't want what is happening, they want something different, they are thinking there is something better. They look elsewhere for relief, and in looking elsewhere they divide themselves. United you stand, divided you fall.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join